The Gap Interview Questions

2.4

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakewood, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

I applied online and got a phone call two days later from the manager asking me to come in and interview. The interview was at a different location than the location I applied to work at. I had to drive over an hour to get to the interview location. The manager who interviewed me was super nice. The interview was a group interview, which I was unaware of. Although I was nervous about being interviewed in a group at first, the other two men who were in the group were even more nervous and kept fumbling. The process was fairly casual with fairly easy questions. They were mostly about how you got along with former employers and work mates and how well you worked in a group. At the end of the interview the manager each spoke to us one on one. He told me he thought I would be a great fit and needed to run my information through the system and he would contact me as soon as possible. The next day I got a call from him saying they would love to have me begin the job as soon as possible. The following day I went to the store for an orientation and got my schedule for that week! Extremely quick process.

Interview Questions
    • Who was your favorite boss or teacher and why?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in March 2015.

I applied online back in the beginning of January and got a super unexpected call in the middle of March. I guess it had to do with the hiring process, because I was told they were hiring a lot of people now. The interview was very laid back but went very well, felt just like a conversation and not an interview. I was interviewed in the middle of the store so I was expecting to be pulling items off the rack for an outfit. It barely lasted about seven minutes but by the end of it I think she had already made her decision, felt pretty good about it. Got a call back on Friday (interview was on Monday). They are looking for "energetic, friendly, smiling people" so just be yourself!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Gap in March 2015.

I had two interview with GAP. My first interview with GAP is with the store that they got back to me about 2 days after I applied. I had the interview the next 2 days. There are the store manager and the Assistant manager interview me. They are very friendly and relax. They ask me some basic question and ask me to pick out the outfit and convince their to buy. I didn't get the job the first time. My second GAP at another location, this is one-one interview. She also very friendly and relax. She asked a few questions like the first interview. Both oF the interview is conservations. At the end of the interview. She said she will give her decision to the new manager ( because she move to another location) . After a week, I received the call to offer the job and ask if I can come to the Orientation on Sunday. I so excited to start working there

Interview Questions
    • What is your availability?
      How you deal with difficult customers?
      "What if..." Questions
      Pick out an outfit

Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

I was recruited from my campus. So there was an initial one-to-one interview. They also had a group interview with other candidates from my college. When you make it past the those interviews, they fly you out to headquarters in San Francisco for another evaluation. It's rigorous, but they try to bring together a highly qualified group of people.

Interview Questions
    • They view how you interact in a group interview, as well as one-to-one.   Answer Question

Sourcing Analyst Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

The interview process was very standard. I participated in a brief phone screen and walked through my resume very high level and background experience. Had an in-person interview with an HR Manager and walked through resume more in depth and went through a few standard interview questions.

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oak Brook, IL

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in January 2012.

quick interview that took place on the sales floor, asked to put together outfits and explain why you put them together, explain your own style, how to style/sell to customers

Interview Questions
    • how would you handle a customer causing a scene or being difficult   View Answer

Assistant Customer Experience Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saugus, MA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in March 2015.

I had 2 interviews one was over the phone the other was in person. It took at least one week to hear back from each interview. I would recommend calling the store after you've applied online just to follow up on your application.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Gap in January 2015.

Terrible. I did not receive any feedback after the first phone interview even though the Sr. executive recruiter promised she will definitely get back to me on the next Monday. I followed up and then decided not to follow up for the 3rd time.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON (Canada)

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in August 2012.

Applied online and got a call the next day. It was a group interview with 6 applicants. You have to standout and answer almost every questions. Your selling skills will also be tested.

Rotational Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Berkeley, CA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

Met an employee at the career fair. Received an on-site interview request via career center. Met with recruiter and just asked basic questions. Recruiter was very friendly and explained the program clearly. Answered any questions I had before continuing with interview.