The Gap Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 28, 2015
Updated Mar 28, 2015

2.2

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in April 2014.

Applied online a week later got a call to be apart of a group interview. It was 11 people interviewing, it was a tad bit awkward and intimidating. Ask standard question nothing to difficult.

Did not negotiate.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

called schedule interveiw

simple

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Roseville, MN

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap.

You apply online. I waited about a week before I received a call back from Gap. I was then scheduled for a group interview. Apparently they really needed people because we were all hired a few days afterwards. I received a call and the manager offered me a job. I would say that the group interview was not too difficult. She asked us to talk about ourselves, talk about an experience with customer service, and why we wanted to work at Gap. Overall, it was an easy interview process.

Interview Questions
    • I would say all the questions were pretty basic and to be expected.   Answer Question
    Offered me a wage that worked in my range and offered me hours as well. Very quick and easy.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

After completing the online application, which included an assessment, I was contacted by the general manager to schedule an interview. At the interview, she was very prepared and had read my resume, which we discussed. At the end of the interview, she explained that she had roughly twice the number of candidates to interview as she had open positions. I was contacted about a week later and offered the job. Training consisted of filling out the usual paperwork, watching training videos from corporate, assembling outfits in Baby Gap, and trying on jeans to understand cut and fit.

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between customer service and selling?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

Interview process was really fun ! The manager or the person that's hiring you gives you a scenario dealing with what to wear. Then you would get 10 mins to pick out the perfect outfit. Afterwards, you would sit down with the person that is hiring you and they'll do the run down of basic questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap in March 2014.

I submitted an application online, and the store manager called me to schedule an interview eight days later. They tend to do group interviews here, but I received a one on one interview with him. He asked me a few questions about my perception of Gap and my own interests in clothing. After that, I prepared a few questions of my own to ask him. We talked for roughly half an hour, and it honestly just felt like a friendly, easygoing conversation. He called me within two days with a job offer.

Interview Questions
    I did not attempt to negotiate the hourly pay.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Baltimore, MD

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Interview process took about two weeks, filled out application online, was later scheduled for a group interview. The group interview was fairly easy nothing too difficult, normal questions…why gap? previous experience? I received a call back later that week for a final interview with the store manager. At that point I was already hired based on the group interview, I was asked of my availability and received an overview of the company and hourly wage, etc.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing was really difficult, just be confident, especially in a group interview say something to stand out from the rest of the crowd.   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Applying, I believe, is mostly online where you fill out an exceptionally long and thorough questionnaire. Although it is long, I give them props since it gives you a clear idea on what situations you will be encountering. Interview was held in person. Manager asked simple questions on previous work experience, examples of different obstacles/challenges in the store, and how you feel interacting with customers. This is key to selling and overall satisfaction with your job. Trust me.

Interview Questions
    • Why choose GAP over other competitive retailers in the area?   Answer Question

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

I applied online and didn't hear anything for 2 weeks or something. Then I got a call to come in for an interview for the next day, i was heading out of town so I was able to push it back 2 days.

I went in for the interview and was brought into the office and went through the interview. I was asked why the gap? my style, how I keep up with fashion, good customer service vs. bad, similar to what others have posted. I haven't worked in retail for a few years so I thought I did well. My question was how long would the rest of the process take if they were to hire someone today, I was the last interview, and they said "the week after next".

After the interview they said they would call me in a few days either way since they have to complete the rest of the process. It's been almost 3 weeks now since the interview.........

Interview Questions
    • Difference between good and great customer service. (wasn't that difficult but it through me off for a second trying to figure out how to word it)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Edina, MN

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Gap in December 2013.

The interview was taken in a group of four, interviewing for a seasonal position of sales associate. the group was asked questions about previous work experience as well as how to handle potential situations one might encounter through out the work day. the interviewing party was very helpful in communicating the type of responses and employees they were looking for. at the end of the interview we were told that we would get a call back in a few days which we did and they discussed availability and set up a time to come in and sign paperwork and begin orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What was one thing that your previous employer wanted you to do differently?   Answer Question