The Gap

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sunrise, FL

I applied online and interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – The interview was conducted by a panel of three interviewers. They were very friendly and asked questions about my job history. Examples of questions:
- Have you ever had a conflict with a customer? How did you solve it?
- What do you know about our company?
- Is this a place you can see yourself growing?
- Why should we hire you?

Interview Question – How would you handle a loud, rowdy shoplifter?   Answer Question

Columbus, OH

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Gap in April 2012.

Interview Details – The interview was quick and painless. The interviewer was very friendly and did an excellent job explaining the job. I got a timely response and offer letter.

Interview Question – What are some of your strengths.   Answer Question

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – This job typically requires previous experience or a connection.
You will be given different scenarios of external/internal theft, medical emergencies, etc. that you will have to answer with a "how you would handle the situation".

Interview Question – Just use your personal anecdotes and experiences to fit with the different scenarios as best as possible. Try to answer with only positive and non-aggressive answers.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation, just a base rate.

Loss Prevention Agent

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2010.

Interview Details – Applied online through lpjobs.com; first interview by immediate LP manager, followed by phone call to a DLPM, followed by a 1:1 with a store manager. Next, a criminal background check, and then a drug test. After being hired, then I was asked to apply though the company website which does another background check.

Interview Question – What did you not like about your last job?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – The manager said 'they are prepared to offer, $12.75;" I asked if they could make it around 15 but again I was advised 12.75 and that with my experience and the benefits package, this was really good. After I received first pay check, it was $12.50 and took about 4-6 weeks to adjust. About 6 months after working and while cleaning out old files in LP Office, I can across several former LP Agents whose starting salary was between $14 and 17. Many of them had 1-3 years experience and no degree. When started, I had BS/MS in CJ and about 9 yrs LP experience. Between the economy, rate of unemployment, and the benefits beginning day 1...

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!