The Gap Inventory Planning Analyst Interview Questions

Updated Jul 15, 2014

2.2

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in November 2012.

Very casual, it was more of an open discussion and learning more about the role and responsibilities. Because I was referred from a previous director, it was a more relaxed interview process.

Interview Questions
  • Why do you want to switch into a different function when you already have experience in it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in June 2010.

The recruiter was very pleasant and professional during the phone interview. Her questions were well prepared and relavent to the job I was applying for. She was also very forthcoming and helpful with her responses to my questions.

After the phone interview was completed, I was asked to come into the SF office for a full day interview. Although, I have not yet completed the interview process, I feel that the recruiter did a great job of informing me what to expect during the next phase which consists of panel interviews with 3 different Gap brands and a test on retail math.

Interview Questions
    • How have you demonstrated your ability to conduct analysis and formulate recommendations based on analysis?   Answer Question
    • How has your analysis of data impacted the company?   Answer Question
    n/a

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Gap in March 2010.

So the process consisted of a phone screen, a couple of 2:1 interviews with Inventory Managers and a 1.5 hour math test. Getting a response to my application was the hardest part. It took nearly 3 months to schedule a interview and my application was referred by a employee.

The interview was easy, but it is a employers market and if you don't have retail experience they may not feel you are qualified for the entry level position of Inventory Analyst.

Interview Questions
    • If you had poor sales in a store and visited that locations, what would you change or do?   View Answer

Inventory Planning Analyst Interview

The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in November 2009.

It was a phone screen interview with HR. The HR person seems a little bit disorganized as she was not sure what day and time we had scheduled. I called her and reconfirmed our meeting date and time. She called me on time for the interview.

It was a lot of situational and behavior questions based on how I would fit the job. Tell me about a time where you had to do a lot of analysis on project and what was the outcome. How do you handle large group presentation.

She said she would pass my resume along to the hiring manager and call me back in 2 weeks. I called her back 2 times and have not heard from her since.

Only suggestion I want to offer is when HR say large or small group have them quantify the # as it is too vague. When she said large group of people she meant a conference room filled with 10 people versus a lecture hall with 100 people.