The Gap Interview Questions & Reviews

2.4

Seasonal Employment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Fishkill, NY
    Anonymous Employee in Fishkill, NY

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap.

1st interview over the phone. 2nd interview in person. Interview questions typical. Interviewers very nice, casual atmosphere. Seems like a great company to work with good people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you delivered some type of bad news you delivered and how you did it   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grove City, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Gap in July 2014.

Went to open interview and interviewed with 2 people. It was pretty painless and they were very easy to talk to and with. They asked great questions that would give them a feel for your personality but also gave the opportunity for me to do the same in return.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were difficult.. just be yourself and answer honestly   Answer Question
    I am a rehire from a previous time so I had a feel for what the pay could have been.They asked me what my desired salary was that I wanted and I told them.

Gap Sales Interview

Interview, be bubbly and go getter. be on points.. know the company and what the expectation is. and I don't know why they glass door wants me to write more on this..

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

Went in the store for introduction then applied online. I had an one on one interview with the manager and the interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly about previous work experience and how I would handle difficult situations. However, I didn't find the manager to be very professional. Main reason why I declined the offer. Totally agree with some other comments, the management could be a hit or miss.

I didn't want to work for that particular manager.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

The initial interview was a 30 minute phone screen. The questions were fairly easy - why do you want to work at Gap, tell me about your experience, etc. The recruiter was very nice and knew enough about the position to get me excited about it. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview the following week.

Senior Analyst Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in March 2013.

The hiring process was pretty fast. Got an email two days after application, and each round only took them a few days to proceed. Although all and all it took four rounds of interview and well over a month to get to the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really out of the ordinary. Everyone I interviewed with ask why the Company.   Answer Question

Senior Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through other source. The process took a day - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

Had a one-hour phone screen with a high-level exec of their talent acquisition team, then met with 4 others onsite; it was supposed to be 5 people but one was called into another mtg. Took about 3-hrs long. No one ever got back to me afterwards. Unprofessional.

Interview Questions
    • Exec. person kept asking the same questions several times hoping to hear a different answer; I reiterated my answers. I understand the need for in-depth interviews but this almost felt a bit like harassing in the way this person repeatedly asked the q's.   Answer Question

Iteration Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I interviewed through a recruiter - interviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

This interview seemed unorganized. I spoke to someone and didn't know a time schedule for my day because no one ever shared it with me. Well she lost track of time and got me into my first interview with hiring manager :20 min late. So that was rushed, the hiring manager was sick coughing and sniffling the entire time. She mostly talked about how great they were at software development and Agile.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult hiring manager mostly talked about how great they were at software development and Agile. To be honest I didn't see anything there that made me feel she was accurate.   Answer Question

I just didn't get the feeling they had a true grasp of Agile software development. I felt if they think this is the greatest dev shop doing Agile then how can I come in and contribute or try to bring changes I can clearly see they needed.

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Gap.

I had to keep calling and finally when one of the managers that I needed picked up the phone I was scheduled for an interview at that time. I went in and had a typical interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?
      Describe your sense of style?
      Who influences your style?
      What qualities can you bring to the Gap?
      Why should we hire you?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

I applied online and got a call from the store one month later. I went in for an interview that day. The associates who were working seemed nice enough. Overall low-key environment. My interviewer (the hiring manager for the store) was dressed fairly casually, in a Gap maxi dress. In this particular store the interview was very informal and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There were few questions and all of them were very easy. Availability, previous retail experience, "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question