The Hartford Associate Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2015

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ).

Interview

Depends on who you interview with. Hiring process was fairly quick. Offer followed within a couple days and employment began at the start of the next upcoming training class. The interview was typical, no surprises. Testing was also typical grammar, math, personality.

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Employee in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.

Interview

First was a phone interview, the recruiter called me late so no behavior questions were asked at all. Just went over my background and the job. Listed the pay (45k) which made me genuinely want this job. Was selected to come in for an in person interview with 2 people. They were very nice, but they didn't ask me ANY behavioral questions which lead me to believe I wasn't really in consideration for the position, I listed it as negative because I felt like this was wasting my time. I felt as though the phone recruiter just set up everybody after really selling the position and I really wasn't being considered. The interviewers themselves were friendly and made me feel comfortable I just think they knew before I came in that they didn't want me. They just asked why The Hartford and what did I want out of a company. I have switched careers a lot in the last few years but I recently got my AA so I was hoping to start out my career while I finish my Bachelors. From reading other reviews I knew that since they didn't have anyone else interview me I knew I wasn't selected as soon as I walked out. I confirmed this by checking on my application status on the website and less than 4 hours after my interview it said I was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• What about The Hartford attracted you to this position, what are you looking for from a job to ensure you stay, why did you leave your previous positions (they went over my whole resume)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2015.

Interview

Take an online assessment. It is a bit deceptive because it seems like a call center assessment but is not at like the actual job. Next. received a phone interview, then a face to face interview with 2 managers. Is you pass that, the department manager interviews you and tells you more about the job.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a call from an irate customer?   1 Answer

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Two sets of interviews on the same day. Pretty standard stuff about your resume and qualifications. Kind of weird in that the interviewers were potential co-workers if I receive a job offer and not typical Human Resources associates. Overall a positive experience with nothing too tough. The interviewers were very nice, yet pretty difficult to impress. They were all highly educated and gave as much information as they requested. The only downside is that they expected you to know much more about the job than you could. It was an entry level position but they made me feel that they wanted an experienced claim handler. This is why I feel they should of had an HR representative in the room as well.

Interview Questions

• How would you proceed with an assignment that was based on a tough red-lined paperback?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Aurora, IL) in December 2014.

Interview

I interviewed at the Aurora, Il location. First off the interviewers were a couple minutes late. The interview was held by two team leads who were not managers(red flag). During the entire interview the two leads kept looking at each other as if they didn't know what they were doing. The interview consisted of three situation questions then it was over. There was no explanation of company, position ect. Needless to say I didn't want the position once I found out they weren't managers.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

I was first introduced to the company at a career fair. After submitting an application online, I was contacted for an on-campus interview. All of the recruiters that I spoke with were very personable and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

I applied online as well as through my university. Did an hour and a half online assessment and then a few weeks later received an email requesting to set up an on-campus interview. The first interview was very laid back and more of a conversation than an interview. The interviewer was very polite and easy to talk to. Two weeks later I received another email asking to set up a second-round interview on campus. This time I was interviewed by two people, and it was extremely similar to the first being very laid back and more of a conversation. I received an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• No difficult or unexpected questions. All behavioral based and looking for examples from your past work.   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

I was recommended by a current employee who passed my resume along to management, had a phone interview with HR and then a physical interview with two supervisors and then a manager.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if a customer was really irate What is your biggest weakness   Answer Question

Negotiation

Negotation in general. As my first job out of college I felt like I had no room to negotiate stuff like pay, I have since changed that aspect with open communication.

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in November 2013.

Interview

I applied online and received a response within a couple of days. I first had to do a phone interview that had some pretty standard questions. A couple days later, I went in for an in- person interview. My interview was about a week and a half ago and I am currently waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• The questions were pretty standard, the only one I got that I have never really had before was to explain the difference between business writing and regular writing.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in March 2013.

Interview

Interviewed on-campus at Arizona State. Two interviews same-day, about 30-45 min each. All behavioral questions. Was really a "get to know you" type of interview. Received phone call about a week later with employment offer.

Interview Questions

• No technical questions. Just the generic, "tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer or teammate and how did you handle the scenario". Cookie-cutter questions that anyone should be able to answer.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation.