The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

267 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in January 2013.

applied online got a phone call and group interview in the same week. About ten people there. Very friendly environment. Not intimidating at all. Depending on the hiring manager, the process is fairly simple.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

Went in the store for introduction then applied online. I had an one on one interview with the manager and the interview questions were pretty standard. Mostly about previous work experience and how I would handle difficult situations. However, I didn't find the manager to be very professional. Main reason why I declined the offer. Totally agree with some other comments, the management could be a hit or miss.

I didn't want to work for that particular manager.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Gap.

I had to keep calling and finally when one of the managers that I needed picked up the phone I was scheduled for an interview at that time. I went in and had a typical interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?
      Describe your sense of style?
      Who influences your style?
      What qualities can you bring to the Gap?
      Why should we hire you?
        Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

I applied online and got a call from the store one month later. I went in for an interview that day. The associates who were working seemed nice enough. Overall low-key environment. My interviewer (the hiring manager for the store) was dressed fairly casually, in a Gap maxi dress. In this particular store the interview was very informal and friendly.

Interview Questions
    • There were few questions and all of them were very easy. Availability, previous retail experience, "Why do you want to work here?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greenville, SC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

interviewed at The Gap in May 2010.

Quick interview, be very nice and be clean, stylish. It is a one round interview. expect to know you got the job before you leave the interview. Just be personable. Be yourself. They are not looking to hire rocket scientists.

Interview Questions
    • nothing unexpected, but before you go into the interview, be sure to think of 'a time you were persuasive' have it on your mind.   Answer Question
    you have about 50 cents worth of wiggle room from whatever they offer.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Gap in July 2010.

The proceess was easy. 1st group interview, 2nd interview and a questonare on line with questions around service, loss prevention. Base on las experirnce. after the system aprove your submited questionare, store leadership call you to make you ana appointment to an interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Atlanta, GA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap in March 2013.

I applied online and was contacted by one of the store managers by phone. We chatted briefly about the brand and my experiences in the retail industry. At the time, I lived an hour away, and was searching for an apartment in the city. They were very open to scheduling my group interview at my convenience. I had my group interview with 3 other girls. We were given a card with a customer description and had to style an outfit based on the customer profile. We then had a fairly laid back group discussion regarding the customer we "helped". Then we discussed our experiences and the manager asked us basic questions about the company. My second interview was with the senior general manager. I was prepared to have a formal interview, but it was really relaxed. She asked me several questions about customer service and selling tactics. She then asked me when I could start and we discussed pay (which was non-negotiable). I was confident I had already gotten the job, because I talked with my first interviewer, whom stated that if you make it to the second interview, you're pretty much guaranteed a job. I got a call within a couple of days with an official job offer.

No negotiation in pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Louisville, KY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in August 2012.

First, there is an online application. You can apply through a resume and cover letter submission, and answer various questions. It's simple and the interface is easy.

What I did was also go to the store I wanted to be hired in (with proper business attire) and hand a physical copy to the LOD (Leader On Duty or Manager). The next day, I got a call for an interview, and I met with them a few days later. It was literally a one-on-one interview with the General Manager of the store, and she was awesome. This was at my Louisville store in 2012. It was very laid back and simple.

I received an offer the next day and was hired. The training process was also very simple.

I was told my amount per hour and I was also told there was no negotiating it. I was okay with the amount, albeit a bit low.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Edinburgh, IN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edinburgh, IN

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in March 2012.

Hiring was a breeze. The manager asked how I worked with other people, what motivates me, and evaluated my strengths and, of course, my weaknesses. She was caring and genuinly interested in what I was saying. They aren't looking for perfect, written and practiced answers, but for flaw because Gap loves hiring real people that they think are personable and will show success.

Interview Questions
    Very straight forward and to the point.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap.

I was taken to the back room by the hiring manager and was asked about my experience and very easy questions such as "What is an example of great customer service?". Several employees walked in during in the interview which was very distracting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you worked with a team and was successful? And why.   Answer Question

The location was too far from my house and school, and just not worth the amount of gas I would be paying each week.