The Hackett Group Interview Questions

Updated Aug 8, 2015

2.9

Consulting Interview

Interview

A typical consulting case interview. A mini case given by two people asking about how to solve a client-related business type of a problem. Some of them were harder than others - but I thought it was generally pretty easy.

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Austin, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

The interview was fairly rigorous with a director asking relatively detailed questions and addressing every nook and cranny of my resume. Relatively basic behavioral questions initially, with a couple of technical questions about scenarios that may pertain to an engagement or work assignment, but definitely fair and looks to see how you think.

Interview Questions

• Are you willing to travel?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (New York, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

The interview process was swift and the follow up was inpeccable! Lots of great questions asked. I am really looking forward to seeing how these practices reflect internally. The Hackett Group really made a great impression. Not to mention the benefits package involved.

Interview Questions

• Most difficult question surrounded my work-life balance due to the extensive travel   Answer Question

Solution Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hackett Group in January 2014.

Interview

A friend at the company let me know there was an opening, I contacted the company and HR followed up. I had an initial conversation with HR, then a live interview with my future boss, and was finally flown down to Florida to meet with the executive team.

Interview Questions

• What specific skills and experience do you have that you believe will make you successful managing large, complex, solution-oriented sales.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at The Hackett Group.

Interview

Very unorganized and managed by different groups. No overall strategy to how to hire or who. Company culture and strategy is different depending on who you ask and when.

Negotiation

None

Consultant Interview

Interview

on site interview

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Miami, FL).

Interview

several phone meetings - and 1 on site group interview and presentation assignment - rigged to stress the candidate with a flawed presentation platform -- to see how they reacted under stress. This was a common tech used by THG in 2008 - 2011 period

Account Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hackett Group.

Interview

I was approached by an old colleague who wanted to refer me for a position. Once I expressed an interest, a recruiter reached out to me almost immediately to discuss the role, give me broad salary understanding, and set up a first interview. I went through 3 interviews and was impressed at how the organization tried to ensure that I had a good picture of the culture and the role and responsibilities. My final interview, although the best, was the one where I was able to determine that this role was not a good fit for me. This was based on a very transparent approach where the hiring manager was very open and clear about her concerns about me as a candidate and clarified some areas where I had concerns.

Interview Questions

• There was nothing unexpected, probably the hardest question was whether I felt confident in my ability to do the parts of the job that would be new to me - and my interest in taking these duties on. That was the area I was not entirely sure about.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at The Hackett Group (Atlanta, GA) in August 2013.

Interview

Very odd interviews and confusing process. All 4 interviewers were confused how my resume spoke to the experience that they wanted. 2 of the 4 interviewers were apparently high level senior leaders, but honestly could not articulate their roles. The spoke in a rather unprofessional manner as well. impressive in their presentation or answering of questions. One interviewer had not even read my resume. I found the interview to be somewhat insincere-- perhaps a way to gather competitive intelligence. (I work for a somewhat rival firm and they really wanted to get a lot of information from me). They even asked me to send some of my recent work examples--which of course I did not do because that is illegal. I would never work for any firm that employs such tactics to learn about the competition.

Interview Questions

• None. They simply wanted to know more about my rival firm. Again, a competitive intelligence gather tactic.   1 Answer
    • Please tell how your company is organized and where your role fits into that.   1 Answer

Trainee Interview

Interview

Had three HR rounds and couple of technical interviews