The Gap Interview Questions

2.4

Retail Management Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied online. The process took 8 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Initial half hour phone screening, standard behavioral based questions. Next round was a project to complete. They give you 7 days to create a new brand to introduce to their portfolio, covering everything including product assortment, business strategy, and financial plan. Did not move on past this round due to insufficient market research for new brand. Project was very time-intensive. Final round in home offices in San Francisco.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

The interview was in a group with two other people. Dress attire was laid back, there were no requirements so I'd just dress as if I were working at The Gap currently. Everything was pretty chill, they placed us in the back, past the dressing rooms in these individual rooms surrounded by inventory boxes. "Just be yourself" is as much advice as I can give, just be natural. They'll ask about previous situations, and about yourself later on in the individual portion. I was told they'd call within the week, but don't sweat it.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Submit job application online. Do not bother asking for an application in store...they'll just give you a little card that tells you to apply online. The online application is followed by an online test which tests your organizational skills and workplace ethics. If you meet their needs, they call you for a group interview. If you pass that, they call you for a one on one.

Interview Questions
    • Group interview: Tell me about a particular time where you demonstrated leadership skills.
      One on one: Sell me something....which can be whatever is that you have on you such as articles of clothing, wallet, purse, etc.
        Answer Question

Assistant Customer Experience Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Filled out the application online. They called for an interview, it happened about 5 days later. The questions were mostly about my experience, since I had a lot of retail. Had job offer by the next day.

Interview Questions
    I asked for my desired wage and they gave it to me, no problem.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Relatively simple. I applied online and received a call about interviewing. The managers I met were friendly, the interview was detailed. They asked several questions about selling techniques and customer service. I did pretty well, just answer questions as you truly feel and you'll be fine. They seemed like they really care about customer service.

None

Sales Associate Interview

I didn't have an interview because I did an internship there and they hired me during the holidays. Which was pretty easy and I'm still employed at Old Navy. Though wish they can give out more work opportunities.

Gap Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

I was called about a month later after applying online for the job. It was a group interview and very laid back. It was nice because the manager made us feel comfortable and it made it easy to answer the questions being asked, I wore a dress but so e of the people wore jeans,they don't seem too strict about the dress code. We got asked questions like why we love gap ect. Plus questions that related to how we acted in difficult situations like working with someone we didn't like ect.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

I arrived ten minutes ahead of my scheduled interview time, and told an associate I was there for my interview. I waited 15 minutes after my interview time and the manager finally came around to apologized for the delay because their was an error in scheduling I had my interview with a different manager. I was told to pick out two outfits one that represented myself and another outfit I would dress someone else. During the actual interview I explained my choices and advertise well. It was a group interview, but I felt comfortable during the process as my interviewer was friendly and engaging.

Interview Questions
    • Is it more important to achieve team goals or individual ?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied at a job fair and online. Group interview with 5 people. Interviewer was very friendly and put us at ease. We pulled 2 different looks, one to describe us and another to wear in fall/winter. After explaining the looks we were asked a few questions. Overall it was good and dare I say fun?

Interview Questions
    • Do you value personal or team goals more and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

As soon as I was submitting the job application they asked me if I had time for an interview, right there and then. The interview lasted like around an hour and mainly questions about customer service. A week after they called to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was to demonstrate that even though I didn't have experience in a retail store I knew about customer service.   Answer Question