The Gap

Average Difficulty
8 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in April 2011.

Interview Details – Had a one on one interview on the phone, later had a presentation. Overall was good and everyone was very nice, had some difficult questions, but they seem to care about your thought process more than your specific industry knowledge. There are specific industry questions, but even with knowing very little about them, made it to the next round. Overall seems to be a great company.

Interviewed at The Gap

Interview Details – Group interview

Interview Question – Name a time where you had difficulties with your coworkers and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Very Easy Interview

Lincoln City, OR

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

Interview Details – The interview was very relaxed, I felt like I was talking to a friend. There was only one interview; I was called the next week to work.

Interview Question – At the time, I was still getting used to being interviewed. Every question was unexpected and difficult.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There wasn't a negotiation.

Freehold, NJ

I applied online and the process took 6 days - interviewed at The Gap in July 2010.

Interview Details – Need to submit instore and online application. One interview, paid training days.

Interview Question – They may ask secifics about you're resume because it relates to their life.   Answer Question

Bellevue, WA

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Gap in February 2010.

Interview Details – Group interview asking basic questions like how would you sell a certain item. The store manager at the time was very friendly and open to all questions. There is an assistant manager that does interviews too.
All of us in the group were hired, i have never known my store to not hire someone who came in for an interview.

Interview Question – What do i appreciate in a customer experience when i am shopping?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Ask about higher pay because a raise won't happen for a while.

Very Easy Interview

Associate

Interview Details – The interview was actually very quick and simple. I only had one job previously and it was seasonal but the manager who interviewed me seemed to have made up his mind to hire me before we even spoke. I also managed to be a half hour late and was still hired. He said his main reason was because of my positive attitude and the fact that I smile all the time. (They're big on smiling) He asked a little bit about what I did at my last job but most of it was just explaining what I'd be doing with them and the pay and what the hours would be like.

Interview Question – Why do you think the Gap Card is an important part of the company?   Answer Question

Associate

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in October 2010.

Interview Details – You apply and one of the managers contacts you. You interview with him and it can either be in a group setting or a personal setting. Mine was with one other girl. He asks you basic questions like "why do you want to work at the gap? do you have experience in retail?" Then, if he likes you, he'll call you and you have a second interview with the general manager. If he likes you, you get called again and offered the position

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate

Associate

The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Gap in September 2010.

Interview Details – Had 3 interviews with management. Be yourself, dress to impress (Gap style people!!) and be confident. Being bilingual a major plus as with all jobs!

Interview Question – Why would you like to work at Gap?   View Answer

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!