The Grand Del Mar
The Grand Del Mar Interview Questions & Reviews
Getting an Interview
Concierge Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Grand Del Mar in March 2012.
Interview Details – I applied online and walked in my resume. Received a call for an interview two weeks later and met with three supervisors (Chef Concierge, Director of Rooms, Assistant Director of HR) back to back for individual interviews. The interviews were mostly behavioral so they asked the simple questions of why you would want to work at the hotel at why you would be a good this position specifically. There were some scenario questions as well.
- Why specifically YOU would be best for this position, at this hotel? Answer Question
- Describe a situation, if any, where someone was not fully doing their job and how did you approach/work with them? Answer Question
- Describe how you would respond to a guest mad at you (even though the mistake was done by a colleague who took an earlier shift?) Answer Question
SPA Receptionist Interview (Positive Experience; Average Interview)
I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Grand Del Mar in September 2011.
Interview Details – I applied online to a few different positions and was called in for an interview. When I arrived for the interview they had me fill out an additional application by hand before being interviewed 1:1 by a human resources rep. Apparently I passed her checklist because she then asked if I was able to wait a little longer and speak to the spa director for a more detailed interview. I of course waited for the spa director who took me to the library and answer some more position specific questions after which he thanked me for my time and escorted me back to HR where the secretary pulled the paperwork and offered me a conditional offer of employment. The condition being that I take and pass a drug test in the next 24 hours and also pass a background check. The whole process took about 1.5 hours.
- Describe a negative/difficult experience in your career and how you handled it. Answer Question
- What do you know about the Grand Del Mar? About the Spa specifically? Answer Question
- Describe a time in your career when you were given multiple tasks simultaneously. Answer Question
- What makes you qualified for this position? Answer Question
Valet Interview (Negative Experience; Average Interview)
I applied in-person and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Grand Del Mar in July 2010.
Interview Details – I applied during their application hours T,TH 1:00pm-4:00pm. Then i was scheduled for an interview. the interview went very well (my best ever), but they didnt want me because i have a part-time job (mon-fri 5:00pm-11:pm) at ups. they wanted me to be available 24/7. i let them know that weekends were open for me but they wanted to give me a graveyard shift instead. I said i would do it. never got a call back. ps. i waited 1hour 35 mins for my interview
Interview Question – what does guest services mean to you Answer Question