The Gap Inventory Planner Interview Questions

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Gap (San Francisco, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview is a QA format. The questions are standard; what is your biggest strength and weakness, describe a strategy that you implemented that was successful and what metrics do you use to forecast and manage OTB. The format is a cold and doesn't lend itself to understanding the future team you will be working with. Suggestion is to ask an open-ended question that fosters a conversation in order to get to know your future team.

Interview Questions

• Describe a financial strategy you presented that was not successful?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

Interviewed over the phone and in person with several different people. They really take the time to get to know who they're hiring to make sure personalities and work styles mesh, but also to make sure they're hiring competent employees.

Interview Questions

• What transferable skills can you bring to the table?   1 Answer

Negotiation

They offered me less than I wanted, but I asked for more and they got back to me a few days later with a more acceptable package.

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap (San Francisco, CA) in September 2011.

Interview

I was able to get my resume directly in front of a recruiter through a personal contact. While it took a bit to get a call back, once the recruiter did call the process was very quick. I spoke with the hiring manager and another member of the team within days of each other. A day after my last phone interview, I was given the offer.

Inventory Planner Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Gap (San Francisco, CA) in July 2010.

Interview

I applied for several Inventory Planner positions at gap via their website. Within two weeks I heard back from two different recruiters and set up a a phone interview. During the phone screen, I spoke with 2 different manager, for about 30 minutes each. The recruiter was very helpful and I spoke with her before and after the phone screen interview. The next day, the recruiter called to set up a time for me to come in for a more formal interview. That was a couple days later. I met with 5 different people, pretty exhausting and long interview process, but super challenging. I would make sure that you review Retail math, because a simple retail math question could come up