The Gladstone Institutes

Relevance Date Difficulty

Assistant Professor Interview

Assistant Professor
San Francisco, CA

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Gladstone Institutes.

Interview Details – nice people but tough questions

Interview Question – money money money   Answer Question

Administration Interview

Administration

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Gladstone Institutes.

Interview Details – A phone interview was set up by HR the hiring manager. The phone interview was scheduled for 30 minutes and lasted about 45. Next HR called to ask me to come in. I spent an hour being interviewed by the manager and three staff members. The questions weren't really hard. It really focused on my expertise.

Interview Question – Would you really be willing to put stamps on envelopes? I think they were trying to figure out if the job was below me.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate a salary higher than what they were offering. The HR person had to go back to the hiring manager and get the okay. But they did it.

Postdoctoral Fellow Interview

Postdoctoral Fellow

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Gladstone Institutes.

Interview Details – All day interview. Starts with a presentation. Meet with different lab members. Tour of facility. 1-1.5 hr Q&A session with PI followed by additional Q&A sessions with senior lab members.

Interview Question – Mostly technical questions   Answer Question

Worked for The Gladstone Institutes? Contribute to the Community!