The Gap

www.gap.com

The Gap Interview Questions in San Jose, CA

3 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap.

I applied for this position online and received a callback the following week. It was a group interview with 5 other people. We went into the backroom and the interviewer sat us all down. She introduced herself to us, stated how long she has been working there, her position, and what working there is like. She told us the process would be that she would ask a question, and anyone could answer. She didn't expect every one of us to answer, and that was my problem. Others would answer before me, and before I could get a chance she would say something and then move on to the next question. After the questions, she asked if we had any questions. One asked what it was like to work there, and what the customers were like. Most of the interview was the interviewer talking and describing the company, the type of work and environment, the type of people, and such and such. After the questions, she paired us up into 3 groups and we each had to build an outfit for a specific occasion. Me and my partner created an semi-formal dinner for a man, and the two other groups did semi-formal for a woman and a toddler. After, we had to present our outfit. My knowledge from watching What Not to Wear and my own personal opinions helped. Unfortunately, I didn't get a callback. I made the mistake of not answering many of the questions, and this resulted in my failure. Be sure to answer as many questions as possible, go first if you have to, and be presentable and fun.

Interview Questions
    • Why Gap?

What makes a good employee?

Are you able to work in alert environments?

Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Gap.

Mainly asked situational and personality questions - just as your average sales position interview.
    - Name a time where you had to lead a team
    - Name a time where you had to work in a team
    - What qualities do you possess that will help you in this job?

Interview Questions
    • If you knew that another sales associate was stealing, what would you do about it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Gap in July 2009.

one interview