The Gap

4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales Associate Interview

Washington, PA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in April 2012.

Interview Details – This was the first job I ever had and was the time when online applications was starting to boom. I went to the store and spoke to a manager who referred me to the site with a code also. I made an account and filed out the application. After a few days no one called so I called them and scheduled an interview. The woman who interviewed me was really nice and we went to a coffee shop across from the store to have the interview. It was kind of awkward but included your typical "Tell me about yourself and your hobbies," questions. So after that awfulness she told me I was a sure hire but she still had to background check me. (No drug test required at the time.) Of course no one called for two days so I called them and the woman who interviewed me went of town. But when she came back we talked and badda boom badda bang I had a job.

Interview Question – Every interview includes "Tell me about yourself." Which for me is essentially the most difficult question because I don't like to talk about myself (at least not out loud). But all they really want is to know that you are well established and can communicate. The best thing to do for this question is to think of what you're going to say beforehand. Think of something prominent in your life (i.e. your mom, siblings, drama class, football team, cheerleading) and make up a little script about it and how that's important then throw in other little details about things you do or things that make you (i.e. you're a master braider, best Barbie dress maker, spelling bee champ) and wah - lah you started a long conversation and probably passed the interview at this point.   Answer Question

Stock and Sales Associate Interview

East Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online and interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – Pretty simple process. They asked me to come in for an in-person interview, and I did a group interview with two others interviewing for the same position. They asked typical questions like available hours, previous experience, how I heard about the job, etc.

Interview Question – What fashion trend do you think is stylish now?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Sales Associate
Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in October 2009.

Interview Details – Bring a resume and dress nicely. It is a good idea to accessorize. Most management will want to see that you are friendly and outgoing.

Negotiation Details – none

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Brand and Logistic Expert Interview

Wilkes Barre, PA

The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in July 2010.

Interview Details – The interview wasn't hard. Simple questions, "what ifs" and scenarios.

Interview Questions

• how would you approach associates to ask them to do standards?   View Answer
  • what if the associate gives resistance when you ask them to do standards?   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Gap

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap interview questions and advice in Pennsylvania. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees and interview candidates.