The Gap

Updated Feb 21, 2015

2.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX
Anonymous Interview Candidate in The Woodlands, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

I applies online and the process took about 1 week. I went in and was offered a position that same day. I had NO previous retail experience and was offered 8.50/hour but the manager increased it to $8.75/hr. Everyone there is super nice and willing to teach one another and help out whenever we can. Fast paced environment but worth it.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Franklin, TN

I applied in-person. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Initially I was interview by the scheduling manager. He asked a few questions about my prior experience. As well as a few situational questions. It was very lax and I wore clothes that would be appropriate for working there. He offered me a hourly wage of $10.

Interview Questions
    • "What would you do?" type of questions such if you see a fellow employee stealing, what the protocol should be.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Pretty generic interview questions that can be prepared beforehand, i.e. greatest strength and weakness, how you deal with difficult situations, etc. I was contacted for an interview and hired within 2 weeks or so.

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

first I did the online application, about 2 weeks later, i got a call to come in for a group interview. I arrived 30 minutes early and looked around the store while the interviewer was getting ready. It was 4 people in total and we were taken to the back room and sat down at a couch. They asked us if we had any job experience, a time where we had to deal with people, and how we would describe our fashion style and who our fashion role model was. And that was it

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time where you had to deal with people or customers   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

Iinteriew with 5 other people, sat in a room, did an ie breaker. Interviewer asked basic questions such as explain an experience you had with a customer, why do you want to work a tGAP, what are two things a sales associate should have.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in August 2014.

I applied online and received a phone call the very next day. The phone call lasted 5-10 minutes, and just went over a couple basic things from a prior retail job I had. Two days later, I was scheduled for an in person interview. That one lasted about an hour, with the same person who did my phone interview. It was very easy and laid back, but it may have helped that I am familiar with the brand, love fashion, and have several years of retail experience. I had to wait for the required background check to go through. Exactly one week after my in person interview, I got a call offering me the job.

Interview Questions
    • How would you sell a pair of jeans that you had never seen or even touched until that moment to a customer who was interested?   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Brooklyn, NY

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

I applied online for The Gap , and the next day I got a call for an interview. The interview was a group interview with at least 20 people, there were three mangers and each one of them asked a question, and everyone took turns answering the question, and they did a little thing where you had to try and remember everyones name in the circle.

Interview Questions
    • There were no difficult questions. When is there a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer? What is a time you made a mistake and how did you fix it? what is one word that describe you?   Answer Question
    no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap.

I had to keep calling and finally when one of the managers that I needed picked up the phone I was scheduled for an interview at that time. I went in and had a typical interview and was hired on the spot.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you want to work for Gap?
      Describe your sense of style?
      Who influences your style?
      What qualities can you bring to the Gap?
      Why should we hire you?

Answer Question
    No negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in July 2014.

I applied online and got a call the next day to set up an interview. The call was confusing because she asked me about my availability and even though I told her she was still confused on the hours that I could work. When it was time for the interview, she asked a lot of the basic questions. This was my 1st ever interview and I was kind of surprised when she made me go out on the floor and pretend to help people out. After the interview was done, she said that she would call the next day, but never did.

Interview Questions
    • Either having to go out on the floor or what was the worst type of customer service you've had?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

I was taken to the back room by the hiring manager and was asked about my experience and very easy questions such as "What is an example of great customer service?". Several employees walked in during in the interview which was very distracting.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time where you worked with a team and was successful? And why.   Answer Question

The location was too far from my house and school, and just not worth the amount of gas I would be paying each week.