The Gap

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.1

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Required an application submitted online. It was straightforward and easy to fill out with a picture quiz of different situations that may happen on the floor and how you would handle them. Once I submitted that, I was asked to come in for a group interview with other candidates. Once I passed that step, I met with the General Manager.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online on the Gap hiring website website. One of the managers called me about a week (maybe less) later. The manager gave me a description of the sales associate position but did not ask too many questions for me to consider it a phone interview. She asked me to come in for a one on one later that week. Very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced something difficult and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online, received a call about a week later, went in for a group interview the following week, received a phone call a few days later notifying me of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic interview questions - tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for The Gap, tell me a time you had a conflict with an employee/customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

I was contacted for an interview almost immediately after filling out the application online. We walked over to the food court - it was very casual. The manager and a manager-in-training both interviewed me. Mostly the questions were based about my experience at previous retail positions. Nothing caught me off guard, or no question was too difficult to ask. If you're friendly and enjoy a retail position - you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst experience with a customer?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

I applied through a career center which is where you have your pre screening. And if the career center recruiter feels your a great fit you get a paper with the info on when to meet with a gap manager and be held an interview. Once I met with the gap manager she said she would call back no later than a tuesday by 3pm. She got back to me and discussed on having an 2nd interview. I went for the second group interview with the gap manager and two other managers. Then after that wanted to see everyone individually and when it got to my turn they asked a few more questions and then in the end by giving me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    what they offered me was great. =)

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

I applied online and was contacted roughly 3 weeks later. It was a group interview with 3 other candidates. We were each given time to answer the questions and at the end he told us he would contact us.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?

What does the Gap style mean to you?

What would your previous coworkers say are your strengths and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

Applied online, recieved an email a few days later, came in for a super easy and quick one on one conversation and was offered a job! Very casual interview. Dress similar to the store Gap itself, but it is up to you. Interview is like a conversation, they want to get to know your personality more than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of the best and one of the worst experiences youve had with customer service?   View Answer
    • How do you keep up with fashion trends?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

I applied online and they called me a few days later to schedule an interview. The interview was with one of the managers, and it was very simple: he took me into their break room, asked me about my reasoning for wanting to work with the brand. He then asked me to describe my personal style, talk about my experiences with people, and asked me about availability. He told me on the spot that I was hired and that he would be calling me soon to set up a day for training and orientation. It very casual, easy, and simple!

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Applied online, got a phone call to schedule an interview 1-2 weeks later. Very informal interview, took me to the back of the store and asked typical interview questions, only took 15+ minutes. Mostly about why customer service is important, why do you want to work at Gap, and past activities/experiences.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

After an initial meet with the the head hiring manager, myself and one other potential hire sat down with a different hiring manager at a nearby cafe. It was very laid back and put me at ease. We discussed our qualifications, what the job would entail and were asked to explain how we might react in different hypothetical situations.