The Hackett Group

2.9

Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hackett Group in October 2014.

The interview process was swift and the follow up was inpeccable! Lots of great questions asked. I am really looking forward to seeing how these practices reflect internally. The Hackett Group really made a great impression. Not to mention the benefits package involved.

Interview Questions
    • Most difficult question surrounded my work-life balance due to the extensive travel   Answer Question

Solution Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeksinterviewed at The Hackett Group in January 2014.

A friend at the company let me know there was an opening, I contacted the company and HR followed up. I had an initial conversation with HR, then a live interview with my future boss, and was finally flown down to Florida to meet with the executive team.

Interview Questions
    • What specific skills and experience do you have that you believe will make you successful managing large, complex, solution-oriented sales.   Answer Question

Director Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Hackett Group.

Very unorganized and managed by different groups. No overall strategy to how to hire or who. Company culture and strategy is different depending on who you ask and when.

None

Consultant Interview

on site interview

Consulting Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

I applied online – interviewed at The Hackett Group.

several phone meetings - and 1 on site group interview and presentation assignment - rigged to stress the candidate with a flawed presentation platform -- to see how they reacted under stress. This was a common tech used by THG in 2008 - 2011 period

Account Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hackett Group.

I was approached by an old colleague who wanted to refer me for a position. Once I expressed an interest, a recruiter reached out to me almost immediately to discuss the role, give me broad salary understanding, and set up a first interview. I went through 3 interviews and was impressed at how the organization tried to ensure that I had a good picture of the culture and the role and responsibilities. My final interview, although the best, was the one where I was able to determine that this role was not a good fit for me. This was based on a very transparent approach where the hiring manager was very open and clear about her concerns about me as a candidate and clarified some areas where I had concerns.

Interview Questions
    • There was nothing unexpected, probably the hardest question was whether I felt confident in my ability to do the parts of the job that would be new to me - and my interest in taking these duties on. That was the area I was not entirely sure about.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 daysinterviewed at The Hackett Group in August 2013.

Very odd interviews and confusing process. All 4 interviewers were confused how my resume spoke to the experience that they wanted. 2 of the 4 interviewers were apparently high level senior leaders, but honestly could not articulate their roles. The spoke in a rather unprofessional manner as well.
    impressive in their presentation or answering of questions. One interviewer had not even read my resume. I found the interview to be somewhat insincere-- perhaps a way to gather competitive intelligence. (I work for a somewhat rival firm and they really wanted to get a lot of information from me). They even asked me to send some of my recent work examples--which of course I did not do because that is illegal. I would never work for any firm that employs such tactics to learn about the competition.

Interview Questions
    • None. They simply wanted to know more about my rival firm. Again, a competitive intelligence gather tactic.   View Answer
    • Please tell how your company is organized and where your role fits into that.   View Answer

Trainee Interview

Had three HR rounds and couple of technical interviews

Consultant Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Hackett Group.

4-5 phone interview with consultants/managers at various levels , followed by final in-person interview including powerpoint presentation

Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Hackett Group in January 2012.

The interview process is smart and intelligent. Not pretentious or arrogant. Always probing and seeking individuals to make the team better

Interview Questions
    I was giving up a bonus. They added the bonus to my salary. I make up for it in my hourly rate. It goes lower everyday :P You work here. You work hard and you play hard