The Gap Retail Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

6 interviews

2.6

6 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Initial phone call to inquire about a scheduled group interview time, then employer asks a question to all applicants, then breaks off in 1:1 questions. After interview, usually get a phone call in 3-5 days with a (potential offer), then watch many videos on company values and positions that are available.

Interview Questions
  • What personal trait do you think you need to improve on the most and how do you think you can achieve success here?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I applied online and then got a call a week later, then took part in a group interview. Then about two days later got the call for an orientation, which I learned I got the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond for a customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Woodburn, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodburn, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gap in April 2013.

I applied online and got a call for an interview two days later. I went in for my interview and the manager was very nice and went out of his way to ask questions that relate to me, since I didn't have any prior work experience. The interview took about 15 minutes long and I was offered the job right on the spot.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed in-person. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap.

2 interviews. Very professional and courteous staff in the store. I felt welcomed by all who I interacted with. One interview was with one assistant manager and one with the other. I didn't meet the store manager until after I was hired. Questions were fairly simple , some scenario-type proposals where you had to describe how you would react to a situation.

Interview Questions
    • "Sell me this bra"- coming to a male applicant, a little difficult of a question. I can't remember if it was a bra- but it was something in the women's section that most men wouldn't wear.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate....whoops.

Retail Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in November 2012.

Was contacted with a decent amount of time to plan ahead for the interview. Asked a few questions regarding how well I work with others, asked to explain different experiences that I've had while shopping retail.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was unsatisfactory with your performance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Rochester Hills, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester Hills, MI

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2011.

One interview with the manager. Very easy-going and casual. They wanted to make sure you were aware of shoplifting that takes place in the retail industry as well as what you would do in a situation. Interested in how outgoing you are and want a people-person that communicates easily and is energetic. Bring your personality and be honest and reliable and you will get the job.

Interview Questions
    • What do you do if you see someone shoplifting in the store?   View Answer

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!