The Gap Interview Questions

Updated Sep 16, 2014

2.4

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online for The Gap , and the next day I got a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with at least 20 people, there were three mangers and each one of them asked a question, and everyone took turns answering the question, and they did a little thing where you had to try and remember everyones name in the circle.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. When is there a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? What is a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? what is one word that describe you?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in November 2012.

Very casual, it was more of an open discussion and learning more about the role and responsibilities. Because I was referred from a previous director, it was a more relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to switch into a different function when you already have experience in it.   Answer Question

Front-End Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gap in January 2010.

The interview was pretty relaxed. They gave me a few reasonable programming questions for each of JavaScript, CSS, HTML and basic concepts. They were more interested in how I went about solving problems and doing the research needed to complete a task which I find much more telling than obscure or trick programming questions.

Interview Questions
    • As I remember it was data set parsing question finding matched values in a large array.   Answer Question
    None as it was a contract position.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in January 2013.

applied online got a phone call and group interview in the same week. About ten people there. Very friendly environment. Not intimidating at all. Depending on the hiring manager, the process is fairly simple.

Seasonal Employment Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Fishkill, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fishkill, NY

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap.

1st interview over the phone. 2nd interview in person. Interview questions typical. Interviewers very nice, casual atmosphere. Seems like a great company to work with good people.

Interview Questions
    • Tell us how you delivered some type of bad news you delivered and how you did it   Answer Question

Customer Service Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Grove City, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Grove City, OH

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap in July 2014.

Went to open interview and interviewed with 2 people. It was pretty painless and they were very easy to talk to and with. They asked great questions that would give them a feel for your personality but also gave the opportunity for me to do the same in return.

Interview Questions
    • none of the questions were difficult.. just be yourself and answer honestly   Answer Question
    I am a rehire from a previous time so I had a feel for what the pay could have been.They asked me what my desired salary was that I wanted and I told them.

Gap Sales Interview

Interview, be bubbly and go getter. be on points.. know the company and what the expectation is. and I don't know why they glass door wants me to write more on this..

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

Went in the store for introduction then applied online. I had an one on one interview with the manager and the interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly about previous work experience and how I would handle difficult situations. However, I didn't find the manager to be very professional. Main reason why I declined the offer. Totally agree with some other comments, the management could be a hit or miss.

I didn't want to work for that particular manager.

Associate Marketing Manager Interview

The initial interview was a 30 minute phone screen. The questions were fairly easy - why do you want to work at Gap, tell me about your experience, etc. The recruiter was very nice and knew enough about the position to get me excited about it. I was asked to come in for a face-to-face interview the following week.

Senior Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in March 2013.

The hiring process was pretty fast. Got an email two days after application, and each round only took them a few days to proceed. Although all and all it took four rounds of interview and well over a month to get to the final decision.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing really out of the ordinary. Everyone I interviewed with ask why the Company.   Answer Question