The Gap

Average Difficulty
3 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – I applied for this position online and received a callback the following week. It was a group interview with 5 other people. We went into the backroom and the interviewer sat us all down. She introduced herself to us, stated how long she has been working there, her position, and what working there is like. She told us the process would be that she would ask a question, and anyone could answer. She didn't expect every one of us to answer, and that was my problem. Others would answer before me, and before I could get a chance she would say something and then move on to the next question. After the questions, she asked if we had any questions. One asked what it was like to work there, and what the customers were like. Most of the interview was the interviewer talking and describing the company, the type of work and environment, the type of people, and such and such. After the questions, she paired us up into 3 groups and we each had to build an outfit for a specific occasion. Me and my partner created an semi-formal dinner for a man, and the two other groups did semi-formal for a woman and a toddler. After, we had to present our outfit. My knowledge from watching What Not to Wear and my own personal opinions helped. Unfortunately, I didn't get a callback. I made the mistake of not answering many of the questions, and this resulted in my failure. Be sure to answer as many questions as possible, go first if you have to, and be presentable and fun.

Interview Question – Why Gap?

What makes a good employee?

Are you able to work in alert environments?
  Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – Mainly asked situational and personality questions - just as your average sales position interview.
- Name a time where you had to lead a team
- Name a time where you had to work in a team
- What qualities do you possess that will help you in this job?

Interview Question – If you knew that another sales associate was stealing, what would you do about it?   Answer Question

San Jose, CA

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in July 2009.

Interview Details – one interview

Interview Question – how to handle difficult customers   Answer Question

Reason for Declining – low pay

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Gap interview questions and advice in San Jose, CA. All 3 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Gap employees and interview candidates.