The HON Company

Relevance Date Difficulty

Sales/Marketing Specialist Interview

Sales/Marketing Specialist
Muscatine, IA

I applied online - interviewed at The HON Company in May 2013.

Interview Details – After applying I went through a phone screen with HR. After about 2 weeks, I was contacted for an in person interview. It was a series of six 30 minute interviews with HR, the manager & people you would frequently work with. Each had their own interview style. It took about another 2 weeks to hear back after that.

Interview Question – If you were to work with a customer or vendor that you disagreed with, how would you show them your view?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating was slower than anticipated, but went well.

Manufacturing Engineering Inter Interview

Manufacturing Engineering Inter

I applied through college or university and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The HON Company.

Interview Details – Enjoyed the interview. If you are a people person and know your strengths and weaknesses you will do fine. They really look at people that are a "good fit"

Interview Question – Average SWOT   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – No negotiation

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Muscatine, IA

I applied through a staffing agency and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The HON Company in February 2009.

Interview Details – I applied through a staffing agency. I went through skills testing and a back ground check from agency. I was also interviewed by an Agency Representative. I was then interviewed by a Human Resources Representative at The HON Company. The final interview was with the Department Managers - two different individuals. Both Human Resources and the Department Managers had a set list of questions.

Interview Question – Tell me about a time where you could not meet the customer expectations and how you handled it.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – There was a set pay offered as this was an entry level position. Not negotiation process.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Procurement Analyst Interview

Procurement Analyst
Cedartown, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The HON Company in February 2013.

Interview Details – Plant tour, multiple interiviews - one with panel of six Hon "members" (employees)

Interview Questions

• What are my suggestions regarding process improvements? This after a one hour tour.   View Answer
  • See comment   View Answer

Intern Interview

Intern
Muscatine, IA

I applied through college or university and the process took a day - interviewed at The HON Company in October 2011.

Interview Details – There was an on campus interview which consisted of going over my resume with two HNI members. Then there were on site interviews. This consisted of being interviewed by three different members in 15 minute intervals.

Interview Question – What is your biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Engineering
Cedartown, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2 months - interviewed at The HON Company in March 2011.

Interview Details – Went through a series of questions with a recruiter outside of The Hon Company. A few days later, I did a telephone interview with someone their HR department. Then a few days later another telephone interview with a hiring manager. They brought me in for an interview. It consisted of a plant tour, meeting with several teams of managers, the VP. They then had me me review a production line that made file cabinets and asked for simple observations. The I had to report out to another management team, many of whom I had already interviewed with. I had to tell them a little about myself and then what i observed on the floor. Afterwards I went back to HR where they talked to me about what The Hon Company had to offer from a benefits point. About a 5 - 6 hour interview.

Interview Question – Tell me about a difficult situation you;ve had to deal with and the process you took to get through it.   View Answer

Reason for Declining – Took another position before they made an offer.

Financial Analyst Interview

Financial Analyst

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The HON Company in May 2012.

Interview Details – I applied on HON's website. I received an email from their HR department to set up a phone interview. I had a roughly 30 minute interview with one of their member relations (HR) staff discussing my experience and learning more about the position and company. 5 days later, I was told that I had been selected for an on-site interview. This was a four hour interview. It began with a plant tour then 2:1 interviews with members from management, accounting, and purchasing. There were a lot of experience based questions. The questions were challening, but necessary to detail my skills and what I would bring to the position.

Interview Question – How do you prioritize month end close for multiple business units?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I did not need to negotiate past the original offer because it was satisfactory. Since they are a government contractor, you will have to provide pay back up (2 years W-2's and a recent pay stub) so they can document their offer is "fair and reasonable".

Worked for The HON Company? Contribute to the Community!