The Gap

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 5 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

Interview Details – The interview is a QA format. The questions are standard; what is your biggest strength and weakness, describe a strategy that you implemented that was successful and what metrics do you use to forecast and manage OTB. The format is a cold and doesn't lend itself to understanding the future team you will be working with. Suggestion is to ask an open-ended question that fosters a conversation in order to get to know your future team.

Interview Question – Describe a financial strategy you presented that was not successful?   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in April 2012.

Interview Details – Interviewed over the phone and in person with several different people. They really take the time to get to know who they're hiring to make sure personalities and work styles mesh, but also to make sure they're hiring competent employees.

Interview Question – What transferable skills can you bring to the table?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – They offered me less than I wanted, but I asked for more and they got back to me a few days later with a more acceptable package.

San Francisco, CA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in September 2011.

Interview Details – I was able to get my resume directly in front of a recruiter through a personal contact. While it took a bit to get a call back, once the recruiter did call the process was very quick. I spoke with the hiring manager and another member of the team within days of each other. A day after my last phone interview, I was given the offer.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!