The Gap

533 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Sales Associate

I applied through college or university and the process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap in September 2010.

Interview Details – it was quick and concise... And, getting an interview pretty much guarantees hiring. the staff seems welcoming. not that much questions during the interview process. it was informal so for the position it is really not nerve wracking.

Negotiation Details – quick

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in August 2011.

Interview Details – just apply online and they'll call you if they're interested. interview process is pretty easy. just be yourself and answer honestly and you should be set. i wore a v neck sweater and an oxford button down and skinny jeans. they tell you to sell them what you have on and that was pretty easy. try to stand out but don't over do it because it doesnt seem like they like that too much.

Interview Question – nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – there wasn't one. its was a starting position so i took it. 8.25 isn't so bad.

Brooklyn, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – I applied online for The Gap , and the next day I got a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with at least 20 people, there were three mangers and each one of them asked a question, and everyone took turns answering the question, and they did a little thing where you had to try and remember everyones name in the circle.

Interview Question – There were no difficult questions. When is there a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? What is a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? what is one word that describe you?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – no negotiation

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Store Manager Interview

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

Interview Details – They take a really long time to hire someone. The process is very slow moving, and there seems to be no variance in the numerous interviews you are required to go through. Everyone asked the same questions, they should perhaps consider a group interview to save time.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, in fact a little to boring.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they made a more then fair offer right up front.

Very Easy Interview

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

Inventory Planning Analyst
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in November 2012.

Interview Details – Very casual, it was more of an open discussion and learning more about the role and responsibilities. Because I was referred from a previous director, it was a more relaxed interview process.

Interview Question – Why do you want to switch into a different function when you already have experience in it.   Answer Question

New York, NY

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in January 2013.

Interview Details – applied online got a phone call and group interview in the same week. About ten people there. Very friendly environment. Not intimidating at all. Depending on the hiring manager, the process is fairly simple.

Interview Question – general questions none were difficult or unexpected   Answer Question

Seasonal Employment Coordinator Interview

Seasonal Employment Coordinator
Fishkill, NY

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – 1st interview over the phone. 2nd interview in person. Interview questions typical. Interviewers very nice, casual atmosphere. Seems like a great company to work with good people.

Interview Question – Tell us how you delivered some type of bad news you delivered and how you did it   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Customer Service Consultant
Grove City, OH

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap in July 2014.

Interview Details – Went to open interview and interviewed with 2 people. It was pretty painless and they were very easy to talk to and with. They asked great questions that would give them a feel for your personality but also gave the opportunity for me to do the same in return.

Interview Question – none of the questions were difficult.. just be yourself and answer honestly   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I am a rehire from a previous time so I had a feel for what the pay could have been.They asked me what my desired salary was that I wanted and I told them.

Front-End Engineer Interview

Front-End Engineer
San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gap in January 2010.

Interview Details – The interview was pretty relaxed. They gave me a few reasonable programming questions for each of JavaScript, CSS, HTML and basic concepts. They were more interested in how I went about solving problems and doing the research needed to complete a task which I find much more telling than obscure or trick programming questions.

Interview Question – As I remember it was data set parsing question finding matched values in a large array.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – None as it was a contract position.

Gap Sales Interview

Gap Sales

Interviewed at The Gap

Interview Details – Interview, be bubbly and go getter. be on points.. know the company and what the expectation is. and I don't know why they glass door wants me to write more on this..

Interview Question – Varies leader to leader   View Answer

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!