The Garland Company Territory Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Territory Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee  in  Sacramento, CA
Anonymous Employee in Sacramento, CA

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Garland Company in February 2012.

The Garland Company is very specific to the types of candidates they hire. They traditionally look for A players that can perform at high levels. My experience was great, from the first phone interview to the final face to face interview...I was treated with respect and was kept in the loop about each step of the process.

Ultimately, they decided to go with another candidate. I was disappointed but feel I had a fair shot of getting the offer. Overall experience was great. Be prepared to answer non-traditional interview questions as well as know why Garland works best for you. They like people who do their homework.

Interview Questions
  • Work ethic...how many hours, what's your schedule, how many appointments, how much new business, etc.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for The Garland Company

Territory Manager Interview

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 6 months - interviewed at The Garland Company in June 2012.

I was very intrigued with this company's bonus potential of 25% and $75k base salary. However, after numerous interviews, they are looking for a "used car salesman" attitude. You basically are selling roofing repairs using Garland products, then have a third-party roofer do the repair. So needless to say you have to push very hard for the sale, because as recruiter told me you have to convince property owner to pay 25%-40% more than what is market price. The recruiter has never sold anything, so he was very unfamiliar with the sales process,his job was to find someone extremely aggressive in sales--not necessarily a professional salesman. I found the process to be a waste of time, not the typical Fortune 500 interview I'm used to. The warning signs went up for me in the beginning, I was just too intrigued with their promise to make $200k+ in 3 years. No car, no mileage, and no cell phone included with job.

Interview Questions

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Garland Company

Worked for The Garland Company? Contribute to the Community!