The Gap Associate Interview Questions

2.1

8 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in April 2011.

Had a one on one interview on the phone, later had a presentation. Overall was good and everyone was very nice, had some difficult questions, but they seem to care about your thought process more than your specific industry knowledge. There are specific industry questions, but even with knowing very little about them, made it to the next round. Overall seems to be a great company.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Group interview

Interview Questions
    • Name a time where you had difficulties with your coworkers and how you handled the situation   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lincoln City, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lincoln City, OR

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

The interview was very relaxed, I felt like I was talking to a friend. There was only one interview; I was called the next week to work.

Interview Questions
    • At the time, I was still getting used to being interviewed. Every question was unexpected and difficult.   Answer Question
    There wasn't a negotiation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Freehold, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Freehold, NJ

I applied online. The process took 6 days - interviewed at The Gap in July 2010.

Need to submit instore and online application. One interview, paid training days.

Interview Questions
    • They may ask secifics about you're resume because it relates to their life.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Bellevue, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bellevue, WA

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Gap in February 2010.

Group interview asking basic questions like how would you sell a certain item. The store manager at the time was very friendly and open to all questions. There is an assistant manager that does interviews too.
    All of us in the group were hired, i have never known my store to not hire someone who came in for an interview.

Interview Questions
    • What do i appreciate in a customer experience when i am shopping?   Answer Question
    Ask about higher pay because a raise won't happen for a while.

Associate Interview

The interview was actually very quick and simple. I only had one job previously and it was seasonal but the manager who interviewed me seemed to have made up his mind to hire me before we even spoke. I also managed to be a half hour late and was still hired. He said his main reason was because of my positive attitude and the fact that I smile all the time. (They're big on smiling) He asked a little bit about what I did at my last job but most of it was just explaining what I'd be doing with them and the pay and what the hours would be like.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you think the Gap Card is an important part of the company?   Answer Question

Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in October 2010.

You apply and one of the managers contacts you. You interview with him and it can either be in a group setting or a personal setting. Mine was with one other girl. He asks you basic questions like "why do you want to work at the gap? do you have experience in retail?" Then, if he likes you, he'll call you and you have a second interview with the general manager. If he likes you, you get called again and offered the position

I didn't negotiate

Associate Interview

The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Gap in September 2010.

Had 3 interviews with management. Be yourself, dress to impress (Gap style people!!) and be confident. Being bilingual a major plus as with all jobs!

Interview Questions

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!