The Hartford

Updated Nov 11, 2014

2.4

7 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I was first introduced to the company at a career fair. After submitting an application online, I was contacted for an on-campus interview. All of the recruiters that I spoke with were very personable and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing.

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I applied online as well as through my university. Did an hour and a half online assessment and then a few weeks later received an email requesting to set up an on-campus interview. The first interview was very laid back and more of a conversation than an interview. The interviewer was very polite and easy to talk to. Two weeks later I received another email asking to set up a second-round interview on campus. This time I was interviewed by two people, and it was extremely similar to the first being very laid back and more of a conversation. I received an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. All behavioral based and looking for examples from your past work.   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I was recommended by a current employee who passed my resume along to management, had a phone interview with HR and then a physical interview with two supervisors and then a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was really irate
      What is your biggest weakness
        Answer Question
    Negotation in general. As my first job out of college I felt like I had no room to negotiate stuff like pay, I have since changed that aspect with open communication.

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford in November 2013.

I applied online and received a response within a couple of days. I first had to do a phone interview that had some pretty standard questions. A couple days later, I went in for an in- person interview. My interview was about a week and a half ago and I am currently waiting for a response.

Interview Questions
    • The questions were pretty standard, the only one I got that I have never really had before was to explain the difference between business writing and regular writing.   View Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Hartford in March 2013.

Interviewed on-campus at Arizona State. Two interviews same-day, about 30-45 min each. All behavioral questions. Was really a "get to know you" type of interview. Received phone call about a week later with employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just the generic, "tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer or teammate and how did you handle the scenario". Cookie-cutter questions that anyone should be able to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in December 2012.

The interview process was long. I started with an on-campus interview and after a few days a over the phone interview. About 2 weeks later I was called again to come into the office for a panel interview which lasted about 2 hours long with about 6 different senior staff.

Interview Questions
    • The most difficult question I was asked was "In 2 years where do you see yourself"   Answer Question

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in November 2012.

I applied online and about a week later I was requested to take their online skills/personality test. It was pretty straight forward and included a call center simulation segment. A few weeks after taking this test I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview went pretty much as expected and there were no extremely difficult or unexpected questions asked.

Interview Questions
    • Looking at your resume it seems that none of your past jobs have been related to insurance, why are you interested in pursuing a career in insurance currently?   Answer Question