The Fresh Market

2.0

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Front End Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market in February 2013.

Phone interview was very short only confirming everything from my application. Face to face interview was only about 10 minutes long. Once more only confirming my application information. Passing the background check and online assessment was required by head quarters. No drug test they do random testing monthly. They seemed desperate, and it turns out they were desperate.

Interview Questions
    Their first offer was less than I was currently making. They matched my current pay promising a quick bump in pay. They seemed desperate.

Department Head Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Fresh Market in March 2011.

About a week after the online application and assessment test I was contacted by the D.M. for an initial interview and was told I would get a call from the Store Manager for a follow up interview, which took place about 1 week later. I was told they had a few other applicants to talk to and that I would hear back either way. Two days later the Store Manager called and made an offer. I accepted the position, but did request a little more compensation and was told they could not do it. They called me back in a few hours and they offered slightly more.
    Both interviewers were very personable and informative, telling me about their history with the company. The both asked routine questions about my work history and duties and explained some of their systems and processes to see if I was capable and knowledgeable.

Interview Questions
    • They asked about ordering and inventory experience and systems I have used.   Answer Question