The Gap

Updated Jan 18, 2015
Updated Jan 18, 2015

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

General Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

I was pleased to be reached by a recruiter on LinkedIn about an open position. She got me in contact with an HR person that I had a few conversations with and one phone interview lasting 2 hours. I then had a follow up phone interview with the DM and another phone interview with the HR person. Lastly I was invited to an in person interview with a training lady. All in all every interview went great, smooth conversation, no difficult questions I couldn't answer. They even talked about pay, bonuses, when I could start how my training would go. Was told I would get a call in a few days from the last interview and then I never heard a word again. I reached out twice over a month span but got nothing. Would've been nice to have some feedback after 5 in depth interviews.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

General Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

The hiring and interview process was ridiculously long, over a month with three separate interviews all encompassing the same questions. Towards the end I almost just accepted a different offer from another company because I was tired of waiting on them.

Interview Questions
    The salary negation phase was easy and quick and at the very end of the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap in December 2011.

It was fun. I really enjoyed the entire process and can't wait to do it again.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in January 2011.

Interviewed with the recruiter, General manager and two DM's. A very positive experience. Lots of behavior questions.

Interview Questions
    • How do you motivate a team to drive results?   Answer Question
    • What are you currently working on to continue your personal development?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in September 2010.

I went through several different interviews. The first was with a recruiter who referred me to the District Manager. I then interviewed with a peer DM, and lastly with a Regional Director. Because of location, 3/4 interviews were done on the telephone. The questions were standard and leadership as well as behavioral based.

Interview Questions
    • If you could change one thing about your current work environment, what would it be?   Answer Question

General Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap in March 2012.

Received phone call from national recruiter, asked general questions about myself and why I wanted to work at Gap. Then arranged for a 1:1 interview with the DM which was behavioral based questions around my leadership style.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you had to confront a peer   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time you received feedback you didn't agree with?   Answer Question

Salary not competitve.