The Gap

Updated Feb 27, 2015
Updated Feb 27, 2015

2.1

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

It was quite easy, but hard at the same time depending on the questions I was asked. Think a lot about what you are wearing, your favourite item of clothing, etc. Won't hear back for a week or so whether i've got it or not.

Interview Questions
  • Who is your style icon? What is your favourite item of clothing and why? What could you bring to our store? What did you learn from your previous job? why did you leave your previous job? They didn't ask that many personal questions. I had a phone interview before the one on one interview, where they asked about my availability, skills, if the hours of the contract suited me etc. The manager also asked me if I had any questions so it would be a good idea if you have a few questions prepared. I asked what it was like to work in Gap and he said he loved it but there are good days and bad days. Great experience overall. I havent yet been offered employment as the interview was only yesterday however I have to chose if I did.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Required an application submitted online. It was straightforward and easy to fill out with a picture quiz of different situations that may happen on the floor and how you would handle them. Once I submitted that, I was asked to come in for a group interview with other candidates. Once I passed that step, I met with the General Manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

I submitted an application online, and the store manager called me to schedule an interview eight days later. They tend to do group interviews here, but I received a one on one interview with him. He asked me a few questions about my perception of Gap and my own interests in clothing. After that, I prepared a few questions of my own to ask him. We talked for roughly half an hour, and it honestly just felt like a friendly, easygoing conversation. He called me within two days with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate the hourly pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

I applies online and the process took about 1 week. I went in and was offered a position that same day. I had NO previous retail experience and was offered 8.50/hour but the manager increased it to $8.75/hr. Everyone there is super nice and willing to teach one another and help out whenever we can. Fast paced environment but worth it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corte Madera, CA

I applied online. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

Applied online, recieved an email a few days later, came in for a super easy and quick one on one conversation and was offered a job! Very casual interview. Dress similar to the store Gap itself, but it is up to you. Interview is like a conversation, they want to get to know your personality more than anything else.

Interview Questions
    • What is one of the best and one of the worst experiences youve had with customer service?   View Answer
    • How do you keep up with fashion trends?   View Answer

Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Beverly Hills, CA

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

I applied online and was contacted roughly 3 weeks later. It was a group interview with 3 other candidates. We were each given time to answer the questions and at the end he told us he would contact us.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?

What does the Gap style mean to you?

What would your previous coworkers say are your strengths and weaknesses?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in February 2015.

I applied through a career center which is where you have your pre screening. And if the career center recruiter feels your a great fit you get a paper with the info on when to meet with a gap manager and be held an interview. Once I met with the gap manager she said she would call back no later than a tuesday by 3pm. She got back to me and discussed on having an 2nd interview. I went for the second group interview with the gap manager and two other managers. Then after that wanted to see everyone individually and when it got to my turn they asked a few more questions and then in the end by giving me the job on the spot.

Interview Questions
    what they offered me was great. =)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online on the Gap hiring website website. One of the managers called me about a week (maybe less) later. The manager gave me a description of the sales associate position but did not ask too many questions for me to consider it a phone interview. She asked me to come in for a one on one later that week. Very laid back.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you faced something difficult and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online, received a call about a week later, went in for a group interview the following week, received a phone call a few days later notifying me of employment.

Interview Questions
    • Pretty basic interview questions - tell me about yourself, why do you want to work for The Gap, tell me a time you had a conflict with an employee/customer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

I was contacted for an interview almost immediately after filling out the application online. We walked over to the food court - it was very casual. The manager and a manager-in-training both interviewed me. Mostly the questions were based about my experience at previous retail positions. Nothing caught me off guard, or no question was too difficult to ask. If you're friendly and enjoy a retail position - you will do fine.

Interview Questions
    • What was your worst experience with a customer?   View Answer