The Gap Seasonal Sales Associate Interview Questions

Updated Aug 19, 2014

1.8

21 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap.

Submitted application about two days later I received a call for the interview. Questions were not hard just seemed like a conversation.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Carlsbad, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Carlsbad, CA

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

I got a call shortly after applying asking if I was interested in an interview at the location. The interview turned out to be a small group interview, and the mood was very relaxed. The hiring manager was young and could easily relate to the applicants (all less than 25 y/o). The questions were pretty straightforward...generally what I expected. Emphasized my proven ability to be a team player based on participation in sports. Was also careful to smile for the majority of the interview - I think that really helped based on the orientation videos that repeatedly tell you to smile! Overall it was an easy interview - everyone there was hired.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing too surprising:
      Give me an example of a recent occasion where you received great customer service (name the store, what happened, did you report it?).
      Give me an example of a recent occasion where you received poor customer service (name the store, what happened, did you report it?).
      What do you do if you have a problem with another team member?
      What do you do if you realize you made a mistake?
        Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gap in November 2013.

Great environment. They try to make it as friendly as possible. Confidence is the key. Just questions about why did you choose the company and basic questions about who you are.

Interview Questions
    Didn't need to negotiate. Pay wasn't that bad for a sales associate job.

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online then received a phone call from a hiring manager the next day. I was then asked to come in for a group interview later that week.

The interview process was slightly different from reviews I have previously read. On the day of my group interview, only a handful of prospective employees were present, which made for a more intimate and personable group interview process. Our hiring manager informed us that the group interview process may be a little rough, as corporate was instituting changes to the interview process (I believe it was new questions, and additional background information on the company, its culture, and community work).

At the conclusion of our group interview, our hiring manager informed us that they were satisfied with our group interview to the extent that we may forgo the follow-up interview pending a background check. I received an offer for employment the next day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  North Dartmouth, MA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Dartmouth, MA

I applied online. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Gap in October 2013.

Got a call the day after I applied and went in to the interview the day later. Interview was very generic and short, took fifteen minutes. Manager said she'd call me next week regarding her decision. When I went home and checked my email, already had a rejection email. When I checked the time, it was ten minutes after my interview had ended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Troutdale, OR
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Troutdale, OR

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in October 2013.

Received a phone call from Emily, then was given a scheduled group interview the following week. There were 6 others we were asked why were here and in a group interview you all take turns answering, its interesting what some some people say at interviews:0
    After the question within the group we were individually taken aside to play a scenario and try to sell a credit card, also asked to go pick out an outfit for a 11 year old. I am 28 and was probably the oldest one there it felt more for teens.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were simple
      why gap
      what's your favorite season
      whats exceptional customer service
      how do you keep up to date on fashion
      why did you choose this attire today
        View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Santa Barbara, CA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Santa Barbara, CA

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in October 2013.

It was a group interview.

Interview Questions
    • Trying to sell a item of clothing that you were wearing.   Answer Question

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap in September 2013.

applied on Saturday 10/5/2013 received a call on Monday 10/7/2013 a short phone interview...questions asked were " how do i accept feedback" and " tell me about a difficult scenario"

Seasonal Sales Associate Interview

Great summer sales job. Interview with store manager was very laid back, standard questions for the type of position. Interview took approximately 15 minutes and I received the offer immediately afterward. I came back to work a few subsequent summers, and the hiring process was even more abbreviated (just an online application).

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Las Vegas, NV
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Las Vegas, NV

I applied online. The process took a day - interviewed at The Gap in November 2012.

I filled out the application online and was called for an interview the next day.The interview consisted of me and 3 other people, and we filled out papers about our availability, work experience, and general information. Then we went to the sales floor and had to pick out an outfit for different scenarios. Afterwards we had two-minute one on one interviews and then we were free to leave. Only one person interviewed us and my whole group got hired.

8.50/hr - didn't negotiate, I just accepted the offer.

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!