The Gap

Updated Dec 2, 2014

2.2

287 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in November 2014.

apply it online , about after 2 weeks they called me and asked for an interview .
The manager was so nice , he told me he does short interviews . He only asked me two question , Why did yo choose gap , and tell me about your previous job . Pretty straight forward .
After the interview he said he doesnt see why he wouldn't be callig me , an im exactly what they need .
i Got a call the next day and offered me a job !!
overall it was easy and the manager made me feel really relaxing .

offer 11.29 per hour

Im still waitin for m SIN card . They told me they would wait for me . sooo .....
its good

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

First you complete the online application and then depending on that you receive a call back. Mine was in a couple of days, quick phone interview, one-on-one in store interview, which involved you selling an item to the interview manager. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • None. Glassdoor helped a lot, they really just want to see who you are personality wise, don't be so uptight.   Answer Question
    9.50/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Gap in November 2014.

I placed an online application and got a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview process was very short and to the point. They were hiring for the holiday season so the questions were a lot about availability. After the interview I got another call the next day about coming in for employee training because I got the job!

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

The hiring process was fairly easy. I applied and they called me the following day to schedule a interview. It was a group interview so it was easy to do role play and they just asked the basics such as what are your plans for the future? What do you know about The Gap?

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty easy, nothing out of the ordinary pertaining to retail.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tokyo (Japan)

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in November 2013.

The whole process took about 2 weeks. I applied online and I got a phone call a week later. She asked me to come in at the store for an interview. The interview was about 30 minutes. Simple questions like why Banana Republic? Previous experience in interacting with customers. What magazines I read and why. Since there are many store locations, she asked me why I chose this one. It would be good to understand the area that the store is in and what kind of customers they interact with. She then handed me a form to fill out on my available schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. If anything, she asked me what's Banana Republic's competitive advantage?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap in March 2013.

The manager of the store called me for an interview about one month after applying online. I scheduled the interview, went in a few days later—it was one on one with one of the store managers. It was incredibly easy and mostly talked about availability and a few basic questions. I was then scheduled for a second group interview. This one had a bit more detailed questions including what I would do in certain scenarios with customers or what is a challenge I came across and how did I solve it.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if you found out another employee has been stealing?   Answer Question
    It was my first job ever, literally had no experience beforehand, and they offered me a starting $9.21/hr which I thought was pretty reasonable considering I had been 16 at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in May 2012.

Pretty easy and straight-forward. Applied online and dropped off my resume - checked back in person with them every week or two to follow-up (took a while.) Called in for an interview. Went through resume, asked about leadership experience, etc. Then asked questions about fashion/customer service. Went to storefront, told to look around and put an outfit together. Then asked what I would match with a navy skirt they were selling at the time.

Sales Associate Interview

The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

The interview was in a group with two other people. Dress attire was laid back, there were no requirements so I'd just dress as if I were working at The Gap currently. Everything was pretty chill, they placed us in the back, past the dressing rooms in these individual rooms surrounded by inventory boxes. "Just be yourself" is as much advice as I can give, just be natural. They'll ask about previous situations, and about yourself later on in the individual portion. I was told they'd call within the week, but don't sweat it.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in October 2014.

I was EXTREMELY early. The interview was like a big conversation. Asked what did customer service mean to us & how do we keep up with trends & why did we wore what we did

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between customer service & selling.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I didn't have an interview because I did an internship there and they hired me during the holidays. Which was pretty easy and I'm still employed at Old Navy. Though wish they can give out more work opportunities.