The Gap

Updated Jan 20, 2015

2.1

293 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

After an initial meet with the the head hiring manager, myself and one other potential hire sat down with a different hiring manager at a nearby cafe. It was very laid back and put me at ease. We discussed our qualifications, what the job would entail and were asked to explain how we might react in different hypothetical situations.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person – interviewed at The Gap in June 2011.

The hiring process was straight forward. I walk-in to apply and met with the store manager who scheduled a time for me to come back and interview. I spoke to two managers and came back for another interview, my third and final. I was accepted as a sales associate for a summer position.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap.

Easy and straight forward. Basic questions. Not very personal. Didn't care about personality just availability. They were looking for holiday help. Didn't tell me I was seasonal. Was let go but invited to come back in the summer. Pretty disappointing in general. I will not go back.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

I applied online and they called me a few days later to schedule an interview. The interview was with one of the managers, and it was very simple: he took me into their break room, asked me about my reasoning for wanting to work with the brand. He then asked me to describe my personal style, talk about my experiences with people, and asked me about availability. He told me on the spot that I was hired and that he would be calling me soon to set up a day for training and orientation. It very casual, easy, and simple!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in October 2011.

I went online and did my application a few days later I got a call back. The questions were how good at you with customers and how well can you sell the gap credit card. The company wants you to sell the credit card more than clothes so if you know all the benefits of the gap card and talk about the gap card like you live for it you have the job in the bag since that's what truly gets the mangers to bonus

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer said no to the gap card   View Answer
    It was set in stone they have a set of

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online. Took a few weeks for them to contact me. The interview is not a simple "sit and talk." They interviewed me and another candidate at the same time out in the middle of the store. Asked us the basic questions like "what can you contribute, how does your personality fit in, why Gap, how do you reactin so and so situation?" Then they made us pick out an outfit and "sell" it to them. They were very friendly, but it was kind of awkward just standing there for like 10 minutes while customers were walking around.

Interview Questions
    • How can you represent Gap's goal of a family friendly enviornment to the customer?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ottawa, ON (Canada)

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in November 2014.

apply it online , about after 2 weeks they called me and asked for an interview .
    The manager was so nice , he told me he does short interviews . He only asked me two question , Why did yo choose gap , and tell me about your previous job . Pretty straight forward .
    After the interview he said he doesnt see why he wouldn't be callig me , an im exactly what they need .
    i Got a call the next day and offered me a job !!
    overall it was easy and the manager made me feel really relaxing .

offer 11.29 per hour

Im still waitin for m SIN card . They told me they would wait for me . sooo .....
    its good

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

First you complete the online application and then depending on that you receive a call back. Mine was in a couple of days, quick phone interview, one-on-one in store interview, which involved you selling an item to the interview manager. Pretty easy.

Interview Questions
    • None. Glassdoor helped a lot, they really just want to see who you are personality wise, don't be so uptight.   Answer Question
    9.50/hr

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tilton, NH

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Gap in November 2014.

I placed an online application and got a call two days later asking me to come in for an interview. The interview process was very short and to the point. They were hiring for the holiday season so the questions were a lot about availability. After the interview I got another call the next day about coming in for employee training because I got the job!

Interview Questions
    There was no negotiation.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

The hiring process was fairly easy. I applied and they called me the following day to schedule a interview. It was a group interview so it was easy to do role play and they just asked the basics such as what are your plans for the future? What do you know about The Gap?

Interview Questions
    • All the questions were pretty easy, nothing out of the ordinary pertaining to retail.   Answer Question
    No Negotiation