The Guidance Center

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Guidance Center

Research Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Southgate, MI
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Southgate, MI

The process took 5 days - interviewed at The Guidance Center in November 2008.

The interview was straight forward and fairly informal. I had been recommended for the job by someone on their board of directors which significantly helped with getting my foot in the door. The agency is professional but with an air of informality. One of the best features of working here is having a flex schedule.

Interview Questions
    • Why do you like working in a field that is challenging and filled with populations that are traditionally underserved?   View Answer
    I was offered $40,000, which was already higher than what they would normally offer someone with my degree (MSW) with no formal full-time work experience post-graduation and I was able to negotiate an additional $3,000 because I had a lot of work experience prior to graduate school, and I had a lot of experience with evaluation and report writing during graduate school.

Therapist Interview

The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Guidance Center in March 2011.

long process and they do a very thorough check before offer comes from HR

very friendly with HR

Outpatient Counselor Interview

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Guidance Center in October 2009.

It was a simple one on one interview. I met with the supervisor who went over teh details for pay. After we discussed the percentage of pay, he described the clientele. Basically regulary insurance clients, adults, families and children.

It was simple, he was nice. Unfortunately it is contractual, so what you bill , you get paid.

Interview Questions
    • What is a difficult situation that you've had to handle?   Answer Question

Worked for The Guidance Center? Contribute to the Community!