The Gap Interview Questions

2.4

Iteration Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Francisco, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter - interviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

This interview seemed unorganized. I spoke to someone and didn't know a time schedule for my day because no one ever shared it with me. Well she lost track of time and got me into my first interview with hiring manager :20 min late. So that was rushed, the hiring manager was sick coughing and sniffling the entire time. She mostly talked about how great they were at software development and Agile.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was difficult hiring manager mostly talked about how great they were at software development and Agile. To be honest I didn't see anything there that made me feel she was accurate.   Answer Question

I just didn't get the feeling they had a true grasp of Agile software development. I felt if they think this is the greatest dev shop doing Agile then how can I come in and contribute or try to bring changes I can clearly see they needed.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Gap.

I had to keep calling and finally when one of the managers that I needed picked up the phone I was scheduled for an interview at that time. I went in and had a typical interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?
      Describe your sense of style?
      Who influences your style?
      What qualities can you bring to the Gap?
      Why should we hire you?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

I applied online and got a call from the store one month later. I went in for an interview that day. The associates who were working seemed nice enough. Overall low-key environment. My interviewer (the hiring manager for the store) was dressed fairly casually, in a Gap maxi dress. In this particular store the interview was very informal and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There were few questions and all of them were very easy. Availability, previous retail experience, "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

interviewed at The Gap in May 2010.

Quick interview, be very nice and be clean, stylish. It is a one round interview. expect to know you got the job before you leave the interview. Just be personable. Be yourself. They are not looking to hire rocket scientists.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, but before you go into the interview, be sure to think of 'a time you were persuasive' have it on your mind.   Answer Question
    you have about 50 cents worth of wiggle room from whatever they offer.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap in March 2013.

I applied online and was contacted by one of the store managers by phone. We chatted briefly about the brand and my experiences in the retail industry. At the time, I lived an hour away, and was searching for an apartment in the city. They were very open to scheduling my group interview at my convenience. I had my group interview with 3 other girls. We were given a card with a customer description and had to style an outfit based on the customer profile. We then had a fairly laid back group discussion regarding the customer we "helped". Then we discussed our experiences and the manager asked us basic questions about the company. My second interview was with the senior general manager. I was prepared to have a formal interview, but it was really relaxed. She asked me several questions about customer service and selling tactics. She then asked me when I could start and we discussed pay (which was non-negotiable). I was confident I had already gotten the job, because I talked with my first interviewer, whom stated that if you make it to the second interview, you're pretty much guaranteed a job. I got a call within a couple of days with an official job offer.

No negotiation in pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in August 2012.

First, there is an online application. You can apply through a resume and cover letter submission, and answer various questions. It's simple and the interface is easy.

What I did was also go to the store I wanted to be hired in (with proper business attire) and hand a physical copy to the LOD (Leader On Duty or Manager). The next day, I got a call for an interview, and I met with them a few days later. It was literally a one-on-one interview with the General Manager of the store, and she was awesome. This was at my Louisville store in 2012. It was very laid back and simple.

I received an offer the next day and was hired. The training process was also very simple.

I was told my amount per hour and I was also told there was no negotiating it. I was okay with the amount, albeit a bit low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in March 2012.

Hiring was a breeze. The manager asked how I worked with other people, what motivates me, and evaluated my strengths and, of course, my weaknesses. She was caring and genuinly interested in what I was saying. They aren't looking for perfect, written and practiced answers, but for flaw because Gap loves hiring real people that they think are personable and will show success.

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward and to the point.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap.

I was taken to the back room by the hiring manager and was asked about my experience and very easy questions such as "What is an example of great customer service?". Several employees walked in during in the interview which was very distracting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you worked with a team and was successful? And why.   Answer Question

The location was too far from my house and school, and just not worth the amount of gas I would be paying each week.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Nashville, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Nashville, TN

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

You have to apply online and send your resume in. The different stores all have access to your information and will call you if there is a spot needed. if they like you then you get an online scenario test then they will call to set up and interview. Interview you have to put together outfits

Interview Questions
    • Putting together an outfit for a specific type of customer   Answer Question

Network Engineer - Tier III Interview

For contract to hire position, if they asked for 5+ years experience or equivalent, mostly 5 different people will take interview on same day, in person. Mostly from same team, they look for basic knowledge plus what you have done in past. Some scenario based tricky questions expected. First report to receptionist, someone will take you inside around scheduled time. At once there was confusion in one interviewer's time, as some other person schedules interviews