The Gap

Average Difficulty
532 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a call a few weeks later. That week, I went in for an interview and was hired that day. I spoke with two managers, who asked several questions regarding my previous work experience and my strengths/weaknesses. The questions were pretty normal, and at the end, I was given a job offer.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work here?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I didn't negotiate - I took the wage they offered.

Sales Associate (Part Time) Interview

Sales Associate (Part Time)
Houston, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

Interview Details – Really easy. Why Gap? Who are our main competitors? How would you increase a sale? Put a outfit together for a certain scenario... Mine was a teacher going to a bar at night.

(This Store is located at Town and Country by CityCentre)

Negotiation Details – They offered me 9 per hr since I came from ZARA. I should of rejected. If you don't have experience they will offer 8 per hr.

Retail Management Program Interview

Retail Management Program
San Francisco, CA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in September 2013.

Interview Details – Format of interview – Two interviews with a recruiter and a business partner. The interviews lasted between 50 minutes and one hour.

Though I thought the first conversation went well and I really clicked with a business partner, when I went to speak with a recruiter (which happened to be in charge of the whole recruiting/retail management/internship program, I couldn't seem to click with her. She seemed to dismiss my answers, didn't seem engaged in what I said, and did not answer my questions about the position or herself with much enthusiasm.

While I think I could've handled the second interview better, I felt that two interviews back-to-back within the course of an hour was exhausting and nerve wracking, especially given their high positions. If I had passed through this round, there still would've been two more rounds to follow. As much as I love Gap, Inc. their recruiting process is extremely tiring and exclusive.

Interview Question – Given your major, why are you interested in the Retail Management Program?   Answer Question

Sales Associate

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

Interview Details – Was called in for a group interview. When I got there, there for 4 other people. The interview was held in a pretty noisy area of the mall, so it was a little difficult to concentrate. the interview lasted about an hour and the hiring manager said he'd call us if they wanted a second interview. I got called later that same night to come in the next day for a second interview.

Interview Questions

Greensboro, NC

I applied online and interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – Applied online and called store. Lady asked for my availability and asked me to tell about myself and that she will give me a call in about a week or so

Interview Question – What are your weaknesses?   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Seasonal Sales Associate
Miami, FL

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gap in November 2013.

Interview Details – Great environment. They try to make it as friendly as possible. Confidence is the key. Just questions about why did you choose the company and basic questions about who you are.

Interview Question – What is your ideal outfit.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Didn't need to negotiate. Pay wasn't that bad for a sales associate job.

Sales Associate

Interview Details – I applied online at the website. About a week later, I got a call to interview the next evening at the store. The first interview was with the assistant manager and another associate. It was very informal, and they all seemed really friendly. Group interview. Questions included why this company, what do you think is the most important skill needed in this position, tell me about a time where you had to work as a team. I got called in for a second interview with another assistant manager. I was asked about availability, about times when I had to deal with a difficult customer, and other stuff. Was told I was going to be contacted a couple days later.

Interview Question – Stand up and try to sell me the outfit you're wearing.   Answer Question

Gap Sales Associate Interview

Gap Sales Associate

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – There can be one on one interviews if someone recommended you. It was a breeze since I didnt have to go through the group interview. After hired you go into the orientation right away which was easy didnt have to wait too long.

Interview Question – Most difficult was pay to negotiate.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Real easy going had an one on one interview rather than group interview so I was able to negotiate my pay .

Merchandiser Interview

Merchandiser
Dallas, TX

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

Interview Details – I know someone who works at the store that I now work at. She told the Merchandise manager about me and told my friend to have me submit my resume online. I interviewed about a week later. It lasted 15 minutes in which she asked who my style icon was, what my dream job was and why I was interested in being a merchandiser. It was very casual and she was easy to talk to. Online application had some situational questions, that were easy and didn't even come up in the interview.

Interview Question – Who my style icon was. I had a couple, but I didn't see it coming since the Gap has a specific look.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – On my online application I asked for $11 an hour and the store manager told me he could give me $10.50 which I accepted.

Merchandise Processor Interview

Merchandise Processor
Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in September 2012.

Interview Details – Group interview. Incredibly easy. They hired everyone in our group No need to prepare for interview.

Interview Question – They didn't ask any hard questions.   Answer Question