The Gap

3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Merchandise Assistant Interview

Merchandise Assistant

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in March 2010.

Interview Details – Hiring & Interview process was purely a job. Interviews wanted to ensure that you fit on the team: motivated, excited to learn, team player, and love product! Do your homework and read about the company and ensure that it aligns with who you are and what you want out of your career.

Interview Question – Very funny: Who is your style Icon? Who do you think has great style!   Answer Question

Assistant Merchandiser Interview

Assistant Merchandiser
San Francisco, CA

I applied through other source and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Interview Details – I completed Gap Inc's Retail Merchandise Program ("RMP"), which I highly recommend, I had a very positive experience with the program. Upon completing RMP, they set up a few interviews for different positions available. There were one or two interviews for each, usually a 2 on 1 and sometimes also a 1 on 1 with a VP. Some were really relaxed, others had a few tough questions. I think the most important thing is to show your interest in the position/team/product, and to come prepared with thoughts on the business (strengths, competitors, market opportunities)

Interview Question – What's something we could be doing better? Who do you think is our biggest competitor?   Answer Question

Merchandising Assistant Interview

Merchandising Assistant
San Francisco, CA

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in February 2008.

Interview Details – The interview process was easy and fast. Took within 2 weeks to get the position, after interviewing with 3 members of the Merchandising team.

Interview Question – Why do you want to work for The Gap?   Answer Question

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!