The Gap

The Gap Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions

Troy, MI

I interviewed at The Gap in April 2009.

Interview Details – It went great, very thoroughly

Interview Question – Least favorite aspect of your former job   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – I got another offer

Interviewed at The Gap

Interview Details – Great interview process with the other manager

Interview Question – There really wasn't a question that was bad   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2012.

Interview Details – Sent in a resume and was contacted for a phone screening.

Interview Question – Focus on my resume and lack of retail experience.   Answer Question

Albany, NY

The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in August 2009.

Interview Details – it was a challenging process with several steps and backround checks it was pretty interesting and many people that you had to deak with on all levels. There was defintly a sense of having to play the political game but they made you feel as though it would all be worth it. But the challenges would be rewarding and that the stores were complex

Interview Question – what does great customer service look like   View Answer

Manager

I applied through other source and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in November 2008.

Interview Details – I was already working at another store so i knew what to expect. They ask questions about specific situations and how you would handle them. Dont give them "canned' answers, they want you to be original. Also, mention that you understand how customer service effects sales, hours, and Gap Card applications. They love the Gap card!

Interview Question – How would the store benefit by adding you to our team?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Ask for a slightly higher rate of pay than you would like (within reason). If its too high they'll tell you so and ask whats the least you would take. Before applying keep in mind that poor sales will effect you!

Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took a day - interviewed at The Gap in November 2009.

Interview Details – Basic questions. Was told that they would set up a second interview but never called.

Interview Question – What is your greatest weakness   Answer Question

San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in April 2007.

Interview Details – The interview was informal with half hour sessions with 4 different cross funtional partners. Each interview focused on a key focus (financial acumen, competitive landscape, managing and operating, partnerships). The interviews were conversations that probed about my ability to handle the job, fit within the team culture and my business acumen.

Interview Question – How would you describe Net Present Value in laymen's terms?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I had no negotiation leverage since I was an internal hire.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!