The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Oct 26, 2014

2.2

278 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I was EXTREMELY early. The interview was like a big conversation. Asked what did customer service mean to us & how do we keep up with trends & why did we wore what we did

Interview Questions
  • What's the difference between customer service & selling.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Sales Associate Interview

I didn't have an interview because I did an internship there and they hired me during the holidays. Which was pretty easy and I'm still employed at Old Navy. Though wish they can give out more work opportunities.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

Interview process was really fun ! The manager or the person that's hiring you gives you a scenario dealing with what to wear. Then you would get 10 mins to pick out the perfect outfit. Afterwards, you would sit down with the person that is hiring you and they'll do the run down of basic questions.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in October 2012.

I applied online as a sales associate. About 2 months later, I got a call to ask to come in for a group job interview. I dressed in black slacks and a nice top, not too business...more casual. The job interview consisted of the interviewer and two other potential hires. The interviewer would ask a question and then go down the line and we would all give our responses. At the end of the interview, she told us that she would call us if we got the job.

Interview Questions
    • What was your biggest challenge dealing with customer service and how did you solve the problem?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

Applied online, two days later got an email to come in and do a group interview. There was me and a few other girls. Manger was super friendly and engaging. It felt like I was just meeting some new people, as it was pretty stress free. I tried to be outgoing and that appeared to be key. The quieter girls did not get hired. Got a call few days later and they offered me a position.

Interview Questions
    • Explain how your worked through a difficult situation at work.   Answer Question
    Offered far above minimum wage, no negotiation from me.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

Iinteriew with 5 other people, sat in a room, did an ie breaker. Interviewer asked basic questions such as explain an experience you had with a customer, why do you want to work a tGAP, what are two things a sales associate should have.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied at a job fair and online. Group interview with 5 people. Interviewer was very friendly and put us at ease. We pulled 2 different looks, one to describe us and another to wear in fall/winter. After explaining the looks we were asked a few questions. Overall it was good and dare I say fun?

Interview Questions
    • Do you value personal or team goals more and why?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

As soon as I was submitting the job application they asked me if I had time for an interview, right there and then. The interview lasted like around an hour and mainly questions about customer service. A week after they called to offer the job.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult was to demonstrate that even though I didn't have experience in a retail store I knew about customer service.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

Apply when a big holiday is coming up because you almost guarantee to get the job, about 1-5 days they will call you to set up an interview with one of the managers there. They will ask you simple questions like why you wanna work there, your previous employers why you left, your hobbies etc. Also they will go over the policies they have. If you get the job job then you are required to watch some videos thats probably like 3 hours long, good thing about that is that you still get paid for watching them

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Flatbush, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Regular retail questions. You apply online and they will call you. It is easy. Just dont be nervous. Sometimes it is group interview sometimes they are one on one interview.

No negotiation.