The Gap

2.4

Stock and Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Pittsburgh, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in East Pittsburgh, PA

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Pretty simple process. They asked me to come in for an in-person interview, and I did a group interview with two others interviewing for the same position. They asked typical questions like available hours, previous experience, how I heard about the job, etc.

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, PA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in April 2012.

This was the first job I ever had and was the time when online applications was starting to boom. I went to the store and spoke to a manager who referred me to the site with a code also. I made an account and filed out the application. After a few days no one called so I called them and scheduled an interview. The woman who interviewed me was really nice and we went to a coffee shop across from the store to have the interview. It was kind of awkward but included your typical "Tell me about yourself and your hobbies," questions. So after that awfulness she told me I was a sure hire but she still had to background check me. (No drug test required at the time.) Of course no one called for two days so I called them and the woman who interviewed me went of town. But when she came back we talked and badda boom badda bang I had a job.

Interview Questions
    • Every interview includes "Tell me about yourself." Which for me is essentially the most difficult question because I don't like to talk about myself (at least not out loud). But all they really want is to know that you are well established and can communicate. The best thing to do for this question is to think of what you're going to say beforehand. Think of something prominent in your life (i.e. your mom, siblings, drama class, football team, cheerleading) and make up a little script about it and how that's important then throw in other little details about things you do or things that make you (i.e. you're a master braider, best Barbie dress maker, spelling bee champ) and wah - lah you started a long conversation and probably passed the interview at this point.   Answer Question

Brand and Logistic Expert Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA
    Anonymous Employee in Wilkes Barre, PA

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in July 2010.

The interview wasn't hard. Simple questions, "what ifs" and scenarios.

Interview Questions
    • how would you approach associates to ask them to do standards?   View Answer
    • what if the associate gives resistance when you ask them to do standards?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mechanicsburg, PA

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in October 2009.

Bring a resume and dress nicely. It is a good idea to accessorize. Most management will want to see that you are friendly and outgoing.

none