The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.2

267 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

Applied online a week later got a call to be apart of a group interview. It was 11 people interviewing, it was a tad bit awkward and intimidating. Ask standard question nothing to difficult.

Did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in February 2010.

The interviewing process was okay. Everyone seemed very well put together and was very nice. The management team was very responsive and the staff is always friendly. Overall i received a lot of positive feedback throughout the interview process.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap in June 2014.

I applies for Gap Kids online, and got a call back about 2 1/2 weeks later. My first interview was with the Assistant Manager, myself, and another applicant. She asked us to interview each other for 3 minuets, so definitely look at some interview questions before going in. This interview lasted about 30 minuets. At the end of the interview, the Assistant Manager asked us to come in the next day to have a second interview (mine was one on one with the Manager). The second interview was a lot easier and less nerve-wrecking because it was mostly an overview of the first interview, going over my resume, discussing the job duties, and a few simple questions about availability.

Interview Questions
    • Explain a time where you worked with an authority figure (boss, teacher, etc.) who you didn't get along with, and one who you did get along with.   Answer Question
    I didn't negotiate because the starting pay rate was a lot higher than I expected ($9.75/hr.)
    Note: This job is at Stanford Shopping center so I'm not sure if the pay rate is the same in other locations.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Florence, AL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Florence, AL

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

It took them about a month to get back to me. I applied online. The interview process was with the manager and one other worker. I interviewed with another person. The questions were pretty much easy common questions. I made sure I knew knowledge of a gap and how i would describe myself.

Interview Questions
    • Unexpected question was: How would you describe your style?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

I was in a group interview with six other people and the hiring manager. She asked a lot of typical interview questions that were listed in the other posts. The interview consisted of the manager asking questions, and whoever wanted to contribute would contribute. Everyone had an equal chance to answer each question. There was only one question that everyone had to answer, which was why we chose The Gap.

Interview Questions
    • At the end of the interview, the manager told us to go out into the sales floor and create an outfit for a specific scenario.   Answer Question
    It was my first job, and I am content with the salary, so I did not try to negotiate.

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap.

Easy questions. Just about making decisions. Just keep in mind it's all about making the customer happy and doing the right thing. Sometimes it's a group interview, which is a lot easier. Smile, speak clearly, and relax. Don't kiss a**. They're looking for a hard working and smart employee.

Interview Questions
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   View Answer
    Accept the offer if you have nothing to do.

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online, and I heard back in about a week that they wanted an interview. We set up an appointment and I met with a manager, and they asked me several questions about why I wanted to work there and such and about my availability. I got a call within that week that they wanted to hire me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online and received a call a few weeks later. That week, I went in for an interview and was hired that day. I spoke with two managers, who asked several questions regarding my previous work experience and my strengths/weaknesses. The questions were pretty normal, and at the end, I was given a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I didn't negotiate - I took the wage they offered.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

Was called in for a group interview. When I got there, there for 4 other people. The interview was held in a pretty noisy area of the mall, so it was a little difficult to concentrate. the interview lasted about an hour and the hiring manager said he'd call us if they wanted a second interview. I got called later that same night to come in the next day for a second interview.

Interview Questions
    • What's the difference between customer service and sales?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a time when someone rejected what you were trying to sell them.   Answer Question
    • How would you approach a customer & make a connection with them?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?   Answer Question
    • Are you comfortable selling the Gap Card?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Greensboro, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greensboro, NC

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap.

Applied online and called store. Lady asked for my availability and asked me to tell about myself and that she will give me a call in about a week or so