The HON Company

Updated Oct 2, 2014
Updated Oct 2, 2014

3.1

Manufacturing Engineering Inter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took a weekinterviewed at The HON Company.

Enjoyed the interview. If you are a people person and know your strengths and weaknesses you will do fine. They really look at people that are a "good fit"

No negotiation

Sales/Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

I applied online – interviewed at The HON Company in May 2013.

After applying I went through a phone screen with HR. After about 2 weeks, I was contacted for an in person interview. It was a series of six 30 minute interviews with HR, the manager & people you would frequently work with. Each had their own interview style. It took about another 2 weeks to hear back after that.

Interview Questions
    • If you were to work with a customer or vendor that you disagreed with, how would you show them your view?   Answer Question
    Negotiating was slower than anticipated, but went well.

Procurement Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedartown, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The HON Company in February 2013.

Plant tour, multiple interiviews - one with panel of six Hon "members" (employees)

Interview Questions
    • What are my suggestions regarding process improvements? This after a one hour tour.   View Answer
    • See comment   View Answer

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The HON Company in October 2011.

There was an on campus interview which consisted of going over my resume with two HNI members. Then there were on site interviews. This consisted of being interviewed by three different members in 15 minute intervals.

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cedartown, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The HON Company in March 2011.

Went through a series of questions with a recruiter outside of The Hon Company. A few days later, I did a telephone interview with someone their HR department. Then a few days later another telephone interview with a hiring manager. They brought me in for an interview. It consisted of a plant tour, meeting with several teams of managers, the VP. They then had me me review a production line that made file cabinets and asked for simple observations. The I had to report out to another management team, many of whom I had already interviewed with. I had to tell them a little about myself and then what i observed on the floor. Afterwards I went back to HR where they talked to me about what The Hon Company had to offer from a benefits point. About a 5 - 6 hour interview.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult situation you;ve had to deal with and the process you took to get through it.   View Answer

Took another position before they made an offer.

Territory Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The HON Company in March 2010.

Easy. Met with more than 6 employees. Comfortable. Met with every level of management. People were nice and made the process run smoothly. I would say that of all interviews this one was a charm.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Muscatine, IA

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The HON Company in February 2009.

I applied through a staffing agency. I went through skills testing and a back ground check from agency. I was also interviewed by an Agency Representative. I was then interviewed by a Human Resources Representative at The HON Company. The final interview was with the Department Managers - two different individuals. Both Human Resources and the Department Managers had a set list of questions.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time where you could not meet the customer expectations and how you handled it.   Answer Question
    There was a set pay offered as this was an entry level position. Not negotiation process.

Financial Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The HON Company in May 2012.

I applied on HON's website. I received an email from their HR department to set up a phone interview. I had a roughly 30 minute interview with one of their member relations (HR) staff discussing my experience and learning more about the position and company. 5 days later, I was told that I had been selected for an on-site interview. This was a four hour interview. It began with a plant tour then 2:1 interviews with members from management, accounting, and purchasing. There were a lot of experience based questions. The questions were challening, but necessary to detail my skills and what I would bring to the position.

Interview Questions
    • How do you prioritize month end close for multiple business units?   Answer Question
    I did not need to negotiate past the original offer because it was satisfactory. Since they are a government contractor, you will have to provide pay back up (2 years W-2's and a recent pay stub) so they can document their offer is "fair and reasonable".