The Goddard School Interview Questions

Updated Jun 30, 2015

2.3

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Goddard School (New York, NY).

Interview

Filled out online application and I heard a response two days later where an in-person interview was scheduled. Before the interview, I filled out a job application including my educational philosophy and questions where I had to fill in the blanks. Short interview with very common questions about teaching experience. Scheduled model lesson for the next week where I completed a mini lesson for 20 minutes. Offered the position but declined due to other offers. They were very gracious and understanding.

Lead Teacher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

I am currently a classroom teacher and would like to make a change to teaching preschool. I really enjoy working with young children and I agree with The Goddard's School play based philosophy, so I applied online. The director and I corresponded through email and she was very understanding about me not starting until summer so I can finish the school year. She sent me the application and I completed it and sent back through email. A few weeks later she called and we set up a face-to-face interview for the following week. I met with the director and assistant director. I have to say that it was probably one of the nicest interviews I ever had. They really liked me and said they would like to talk to the owner and send me an offer. One week later I was informed that he could pay me $12.50 an hour. I was willing to take a pay cut but I can not afford to go that low. I asked for a couple dollars more, which he refused. I had to decline the job offer because I can't afford to take a $13k a year pay cut. I didn't expect a classroom teacher wage but his offer was ridiculous considering I am a licensed teacher with an advanced degree and over 10 years of experience working with young children. I still feel a bit disappointed but it's more important that I am able to feed my child 3 meals a day.

Interview Questions

• I dislike when children......?   1 Answer

Lunch Helper Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

Basic interview with application and team question s in main office with phones ringing parents dropping off children ect. the staff seems caring yet distracted by other job duties. parents dropping off children seemed irate over child care costs dammit mo

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Goddard School (Katy, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

The Interview was done by a panel of 5 people. They asked questions that were pretty standard for a teaching position. They made me feel very comfortable. I did not feel nervous at all.

Preschool Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Goddard School (Naperville, IL) in February 2015.

Interview

I was called for an interview after they found my resume online. It was set up for the following week.
    I filled out an application on arrival and then we preceded to the interview. I was given a tour at the end and told that other applicants were being interviewed over the next 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• How do you keep yourself organized in your work?
      How do you work with others of authority?
      How do you keep staff scheduled and organized?
      How did you raise enrollment in your former program?

Answer Question

Classroom Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Orange, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Goddard School (Orange, CA) in February 2015.

Interview

The assistant director greeted me promptly and introduced me to the office staff. The interview was held in a tiny office shared by two office workers and the assistant director. Throughout our meeting there were people coming and going. Parents were coming in and needed to be let into the building and teachers were stopping by. In addition, my interviewer was answering phones. While they were friendly, I felt unimportant to the process and found it difficult to maintain focus on our conversation.

Pre K Teacher Interview

Interview

Had an interview today. The application is long and detailed. The director was very nice and the facility was clean and neat. The rooms were bright and all the employees seemed happy.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School (Middletown, NJ).

Interview

I applied at The Goddard School for the assistant teacher position and it was probably one of the worst interviews I ever had. When I got there I was greeted by the director who had already been talking on the phone. It wasn't about business because I over heard the conversation since the door was open. My interview was supposed to start at 1030 and it didn't start until 11. When it was finally time to interview, the staff kept walking in and out of the office asking the director questions, the hone kept ringing and she ALWAYS answered it, even her cell phone.

I was probably interrupted more than 10 times. She had to keep starting over, and still got interrupted. She wasn't paying any attention to me. She even left the office once and it wasn't to take care of a situation in a classroom either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, MD

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School (Pasadena, MD).

Interview

I had an awesome experience it was professional I was offered refreshments. I was asked real life questions. The owner was so kind. The director was very friendly. I was shown the whole school and they met my salary requirement. I was not intimidated at all. I was very confident because of how kind everyone was.

Negotiation

none

Teacher Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Goddard School.

Interview

Ask to come in anytime to finish an application then they call you for a face to face interview. I was never called for a face to face interview so I called them and then they called me in for it.

Interview Questions

• Your teaching philosophy on the application. It was unexpected   Answer Question