The Gap

2 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – I initially spoke with a recruiter for The Gap at my college Career Fair. After speaking with her about their Executive Training Program, I expressed my interest in their company and handed the woman my resume. She asked if I had time for an interview later that day after my classes, and we arranged to meet around 3:45pm that same day for my interview. The interview took place in a room located in our Career Services office. I was nervous being that I didn't have any time to prepare for the interview. The questions that the interviewer asked were very intense, only adding to my nerves.

Interview Question – The questions that were asked during the interview were all open ended and unrelated to the position I was interviewing for. One of the questions was to tell her everything I knew about the history of their company. This was hard to answer because I did not have time to research The Gap's history in the short period of time in between classes and my interview.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Executive Assistant Interview

Executive Assistant

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied online via the company's website. After a few weeks, an in-house recruiter called me for an initial phone interview. The questions were mostly basic ones relating to what was in my resume. The in-house recruiter then scheduled me for a 1:1 interview at their office. The interview consisted of more detailed inquiry about my professional experience mixed with behavioral questions. I was given information on how to take their online skills test. The next scheduled interview was with the hiring Executve.

Interview Question – Describe a very hectic day and how do you go about accomplishing all your tasks.   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Gap

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap Executive Assistant interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees and interview candidates.