The Gap

Average Difficulty
7 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Store Manager

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap in May 2014.

Interview Details – They take a really long time to hire someone. The process is very slow moving, and there seems to be no variance in the numerous interviews you are required to go through. Everyone asked the same questions, they should perhaps consider a group interview to save time.

Interview Question – Nothing out of the ordinary, in fact a little to boring.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation they made a more then fair offer right up front.

Visalia, CA

I applied in-person and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – the interviewing process is lengthy. It consist of 5 interviews with various superiors in the company.

Interview Question – How do you create fun for your teams?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Simple, they ask what you want they will either counter offer or accept.

Very Easy Interview

Store Manager

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap.

Interview Details – Interview with recruiter amazing and district was good( phone interview) however regional was out and Did a lot of time wasting on my side to not lose a good candidate. Until she was available. Then was rushed and she was late.

Negotiation Details – They sent a letter over and they confirmed back ground then you start.

Honolulu, HI

I applied in-person and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Gap in June 2009.

Interview Details – Worked my way up thru the ranks.

Interview Question – When taking over a new store, what is the first thing you would do.   Answer Question

Scarsdale, NY

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in December 2010.

Interview Details – phone interview , followed by 2 more phone interviews , then face to face interview with DM, then panel interview with regional merchant and regional HR manager

Interview Question – why do you want to leave your current employer?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – straight forward

Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Gap in February 2012.

Interview Details – first the headhunt made a phone call to ask about the general question. then made an appointment to the face to face interview. then the second interview by gm.

Interview Question – What would you consider when investing in a product or a service?   Answer Question

Store Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Gap in January 2009.

Interview Details – Basically you have a phone interview with the HR Recruiter for the company. If you pass that then you get an interview with the District Manager. and Lastly you interview with the Regional Director. The HR interview is jus common. with the DM its more about how you lead people and your people management skills along with driving for results. With the RD its more so just sizing you up as a formality it seems, just checking your character and if your likeable.

Interview Question – What would your previous direct reports have to say about you as a leader if we asked them?   Answer Question

Worked for The Gap? Contribute to the Community!