The Gap

Relevance Date Difficulty

Very Easy Interview

Retail Associate Interview

Hurst, TX

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Gap in March 2010.

Interview Details – I was called for seasonal on Dec 22nd, came in with another applicant. The hiring manager basically told us if we wanted the jobs we had them, but couldn't guarantee that we'd be kept on after New Years. I needed a job and thought the discount would be great for after Christmas sales so I said yes. They did the background check over the phone I guess and told us to come back the next day at 7am for a tour and some light training. Later I was hired on as a regular employee and the other woman was not.

Interview Question – Wasn't asked any questions during interview.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – They offered me $8.00, minimum wage was $7.25 so I was pretty happy. Plus, you get 50% employee discount.

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Retail Associate Interview

Retail Associate

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – I was brought to the back room with four other people for a group interview. The person giving the interview was nice, and the people there generally seemed very friendly. We were asked to write down our phone numbers and available work hours on a sheet of paper and then we were asked basic interview questions. Then we went out to the floor and were asked to pick out an outfit to sell. We had two minutes and then we presented our outfit like we were trying to sell it.

Interview Question – Describe yourself in one word. (I don't know, this was just so easy that it was difficult)   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Gap

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap Retail Associate interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees and interview candidates.