The Hackett Group

22 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Solution Director Interview

Solution Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 6+ weeks - interviewed at The Hackett Group in January 2014.

Interview Details – A friend at the company let me know there was an opening, I contacted the company and HR followed up. I had an initial conversation with HR, then a live interview with my future boss, and was finally flown down to Florida to meet with the executive team.

Interview Question – What specific skills and experience do you have that you believe will make you successful managing large, complex, solution-oriented sales.   Answer Question

Director Interview

Director

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Hackett Group.

Interview Details – Very unorganized and managed by different groups. No overall strategy to how to hire or who. Company culture and strategy is different depending on who you ask and when.

Negotiation Details – None

Interview Question – behavioral   Answer Question

Consulting Manager Interview

Consulting Manager
Miami, FL

I applied online and interviewed at The Hackett Group.

Interview Details – several phone meetings - and 1 on site group interview and presentation assignment - rigged to stress the candidate with a flawed presentation platform -- to see how they reacted under stress. This was a common tech used by THG in 2008 - 2011 period

Interview Question – the rigged assignment mentioned above   Answer Question

Account Manager Interview

Account Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hackett Group.

Interview Details – I was approached by an old colleague who wanted to refer me for a position. Once I expressed an interest, a recruiter reached out to me almost immediately to discuss the role, give me broad salary understanding, and set up a first interview. I went through 3 interviews and was impressed at how the organization tried to ensure that I had a good picture of the culture and the role and responsibilities. My final interview, although the best, was the one where I was able to determine that this role was not a good fit for me. This was based on a very transparent approach where the hiring manager was very open and clear about her concerns about me as a candidate and clarified some areas where I had concerns.

Interview Question – There was nothing unexpected, probably the hardest question was whether I felt confident in my ability to do the parts of the job that would be new to me - and my interest in taking these duties on. That was the area I was not entirely sure about.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 6 days - interviewed at The Hackett Group in August 2013.

Interview Details – Very odd interviews and confusing process. All 4 interviewers were confused how my resume spoke to the experience that they wanted. 2 of the 4 interviewers were apparently high level senior leaders, but honestly could not articulate their roles. The spoke in a rather unprofessional manner as well.
impressive in their presentation or answering of questions. One interviewer had not even read my resume. I found the interview to be somewhat insincere-- perhaps a way to gather competitive intelligence. (I work for a somewhat rival firm and they really wanted to get a lot of information from me). They even asked me to send some of my recent work examples--which of course I did not do because that is illegal. I would never work for any firm that employs such tactics to learn about the competition.

Interview Questions

• None. They simply wanted to know more about my rival firm. Again, a competitive intelligence gather tactic.   View Answer
  • Please tell how your company is organized and where your role fits into that.   View Answer

Manager Interview

Manager
Dallas, TX

I applied online and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Hackett Group in January 2011.

Interview Details – Two rounds of technical interview. Very common questions. They asked me couple of scenarios, best practices, what if questions. Easy to crack if you are a season player.

Interview Question – nothing   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Did get much chance to negotiate

Trainee Interview

Trainee

Interviewed at The Hackett Group

Interview Details – Had three HR rounds and couple of technical interviews

Consultant Interview

Consultant

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Hackett Group.

Interview Details – 4-5 phone interview with consultants/managers at various levels , followed by final in-person interview including powerpoint presentation

Senior Director Interview

Senior Director
Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at The Hackett Group in August 2009.

Interview Details – Interview process started with a discussion with the internal recruiter. This was primarily a screening interview to determine if you have the requisite skills and background.
Second round was face to face with internal recruiter. This was a fit and personality interview.
Third round was with multiple folks to do skill, standard interview, and background.
Decision was made and offer at the end of the third round.

Interview Question – Please explain a situation where you had to delivery an unpleasant message to a client and how you communicated it.   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hackett Group

Worked for The Hackett Group? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Hackett Group interview questions and advice. All 22 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Hackett Group employees and interview candidates.