The Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions & Reviews

1.8

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Coconut Grove, FL
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coconut Grove, FL

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Gap in November 2011.

Group panel with about 8-9 others and the manager asks you questions about why you chose working for Gap, what do you like best about the clothes. It's a first come first serve answer approach but it was best if you showed immediate interest in answering instead of being the last and let everyone else answer before you.

Interview Questions
  • Giving a good sales pitch for advertising what you were wearing in the interview.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I interviewed online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gap in November 2013.

Great environment. They try to make it as friendly as possible. Confidence is the key. Just questions about why did you choose the company and basic questions about who you are.

Interview Questions
    Didn't need to negotiate. Pay wasn't that bad for a sales associate job.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Submitted application about two days later I received a call for the interview. Questions were not hard just seemed like a conversation.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

I got a call shortly after applying asking if I was interested in an interview at the location. The interview turned out to be a small group interview, and the mood was very relaxed. The hiring manager was young and could easily relate to the applicants (all less than 25 y/o). The questions were pretty straightforward...generally what I expected. Emphasized my proven ability to be a team player based on participation in sports. Was also careful to smile for the majority of the interview - I think that really helped based on the orientation videos that repeatedly tell you to smile! Overall it was an easy interview - everyone there was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising:
      Give me an example of a recent occasion where you received great customer service (name the store, what happened, did you report it?).
      Give me an example of a recent occasion where you received poor customer service (name the store, what happened, did you report it?).
      What do you do if you have a problem with another team member?
      What do you do if you realize you made a mistake?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in October 2013.

It was a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to sell a item of clothing that you were wearing.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee  in  Costa Mesa, CA
    Anonymous Employee in Costa Mesa, CA

I interviewed online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap in October 2012.

I applied online. The interview was very casual and the questions were very straightforward.

Anonymous Employee  in  Troutdale, OR
    Anonymous Employee in Troutdale, OR

I interviewed online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in October 2013.

Received a phone call from Emily, then was given a scheduled group interview the following week. There were 6 others we were asked why were here and in a group interview you all take turns answering, its interesting what some some people say at interviews:0
    After the question within the group we were individually taken aside to play a scenario and try to sell a credit card, also asked to go pick out an outfit for a 11 year old. I am 28 and was probably the oldest one there it felt more for teens.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple
      why gap
      what's your favorite season
      whats exceptional customer service
      how do you keep up to date on fashion
      why did you choose this attire today
        View Answer

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online then received a phone call from a hiring manager the next day. I was then asked to come in for a group interview later that week.

The interview process was slightly different from reviews I have previously read. On the day of my group interview, only a handful of prospective employees were present, which made for a more intimate and personable group interview process. Our hiring manager informed us that the group interview process may be a little rough, as corporate was instituting changes to the interview process (I believe it was new questions, and additional background information on the company, its culture, and community work).

At the conclusion of our group interview, our hiring manager informed us that they were satisfied with our group interview to the extent that we may forgo the follow-up interview pending a background check. I received an offer for employment the next day.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Gap in September 2013.

applied on Saturday 10/5/2013 received a call on Monday 10/7/2013 a short phone interview...questions asked were " how do i accept feedback" and " tell me about a difficult scenario"

Anonymous Employee  in  North Dartmouth, MA
    Anonymous Employee in North Dartmouth, MA

I interviewed online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Gap in October 2013.

Got a call the day after I applied and went in to the interview the day later. Interview was very generic and short, took fifteen minutes. Manager said she'd call me next week regarding her decision. When I went home and checked my email, already had a rejection email. When I checked the time, it was ten minutes after my interview had ended.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!