The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Apr 15, 2015
Updated Apr 15, 2015

2.1

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap (Bellingham, MA) in August 2011.

Interview

They were trying a new process out on me, so it was an interesting experience. Besides the normal interview questions, I had to go out into the store and actually act like I was helping a customer pick out an outfit for an event that they were going to that night. I was given a little time to be able to go through the store and pick out a couple options for the 'customer' and then present them and explain why I picked each piece. It really was unexpected but made the interview a lot more comfortable for me since I'm a 'hands-on' person.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Gap (Texas City, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Interview was very fast and smooth, got brought back to the break room and the interviewer simply asked about myself, my previous job experience and my expected hours and pay; really simple and easy interview!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap (San Jose, CA) in March 2015.

Interview

I applied online back in the beginning of January and got a super unexpected call in the middle of March. I guess it had to do with the hiring process, because I was told they were hiring a lot of people now. The interview was very laid back but went very well, felt just like a conversation and not an interview. I was interviewed in the middle of the store so I was expecting to be pulling items off the rack for an outfit. It barely lasted about seven minutes but by the end of it I think she had already made her decision, felt pretty good about it. Got a call back on Friday (interview was on Monday). They are looking for "energetic, friendly, smiling people" so just be yourself!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Gap (New York, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

I had two interview with GAP. My first interview with GAP is with the store that they got back to me about 2 days after I applied. I had the interview the next 2 days. There are the store manager and the Assistant manager interview me. They are very friendly and relax. They ask me some basic question and ask me to pick out the outfit and convince their to buy. I didn't get the job the first time. My second GAP at another location, this is one-one interview. She also very friendly and relax. She asked a few questions like the first interview. Both oF the interview is conservations. At the end of the interview. She said she will give her decision to the new manager ( because she move to another location) . After a week, I received the call to offer the job and ask if I can come to the Orientation on Sunday. I so excited to start working there

Interview Questions

• What is your availability?
      How you deal with difficult customers?
      "What if..." Questions
      Pick out an outfit

Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap (Toronto, ON (Canada)) in August 2012.

Interview

Applied online and got a call the next day. It was a group interview with 6 applicants. You have to standout and answer almost every questions. Your selling skills will also be tested.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Gap (Charlotte, NC) in May 2014.

Interview

Well I applied online, about a few days went by and I got a call asking if I was interested in interviewing. I had to go to an old navy to interview, our store was being built. I walked up to a few people standing outside the store (group interview) and little did I know 2 of them were the manager and the GM. They were so friendly! We went to the back and sat down, we went around and had to give our background and more about ourselves and stand up and share about our outfit and how it goes with our personality. We did a few generic questions and at the end we had to sale them a pink box to one of them. You had to think on your feet but it was really funny and a great way to end the interview. The same day I got a call to offer me the job.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you and another coworker had a conflict with each other?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap (Palo Alto, CA) in December 2011.

Interview

Group interview. I wax in a group of 7 people. The interviewer asked us all a variety of different questions. From there, about half were selected to attend the next level of interview questions. This process was individual.

Interview Questions

• What was the worst customer service experience you ever had?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pay negotiations were poor.

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap (Westwood, NJ) in January 2011.

Interview

It was very good I had one interview the manager was very nice she asked me some questions about what I enjoy doing to see if it would make sense for me to work there because I had no work experience at the time. Later on I received a call requesting if I would like to take the job and that was that.

Interview Questions

• If I enjoyed talking to people.   1 Answer

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Gap (Sheffield, England (UK)) in October 2014.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call for an interview a few weeks later and asked to come in. I was the first one they interviewed so I would recommend getting the first time slot they have. I was asked the standard interview questions, eg. What are your weaknesses? What do you know about GAP? How do you stay up to date with the latest fashions?
    Later on in the interview, I was asked "How would you sell this to a customer?". I had a scarf in my bag and asked if I could use it as a prop. They like very interactive, chatty people as customer is always first at GAP. Working at GAP, we were always asking people if they needed any help so try to be interactive like that.

Got a call back a week later and was offered a job and started my induction the next day!

Sales Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap (Arlington, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

It was fast and easy just be yourself. We talked about everything I made up different outfits and got the job and I started the next day and it was good.