The Goddard School Interview Questions

Updated Apr 16, 2015

2.3

Lunch Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

Basic interview with application and team question s in main office with phones ringing parents dropping off children ect. the staff seems caring yet distracted by other job duties. parents dropping off children seemed irate over child care costs dammit mo

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Goddard School (Katy, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview was done by a panel of 5 people. They asked questions that were pretty standard for a teaching position. They made me feel very comfortable. I did not feel nervous at all.

Preschool Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Goddard School (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview after they found my resume online. It was set up for the following week.
    I filled out an application on arrival and then we preceded to the interview. I was given a tour at the end and told that other applicants were being interviewed over the next 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized in your work?
      How do you work with others of authority?
      How do you keep staff scheduled and organized?
      How did you raise enrollment in your former program?

Answer Question

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Goddard School (Orange, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The assistant director greeted me promptly and introduced me to the office staff. The interview was held in a tiny office shared by two office workers and the assistant director. Throughout our meeting there were people coming and going. Parents were coming in and needed to be let into the building and teachers were stopping by. In addition, my interviewer was answering phones. While they were friendly, I felt unimportant to the process and found it difficult to maintain focus on our conversation.

Pre K Teacher Interview

Interview

Had an interview today. The application is long and detailed. The director was very nice and the facility was clean and neat. The rooms were bright and all the employees seemed happy.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School (Middletown, NJ).

Interview

I applied at The Goddard School for the assistant teacher position and it was probably one of the worst interviews I ever had. When I got there I was greeted by the director who had already been talking on the phone. It wasn't about business because I over heard the conversation since the door was open. My interview was supposed to start at 1030 and it didn't start until 11. When it was finally time to interview, the staff kept walking in and out of the office asking the director questions, the hone kept ringing and she ALWAYS answered it, even her cell phone.

I was probably interrupted more than 10 times. She had to keep starting over, and still got interrupted. She wasn't paying any attention to me. She even left the office once and it wasn't to take care of a situation in a classroom either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School (Pasadena, MD).

Interview

I had an awesome experience it was professional I was offered refreshments. I was asked real life questions. The owner was so kind. The director was very friendly. I was shown the whole school and they met my salary requirement. I was not intimidated at all. I was very confident because of how kind everyone was.

Negotiation

none

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

Ask to come in anytime to finish an application then they call you for a face to face interview. I was never called for a face to face interview so I called them and then they called me in for it.

Interview Questions

• Your teaching philosophy on the application. It was unexpected   Answer Question

Kindergarten Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

I began my interview at one location for a lead teacher position. Midway through the interview she called another location to ask if they were still hiring for kindergarten. I left and went to the other location to finish the interview and was given a tour of the school. Questions were well thought out and directly related to the education field. I applied online but didn't fill out an application till I was there. No one looked over it before the interview. Also, they do not require a teacher's certificate. There was never a background or criminal history check or drug screening discussed at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions

• If you could write a children's book about yourself, what would it be titled?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There were no negotiations. I have accepted the offer, but am struggling to see how I can make this work realistically. Less than $2000 after taxes without a benefit package.... Not realistic in my book.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Goddard School (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Very nice interview. Made me feel comfortable. Questions were related to field applying to and were age appropriate. The building was clean and busy. Lots of kids and staff working with them. Looks like a great place to work.