The Goddard School Interview Questions

Updated Mar 25, 2015

2.3

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX
    Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Goddard School in March 2015.

The Interview was done by a panel of 5 people. They asked questions that were pretty standard for a teaching position. They made me feel very comfortable. I did not feel nervous at all.

Preschool Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Naperville, IL

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Goddard School in February 2015.

I was called for an interview after they found my resume online. It was set up for the following week.
    I filled out an application on arrival and then we preceded to the interview. I was given a tour at the end and told that other applicants were being interviewed over the next 2 weeks.

Interview Questions
    • How do you keep yourself organized in your work?
      How do you work with others of authority?
      How do you keep staff scheduled and organized?
      How did you raise enrollment in your former program?

Answer Question

Pre K Teacher Interview

Had an interview today. The application is long and detailed. The director was very nice and the facility was clean and neat. The rooms were bright and all the employees seemed happy.

Assistant Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ
    Anonymous Employee in Middletown, NJ

I applied online. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School.

I applied at The Goddard School for the assistant teacher position and it was probably one of the worst interviews I ever had. When I got there I was greeted by the director who had already been talking on the phone. It wasn't about business because I over heard the conversation since the door was open. My interview was supposed to start at 1030 and it didn't start until 11. When it was finally time to interview, the staff kept walking in and out of the office asking the director questions, the hone kept ringing and she ALWAYS answered it, even her cell phone.

I was probably interrupted more than 10 times. She had to keep starting over, and still got interrupted. She wasn't paying any attention to me. She even left the office once and it wasn't to take care of a situation in a classroom either.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, MD
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, MD

I applied in-person. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School.

I had an awesome experience it was professional I was offered refreshments. I was asked real life questions. The owner was so kind. The director was very friendly. I was shown the whole school and they met my salary requirement. I was not intimidated at all. I was very confident because of how kind everyone was.

none

Teacher Assistant Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Goddard School.

Ask to come in anytime to finish an application then they call you for a face to face interview. I was never called for a face to face interview so I called them and then they called me in for it.

Interview Questions
    • Your teaching philosophy on the application. It was unexpected   Answer Question

Kindergarten Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Goddard School.

I began my interview at one location for a lead teacher position. Midway through the interview she called another location to ask if they were still hiring for kindergarten. I left and went to the other location to finish the interview and was given a tour of the school. Questions were well thought out and directly related to the education field. I applied online but didn't fill out an application till I was there. No one looked over it before the interview. Also, they do not require a teacher's certificate. There was never a background or criminal history check or drug screening discussed at the time of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • If you could write a children's book about yourself, what would it be titled?   Answer Question
    There were no negotiations. I have accepted the offer, but am struggling to see how I can make this work realistically. Less than $2000 after taxes without a benefit package.... Not realistic in my book.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

I applied online – interviewed at The Goddard School.

Very nice interview. Made me feel comfortable. Questions were related to field applying to and were age appropriate. The building was clean and busy. Lots of kids and staff working with them. Looks like a great place to work.

Pre-School Teacher Interview

Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH
    Anonymous Employee in Medina, OH

The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Goddard School in September 2014.

Applied online and was called in for an interview the next day. Asked back for a play date and was offered the job the next week! Quick and professional. Owners, directors, and staff were very welcoming! (An Ohio Goddard school.)

Interview Questions
    • What activities would you do with specific age groups? They ask specific subjects.   Answer Question
    • Teaching philosophy and how classroom should be set up for preschool children.   Answer Question
    • Why the goddard school?   Answer Question

They offered me a different position than what I applied for and the pay was not enough.

Assistant Teacher Interview

I applied online. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Goddard School.

Resume submitted online. Got a call for face to face interview. Application packet was unnecessarily long. Interview style was formal. Office space is small and cluttered. Director was very friendly. Made arrangements for scheduling and they were approved by director but a month later hours were cut. Easy to get hired with experience and smiles.

Interview Questions
    • There were unexpected questions on the application packet discussing how you respond to certain situations in the classroom and what irritates you about children. Not difficult to answer but it caught me off guard.   Answer Question
    When negotiating anything get it down in writing with signatures and dates. Make notes of all further negotiations or requests with signage and date information.