The Gap Interview Questions & Reviews

547 interviews

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I interviewed in-person. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Leesburg, VA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Leesburg, VA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in April 2013.

They ask a bunch of simple questions, and do not care about your answer. It is just a part of the hiring process. They're very desperate and ALWAYS hiring, no matter what. It's an easy job to get.

Interview Questions
    • They all start out as "Name a time when..." Very simple questions   View Answer

General Manager Interview

The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

The hiring and interview process was ridiculously long, over a month with three separate interviews all encompassing the same questions. Towards the end I almost just accepted a different offer from another company because I was tired of waiting on them.

Interview Questions
    The salary negation phase was easy and quick and at the very end of the process.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. The call was confusing because she asked me about my availability and even though I told her she was still confused on the hours that I could work. When it was time for the interview, she asked a lot of the basic questions. This was my 1st ever interview and I was kind of surprised when she made me go out on the floor and pretend to help people out. After the interview was done, she said that she would call the next day, but never did.

Interview Questions
    • Either having to go out on the floor or what was the worst type of customer service you've had?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coconut Grove, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Gap in November 2011.

Group panel with about 8-9 others and the manager asks you questions about why you chose working for Gap, what do you like best about the clothes. It's a first come first serve answer approach but it was best if you showed immediate interest in answering instead of being the last and let everyone else answer before you.

Interview Questions
    • Giving a good sales pitch for advertising what you were wearing in the interview.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call the very next day. The phone call lasted 5-10 minutes, and just went over a couple basic things from a prior retail job I had. Two days later, I was scheduled for an in person interview. That one lasted about an hour, with the same person who did my phone interview. It was very easy and laid back, but it may have helped that I am familiar with the brand, love fashion, and have several years of retail experience. I had to wait for the required background check to go through. Exactly one week after my in person interview, I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a pair of jeans that you had never seen or even touched until that moment to a customer who was interested?   View Answer

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Monica, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Monica, CA

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap in August 2011.

The interview process was easy - the interviewer was a manager about to leave so she seemed to be sold on anyone who acted enthusiastic, and wanted to just fill the positions, she did not have a fashion background. It was a group interview of 3 people. The only thing somewhat unique for an interview of this position status was to have us pick out/style an outfit on the floor and then explain why we chose the items we did.

The interview was scheduled before the store opened, and I had to call and enter from the shipping entrance in the back. She wanted all the interviewees to meet the GM so we had to come back 3 hours later because the GM wasn't there yet. Once meeting the GM she told us about the company and asked us about our background in customer service, then asked us if we had questions, we all asked one to two.

24 hours later I got a call from the manager saying they would love me to work for them, and was scheduled the following morning at midnight to help fold the new merchandise; she explained it was a seasonal shift were all employees were scheduled to help the stock and merchandise team, but it would be the last one because the company was making cut backs on hours. My next shift was a day after at 4PM for 3 hours. Me and the two other girls were all hired. I stayed the longest and got a promotion to Project LA Stylist, and had room to exercise my talents in merchandising with the visual team.

Interview Questions
    • We had to pick out an outfit and say why we picked it (as stated above)   View Answer
    They said they would start me at $10/hr and that was the max. 4-6 months later I got promotion to $13/hr to fulfill new position of Project LA Stylist. They go by experience, competitive pay.

Store Support Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rocklin, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rocklin, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

I was interviewed over the phone by my contractor, and then referred to the Gap. I met for an in person interview with about three other candidates present. We were interviewed one at a time, and then went on our way. I received an email within two days offering me the position. Of the three of us that were interviewed that day, myself and one other individual were in the training class.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked how my indirect support of cell phones would make me a good candidate for troubleshooting store technology problems.   View Answer
    This was a contracted position, and starting at 18.00 per hour, it outpayed most other similar positions. There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Pretty generic interview questions that can be prepared beforehand, i.e. greatest strength and weakness, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. I was contacted for an interview and hired within 2 weeks or so.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online and was contacted about a week later to schedule an interview. I went there for the interview and we interviewed in the back break room. The questions were questions that I have not been previously asked ever before, so I was thrown off and even more nervous than before. The employer did not seem happy to be in the interview, and seemed like she had someplace else to be, but still asked a ton of questions due to policy, I'm guessing.

Interview Questions
    • Think of a mistake that you've made, tell what it was, and explain how you handled it.   Answer Question

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!