The Gap

2.2

288 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied in-person. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Gap.

Very nice interview done by first a sales lead but it was more like a screening interview to get a feel of my personality then another more serious interview by another sales lead followed by a last interview by a customer experience manager. Basic questions about who you are, what your planning to do if you were to get hired and your availability. For me the hiring process was pretty fast I was had two interviews one each day and was hired on the third.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsdale, San Mateo, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hillsdale, San Mateo, CA

I applied online – interviewed at The Gap.

It wasn't as scary as i thought it was going to be. The first interview is done in a group, essentially they want to see if you will stand out with that group, how you contribute to the group and overall how you work in groups. The manager hosting the interview will bring out certain topics like what do you like about the company, why do you think your a good fit, where do you see yourself in 5 years..etc. If you make it past the first interview, you will than be asked to come back for the second interview which will be with the main manager. This will be a one-on-one interview that will cover pretty much what was covered in the first interview, but will focus more on yourself, your availability, your goals and your strengths and weaknesses.

Interview Questions
    • you get about 5 minutes to put different women outfits together for different occasions, and than explain why you chose them.   View Answer
    it was simple, when they called me after to offer me the job they told me the salary they offered, and i accepted.

Sales Associate Interview

mostly group interview with around 6-8 people. mainly basic questions such as rude customer scenarios etc.

no negotion available

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Gap in September 2013.

Applied online. 3 or 4 weeks later I get a call saying come in for an interview. It wasn't a group interview (thank God.) It didn't even feel like an interview. Very relaxed; felt as if I was talking to an old friend. The only question I was asked was "why do you want to work here." After that it was easy sailing. Started talking about the traffic. THE TRAFFIC! Was called back an hour after my first interview to come in for a second interview a few days later. Same routine. One question then laid back conversation. Called that Monday and offered me the position.

Interview Questions
    Not really. I got what I asked for.

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in September 2013.

The online application was very long and took at least 2 hours. After submitting the online application I was called in for an interview that lasted less than 20 minutes. I was hired immediately and began working the next day.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked why I wanted a part time job even though I was already employed somewhere else.   View Answer
    I didn't have the opportunity to negotiate a price.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

Very swiftly. We had a group interview outside in the cold but the hiring manager was really fun, definitely helped calming everyone's nerves. Only 3 or 4 questions job related. When the interview was over we met the General Manager. After that, it probably took around 2 weeks to receive a call, once I received the call it only took a couple of days and I started working.

Interview Questions
    • Have you seen a friend or coworker taking money or any property from previous employers? What did you do or what would've you done?   View Answer
    • If someone comes to you saying they lost their luggage at the airport and need an outfit for tonight; How would you dress that person?   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

The interviewer asked me a few questions about myself before asking me to make an outfit and then transition it from day to night with a five item minimum. The call back interview with the general manager was basically the same questions.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Gap in August 2013.

I had a friend who works at Gap that told me they were hiring. He told one of the managers that he had a friend that was interested in getting a job. I was told to call in to set up an on the ground interview. Was also told that although I already had a interview, I needed to also apply online as a formality. Showed up for an interview that lasted maybe 20 minutes. Very friendly interview.

Interview Questions
    • Was honestly a pretty easy interview. All the questions were behavioral. The most difficult one was what would you do if there was a customer that was angry.   View Answer

Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in August 2013.

The interview process was fairly long but good. The videos actually help to make the employee excited to be working there. Overall a solid process.

Interview Questions
    There really was no negotiation

Sales Associate Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Gap.

The interview was very laid back and basic. I got hired on the spot and I started working within two weeks after orientation.

Interview Questions
    • What's the most challenging thing you've had to deal with at work or school?   Answer Question