The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

2.2

274 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online and received a call a few weeks later. That week, I went in for an interview and was hired that day. I spoke with two managers, who asked several questions regarding my previous work experience and my strengths/weaknesses. The questions were pretty normal, and at the end, I was given a job offer.

Interview Questions
I didn't negotiate - I took the wage they offered.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

I was in a group interview with six other people and the hiring manager. She asked a lot of typical interview questions that were listed in the other posts. The interview consisted of the manager asking questions, and whoever wanted to contribute would contribute. Everyone had an equal chance to answer each question. There was only one question that everyone had to answer, which was why we chose The Gap.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the interview, the manager told us to go out into the sales floor and create an outfit for a specific scenario.   Answer Question
    It was my first job, and I am content with the salary, so I did not try to negotiate.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

It took them about a month to get back to me. I applied online. The interview process was with the manager and one other worker. I interviewed with another person. The questions were pretty much easy common questions. I made sure I knew knowledge of a gap and how i would describe myself.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was: How would you describe your style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online and called store. Lady asked for my availability and asked me to tell about myself and that she will give me a call in about a week or so

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

They called me around a week after I submitted my application asking for a phone interview. It was basic questions but also questions about what style magazines do you read? What is your favorite trend during different seasons, etc.

Interview Questions
    • They asked if you would be able to sell a Gap Card and seeing as I didn't really know what that entailed it was difficult to answer but all the questions were pretty basic.   Answer Question
    They start you off around 8.00 but I was able to negotiate higher. Pretty chill and were willing to work with you.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

Was called in for a group interview. When I got there, there for 4 other people. The interview was held in a pretty noisy area of the mall, so it was a little difficult to concentrate. the interview lasted about an hour and the hiring manager said he'd call us if they wanted a second interview. I got called later that same night to come in the next day for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between customer service and sales?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when someone rejected what you were trying to sell them.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a customer & make a connection with them?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable selling the Gap Card?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

I applied online at the website. About a week later, I got a call to interview the next evening at the store. The first interview was with the assistant manager and another associate. It was very informal, and they all seemed really friendly. Group interview. Questions included why this company, what do you think is the most important skill needed in this position, tell me about a time where you had to work as a team. I got called in for a second interview with another assistant manager. I was asked about availability, about times when I had to deal with a difficult customer, and other stuff. Was told I was going to be contacted a couple days later.

Interview Questions
    • Stand up and try to sell me the outfit you're wearing.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

Applied online a week later got a call to be apart of a group interview. It was 11 people interviewing, it was a tad bit awkward and intimidating. Ask standard question nothing to difficult.

Did not negotiate.

called schedule interveiw

simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap.

You apply online. I waited about a week before I received a call back from Gap. I was then scheduled for a group interview. Apparently they really needed people because we were all hired a few days afterwards. I received a call and the manager offered me a job. I would say that the group interview was not too difficult. She asked us to talk about ourselves, talk about an experience with customer service, and why we wanted to work at Gap. Overall, it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I would say all the questions were pretty basic and to be expected.   Answer Question
    Offered me a wage that worked in my range and offered me hours as well. Very quick and easy.