The Gap

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

2.4

Retail Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Gave my resume through career fair at my school. They quickly contacted me to set up an on-campus interview. After the interview, there was the next round where we had to create a new brand for the GAP and craft a presentation. Presented to a GAP recruiter via Skype.

Interview Questions
    • If GAP was releasing a new leather jacket, how should it decide its distribution strategy?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Applied online. Got a phone call within a week from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. A few days later, before I had met the manager in person for the interview, I got another phone call saying that our first 5 minute phone conversation counted as my "interview" and that I could come in for training. The process and manager seemed chaotic and unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was asked was about my availability during the holiday season.   Answer Question

IT Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

I met with six different people during the day. The interview questions were very straight forward with a lot of time spent on people telling me about the job, what they did and asking "tell me about yourself." Not a lot of meat in the interviews.

I was a former employee and actually found that to be a disadvantage because people don't realize how much has changed since you left and therefore, tend to under explain things. They also tend to be more chatty and I didn't feel like I got a chance to show my accomplishments like I do in other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think Gap's new international initiative will impact your job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online on the Gap hiring website website. One of the managers called me about a week (maybe less) later. The manager gave me a description of the sales associate position but did not ask too many questions for me to consider it a phone interview. She asked me to come in for a one on one later that week. Very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced something difficult and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online, received a call about a week later, went in for a group interview the following week, received a phone call a few days later notifying me of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic interview questions - tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for The Gap, tell me a time you had a conflict with an employee/customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

I was contacted for an interview almost immediately after filling out the application online. We walked over to the food court - it was very casual. The manager and a manager-in-training both interviewed me. Mostly the questions were based about my experience at previous retail positions. Nothing caught me off guard, or no question was too difficult to ask. If you're friendly and enjoy a retail position - you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst experience with a customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

I applied through a career center which is where you have your pre screening. And if the career center recruiter feels your a great fit you get a paper with the info on when to meet with a gap manager and be held an interview. Once I met with the gap manager she said she would call back no later than a tuesday by 3pm. She got back to me and discussed on having an 2nd interview. I went for the second group interview with the gap manager and two other managers. Then after that wanted to see everyone individually and when it got to my turn they asked a few more questions and then in the end by giving me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    what they offered me was great. =)

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

I applied online and was contacted roughly 3 weeks later. It was a group interview with 3 other candidates. We were each given time to answer the questions and at the end he told us he would contact us.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?

What does the Gap style mean to you?

What would your previous coworkers say are your strengths and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

Applied online, recieved an email a few days later, came in for a super easy and quick one on one conversation and was offered a job! Very casual interview. Dress similar to the store Gap itself, but it is up to you. Interview is like a conversation, they want to get to know your personality more than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of the best and one of the worst experiences youve had with customer service?   View Answer
    • How do you keep up with fashion trends?   View Answer

Assistant Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

Filled out an application online and was called for an interview after about 2 weeks. I arrived and was taken to the food court to interview with the GM and Assistant Gm. The questions started off basic which was pretty easy and then they focused on customer service and how I would help of contribute to raising the percentage of the Gap Card. After this part was achieved then the questions was about how I would handle challenge and overcome situations that are not easy or basically how you handle failure. Was told I they will definitely be in contact and was called back later on that day and said that I definitely had a second interview so will see how that goes.

Interview Questions
    • What brings you to the area?
      Tell me a brief description about you.
      How do you handle under performing employees?
      How do you feel about selling the gap card and how will you contribute to that?
      just basic questions I guess