The Gap

Relevance Date Difficulty

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative
Rocklin, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in September 2012.

Interview Details – I applied to The Gap Direct's call center on a Wednesday and received a call back within a week. I was asked to interview in a group setting with, what ended up being, 6 other individuals. We were all asked five questions and we were to answer them in depth. I noticed some other applicants didn't answer all parts of the questions which was unfortunate. Out of the 6, only two were offered positions. I was called back within two hours (praise God!) and offered $ 12.00/hr. Starting salary is $10.10/hr and it is evaluated by experience. I didn't have any call center experience, but I was formerly a buyer and had 10 years of customer service and retail experience. Customer service and self starting/ownership of your position were greatly emphasized.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty straight forward. One of the questions was what is a goal that you have set for yourself that may have been difficult, but that you accomplished. How did you accomplish it?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The offer was fair. Pay is weekly and employees receive a 50% merchandise discount to 2/5 brands and healthy discounts at the other brands.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Call Center Representative Interview

Call Center Representative

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in August 2012.

Interview Details – Group Interview

Interview Question – What was the most difficult customer or situation you have been in and how did you handle it.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They Calculate your past experience and then make an offer. They don't actually negotiate.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Gap

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap Call Center Representative interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees and interview candidates.