The Gap Interview Questions

Updated Mar 23, 2015
Updated Mar 23, 2015

2.4

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

I applied on online, got called the next day. I was given different days and times that I could choose to come on for the interview. My interview was a group interview with 3 other people. The person that interviewed us made things very relaxed and was talking to us before the actual interview, so it made the interview feel like we were just having a big group discussion. I was nervous before the interview, and I got all overly worked up for nothing, this was the most relaxing interview ever. It only lasted 30 minutes, it seem like it was much longer but only 30 minutes. They said that everybody would get called back by the end of the day to let the know of they got the job.(this was for a new store, that's opening soon) So that's why the process was kinda speedy. I go an call 2 hours later saying I got the job!

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between customer service and selling? Or is there a difference?   Answer Question
    • Paint a picture of what you think customer service is?   Answer Question
    • Describe a color that best fits you and why?   Answer Question

Part-Time Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

Got a call from the hiring manager about coming in for a group interview. Got there and there was only me and another applicant out of six. Had the interview in the break room.

Contract - Buying Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in March 2015.

A recruiter contacted me about a contract position with Gap. After providing the recruiter needed information I was scheduled for a phone interview with Gap. I spoke with a Gap representative then followed up with the recruiter. I was then quickly moved forward in an in-person interview, where I met with 3 professionals at 30 minute intervals. 3 days later I was offered the position.

Interview Questions
    • Q. Elaborate on this bullet point on your resume.
      Q. Have you ever uncovered a procedure that didn't work and if so what did you do about it?

Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

After applying online, was a brief telephone interview with one of store managers after which scheduled a group interview. Group interview was with 6 candidate, open question and answer format with standard customer service and retail trends questions such as, describe a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer.... After q&a we viewed Gap Inc videos.

Assistant Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in March 2015.

I had 2 interviews one was over the phone the other was in person. It took at least one week to hear back from each interview. I would recommend calling the store after you've applied online just to follow up on your application.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Required an application submitted online. It was straightforward and easy to fill out with a picture quiz of different situations that may happen on the floor and how you would handle them. Once I submitted that, I was asked to come in for a group interview with other candidates. Once I passed that step, I met with the General Manager.

Seasonal Cust Serv Consultant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Went to open interview and interviewed with 7 other people. 4 people interviewed us and asked dumb questions.. like "How did you help a disgruntled customer and turn their situation into a great experience?" I said "I called an ambulence when this chick when into labor at another job I was at. I was at the hospital working at the front desk... so I guess my phone call was pointless. Silly me! Anyway, her baby came out defect-free and I guess that she was happy... a kid is a great experience right? So yeah, that wouldnt have happened without me." cake interview.

Interview Questions
    • How did you help a disgruntled customer and turn their situation into a great experience?"   View Answer

Retail Management Program Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Gave my resume through career fair at my school. They quickly contacted me to set up an on-campus interview. After the interview, there was the next round where we had to create a new brand for the GAP and craft a presentation. Presented to a GAP recruiter via Skype.

Interview Questions
    • If GAP was releasing a new leather jacket, how should it decide its distribution strategy?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Applied online. Got a phone call within a week from the store manager asking me to come in for an interview. A few days later, before I had met the manager in person for the interview, I got another phone call saying that our first 5 minute phone conversation counted as my "interview" and that I could come in for training. The process and manager seemed chaotic and unorganized.

Interview Questions
    • The only question I was asked was about my availability during the holiday season.   Answer Question

IT Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

I met with six different people during the day. The interview questions were very straight forward with a lot of time spent on people telling me about the job, what they did and asking "tell me about yourself." Not a lot of meat in the interviews.

I was a former employee and actually found that to be a disadvantage because people don't realize how much has changed since you left and therefore, tend to under explain things. They also tend to be more chatty and I didn't feel like I got a chance to show my accomplishments like I do in other interviews.

Interview Questions
    • How do you think Gap's new international initiative will impact your job?   Answer Question