The Gap

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all interviews

Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Clara, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Gap in November 2011.

I applied to Gap Brand through their online application along with a reference from a couple friends who were working there at the time. I got a call a few days later because it was a few weeks before Black Friday. My interview was one on one with one of the store managers and he asked me a few simple questions (What was your favorite/worst job & why? Who was your favorite/least favorite boss & why? Why Gap? etc.) and told me I was hired, and proceeded to ask me in which department I wanted to work in (I was not put into this department until many months later). I had to get a work permit signed and returned to my school because it was required and my store manager was very quick about this process. Overall, my manager was kind and wasn't intimidating, the interview was comfortable and we seemed to click well.

Interview Questions
    I did not negotiate because the starting pay was $9.50/hour and I was very happy that I didn't start at minimum wage.