The Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.3

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I filled out the application and the next day I got a call for an interview a week later. It was a group interview about 12 people for a new store they're opening so they're were going to be a lot of job opportunities. They asked us 3 simple questions and told us they would let us know by the end of the week. I was called Tuesday mid-day and offed a position.

Interview Questions
  • Talk about a time where you realized you made a mistake and what you did to fix it.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Initial phone call to inquire about a scheduled group interview time, then employer asks a question to all applicants, then breaks off in 1:1 questions. After interview, usually get a phone call in 3-5 days with a (potential offer), then watch many videos on company values and positions that are available.

Interview Questions
    • What personal trait do you think you need to improve on the most and how do you think you can achieve success here?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and then got a call a week later, then took part in a group interview. Then about two days later got the call for an orientation, which I learned I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

2 interviews. Very professional and courteous staff in the store. I felt welcomed by all who I interacted with. One interview was with one assistant manager and one with the other. I didn't meet the store manager until after I was hired. Questions were fairly simple , some scenario-type proposals where you had to describe how you would react to a situation.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me this bra"- coming to a male applicant, a little difficult of a question. I can't remember if it was a bra- but it was something in the women's section that most men wouldn't wear.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate....whoops.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodburn, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodburn, OR

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Gap in April 2013.

I applied online and got a call for an interview two days later. I went in for my interview and the manager was very nice and went out of his way to ask questions that relate to me, since I didn't have any prior work experience. The interview took about 15 minutes long and I was offered the job right on the spot.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in November 2012.

Was contacted with a decent amount of time to plan ahead for the interview. Asked a few questions regarding how well I work with others, asked to explain different experiences that I've had while shopping retail.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was unsatisfactory with your performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in June 2011.

One interview with the manager. Very easy-going and casual. They wanted to make sure you were aware of shoplifting that takes place in the retail industry as well as what you would do in a situation. Interested in how outgoing you are and want a people-person that communicates easily and is energetic. Bring your personality and be honest and reliable and you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you see someone shoplifting in the store?   View Answer