The Gap Stock Associate Interview Questions

Updated Mar 21, 2014

2.0

12 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Gap in September 2014.

I applied for the job online and was called to come in for an interview the next day. I met with one of the managers, he asked me my email, when I was available and explained to me what the duties of this job was. My interview lasted about 5 minutes and he didn't ask any typical interview questions. I received an email the next day telling me that I got the job and listed the salary as well.

Other Interview Reviews for The Gap

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in February 2014.

The hiring process took about a week. It was a group interview, you sat down in a group in the back of the store room, then the manager asked us to interview each other. We interviewed our partners and expressed the knowledge we obtained to the interviewer.

Interview Questions
    • Give me a time when you need to express leadership skills that benefited the team?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Auburn, WA
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Auburn, WA

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in May 2011.

Filled out an online application which included an easy skills test on expected retail behaviors (i.e. a picture of a messy table display with unfolded clothes on top and a "Yes" or "No" question asking whether the table was fine as it was). Received a call a few days later to set up an interview. Had a 1:1 interview with the store manager (I had previously worked at this job before transferring to a different job so I was already familiar with the management) so the questions were relatively easy standard interview questions. I received a call that day or the next day offering me a position and I started the following week.

Interview Questions
    • I don't remember any specific questions, just general ones like how you handle stressful situations, meet multiple deadlines, etc.   Answer Question
    There was no negotiation, I was offered their base-rate pay for stock associates.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Gap in December 2009.

It was a fairly easy process. I had to interview with two different managers - they called me back within the week.

Interview Questions
    Always ask for more than you think you would get, but tell them it's negotiable. You don't want to scare them away but you want to get as much money as possible.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online - interviewed at The Gap.

I applied online, and was called for an interview a few days later. I expected it to be a group interview after scouring this very website. The interviewer was one of the assistant managers, and was extremely welcoming and friendly. There were 5 other candidates which was a bit intimidating but the entire interview was done in an informal and relaxed manner. We had to introduce ourselves, then went into the interview questions. We had to state our availability and references once again before leaving.

Interview Questions
    • How would you break the ice with a customer?   View Answer
    I was offered $10.75 which I was very pleased with so I didn't bother negotiating.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap.

Called in for interview after a few days of applying online.
    Was a group interview with about 6 other people.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in January 2013.

I applied online and a few days later I received an email scheduling me for a group interview. The group interview was basically simple questions like why did you chose the gap and what about the gap do you like... Some advice: answer as many questions as you can, put yourself out there because it is competition between you and about 7 other candidates. The best question you can ask the interviewer is " what is the ideal candidate?"

Interview Questions
    • What is the difference between customer service and selling something?   Answer Question
    There wasn't any negotiation, I had to email them after a week and a half to make sure they did not forget about me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Queenstown, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Queenstown, MD

I applied online. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gap in September 2012.

Applied online; went through online process of questions. All of the online questions were common sense. I got a call a few MONTHS later, and luckily i was unemployed. I was invited to an interview. The interviewer was not really into it, and lazily read off of a list of questions from a Gap corporate printout. They were pretty basic-- "What would you do if X," "What's your experience with Y,"... I made sure to be detailed with my question, and just made sure to talk to her like i was having a conversation. I brought up examples and stories. I was polite and maintained eye contact, but not TOO much eye contact. The manager thanked me and told me that the stock manager would be giving me a call to follow up. The stock manager did call me back in the evening and went over the same questions, and was pretty much just gauging my personality. Again, just be yourself, be bubbly and soulful. I think this Gap was desperate for workers though.

I asked for 9 per hour but she told me i could only start at 8.25, and that you can get one raise per year.

Stock Associate Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap.

Got a call a day after I applied online to come in for an interview. Ended up being a group interview of about 5 other people. Lasted about an hour, had to introduce ourselves and asked basic interview questions. Make sure you stand out and talk but don't talk too much. Try to show them who you are. At the end of the interview the manager let the people that didn't get the job go home and told us we had the job if we passed the background check. Passed the background check a week later and came in for orientation a couple days after that.

Interview Questions
    Didn't know what the pay was until I got paid.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Chicago, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in July 2011.

I was interviewed with a group of people who were mostly highly qualified. The experience was pretty intimidating. However, this kind of interview allows you to buy more time in order to answer the questions better. The last part was to choose clothing items for head to toe to create a signature outfit that represents yourself and its purpose (i.e. date, hanging out with friends, concert, clubbing, barhopping etc)

Interview Questions

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!