The Gap

2.7

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

I completed Gap Inc's Retail Merchandise Program ("RMP"), which I highly recommend, I had a very positive experience with the program. Upon completing RMP, they set up a few interviews for different positions available. There were one or two interviews for each, usually a 2 on 1 and sometimes also a 1 on 1 with a VP. Some were really relaxed, others had a few tough questions. I think the most important thing is to show your interest in the position/team/product, and to come prepared with thoughts on the business (strengths, competitors, market opportunities)

Interview Questions
  • What's something we could be doing better? Who do you think is our biggest competitor?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Merchandise Assistant Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in March 2010.

Hiring & Interview process was purely a job. Interviews wanted to ensure that you fit on the team: motivated, excited to learn, team player, and love product! Do your homework and read about the company and ensure that it aligns with who you are and what you want out of your career.

Interview Questions
    • Very funny: Who is your style Icon? Who do you think has great style!   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in February 2008.

The interview process was easy and fast. Took within 2 weeks to get the position, after interviewing with 3 members of the Merchandising team.