The Gap Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.4

Operations Supervisor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Too much and too long for the position. They want perfection instead of experience and help them grow. When i was hired, the interview process was not as complex as they are making it today, and they wonder why they can't get in candidates and the current staff is suffering.

Interview Questions
    • How did you motivate and influence your peers or associates to do something you wanted to do?   View Answer
    I told them if they wanted me then it has to be more than i am currently making, and they gave me $10K more than my previous job.

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Not a long process basic customer service questions ask if u have any experience have to sell yourself on y would u want to work for the company nothing difficult about the interview.

Interview Questions
    • The unexpected question the manger wanted me to do was pick out an. Basic outfit and change it into a girls night out outfit   View Answer

Assistant Manager Customer Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Was not called for an interview until over a month after application process. Incredibly quick, easy interview for being HR for a store. The interview was the most unprofessional I've has in my retail career.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Gap.

Extremely brief and easy. Their is high turnover, so they are usually looking for people. Try to get a job near the holidays and keep it indefinitely. Overall, a very easy process that was a breeze. I could see it being a little more stressful for someone who has never worked before.

No negotiations

Gap Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in January 2015.

I applied online more than once and to several adds across a period of time, so I don't know how long it really took to get a call back, But I did get a call for an interview. It was a group interview with me and 3 other girls.

Senior Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Gap in January 2015.

Terrible. I did not receive any feedback after the first phone interview even though the Sr. executive recruiter promised she will definitely get back to me on the next Monday. I followed up and then decided not to follow up for the 3rd time.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online. Took a few weeks for them to contact me. The interview is not a simple "sit and talk." They interviewed me and another candidate at the same time out in the middle of the store. Asked us the basic questions like "what can you contribute, how does your personality fit in, why Gap, how do you reactin so and so situation?" Then they made us pick out an outfit and "sell" it to them. They were very friendly, but it was kind of awkward just standing there for like 10 minutes while customers were walking around.

Interview Questions
    • How can you represent Gap's goal of a family friendly enviornment to the customer?   Answer Question

Senior Manager Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online. Recruiter contacted me within a couple of weeks to ask basic questions about my background and salary expectations. Had a phone interview with the hiring manager. Had an onsite interview a week after. Was told I would hear from them regarding next steps in a couple of weeks. 2 months later, and nothing. I reached out to the recruiter a couple of times, but never heard back from her. I have heard that this is normal. The Gap is known for their awful recruiting team.

Interview Questions
    • be prepared to provide examples of how your experience relates to the job you applied to.   Answer Question

Sales Associate/Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Frisco, TX

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

The interview was pretty quick and standard. I was called in for an interview about a week after submitting an application online. The interview consisted of two managers and me. I was hired on for Christmas help and was kept permanently.

I got what I asked for

RMP Interview

Application on company website, Preliminary phone or in person screening interview with behavioral questions and why you want to do the program and work at the company, 2nd interview on Skype to present prepared project, lasts approximately an hour, 3rd round assessment day at HQ, tests and interviews with group of other candidates and executives/leaders in the company, meals and travel provided for, takes a couple days to respond with offer or not, recruiting in Fall and hiring by November, hire two classes of 15-20 candidates

Interview Questions
    • If you could create a new business/brand for the company what would it be?   Answer Question