The Gap

2.2

288 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in October 2010.

I was sent an email letting me know the were interested in interviewing me, I had to send a date and time I coud do it, when I got there I was shocked. It was a group interview I had did for the first time. I hated it, you have to really sale yourself and be upfront and aggressive for the job. I had peopole answering over me and was not at ease when I left. I knew I would not get a job offer. Basically bad

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Calgary, AB (Canada)

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in April 2011.

I first got a call from the manager about 3 days after I applied online. When I was at the interview, we started off with a set of very basic questions. Nothing out of the ordinary. After the questions, the manager asked me to go inside of the store and pick a couple of outfits that reflected my personality. I then explained the outfits to him and related them to myself. Afterwards, we had a sort of role playing activity in which the manager was a customer and I was a sales associate. When these two activities were done, he very politely explained my flaws and gave me wonderful suggestions on how to improve my approach to customers. Since this was my very first time applying for a job in the retail environment, I learned a lot about this field. The manager was very polite and professional.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a current fashion trend in which you are interested.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap in July 2012.

I applied online a few days later they called a scheduled an interview. They ask a few questions like, how do you keep up with the latest trends, what is gap most known for, etc. Then you pick out two outfits one dressy and one casual, you explain it to the manager and they ask you how would you change it for work or a bigger person. After that you act like you're working there and the manager pretends to be customer looking for some thing to wear and you help them. After that he said theyll call back for another interview and never did.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bartlesville, OK

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in May 2009.

Filled out an application and was phoned to set up a face-to-face interview within the week. Interview was conducted on sales floor, which I thought was very strange and somewhat unprofessional. Interviewer was an assistant manager who looked like he couldn't care less about his job, automatic turn-off, didn't want to work there anymore

Interview Questions
    • "Why do you think you will be good at working in the clothing industry"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wichita, KS

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in August 2010.

You can apply in person or on the internet. The interview process is usually in a group and the expected outlook is to be customer-oriented, and have an appreciation for the clothing/retail industry.

Not really negotiable, but usually you will be given base pay at $9.50/hr

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in October 2013.

Group interview followed by 1 on 1. Interviewed by manager for the department applied for. Basic questions about retail experience, customer service skills and why you want to work for the company

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. The call was confusing because she asked me about my availability and even though I told her she was still confused on the hours that I could work. When it was time for the interview, she asked a lot of the basic questions. This was my 1st ever interview and I was kind of surprised when she made me go out on the floor and pretend to help people out. After the interview was done, she said that she would call the next day, but never did.

Interview Questions
    • Either having to go out on the floor or what was the worst type of customer service you've had?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6+ monthsinterviewed at The Gap in August 2010.

Applied online, and took about half a year to received a call in for an interview. When you come in for your initial first contact interview you meet with the lead manager and you have a 1 on 1 interview with them. These questions are mostly behavioral questions and also about your past experiences and your goals. Then for the second interview, you will be paired with someone else and asked team orientated interviews. Then at the end of the second interview you will receive an offer.

Interview Questions
    You write how much you expect to be paid on a piece of paper, and the manager also writes you an offer on a piece of paper.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap.

I had to keep calling and finally when one of the managers that I needed picked up the phone I was scheduled for an interview at that time. I went in and had a typical interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?
      Describe your sense of style?
      Who influences your style?
      What qualities can you bring to the Gap?
      Why should we hire you?