The Hartford

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2012.

Interview Details – very tough. the questions were back to back. It felt like it was a two hour interview.I felt like it was a waste of time.They told me the recruiter would contact me in one or two weeks. I was sent an email saying I didnt get the job.It was a bummer considering I had just finished college four days prior.

Phoenix, AZ

I applied online and the process took 1 week - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2010.

Interview Details – Discussed the different aspects of the job and the responsibilites. They also asked typical interview questions about how you are in customer service, under pressure, and how you mange you work load.

Interview Question – Name one of your weaknesses   View Answer

Claims Adjuster

I applied in-person and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in March 2009.

Interview Details – I interviewed 3 times. My first interview was with 2 supervisor. They referred me to another position that I better qualified for. I interviewed with another supervisor for that position. My last interview was with the site manager.

Be prepared to the interview, so you that you are able to answer the question shortly after it is asked. Look the person in the eye. Have creative stories to tell relevent to the question. Be relaxed.

My initial perception of the people, office, and work culture was positive. Everyone was pleasant was very welcoming.

Interview Question – Has there been a time when had to deal with a angry customer, if so how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Claim Adjuster Interview

Claim Adjuster

I applied online and the process took a day - interviewed at The Hartford in February 2010.

Interview Details – I applied on line. After the phone screen, they had me come in for a few hours to take three computer-based tests. The topics were English, Math, and Decision Making (i.e. how do you handle certain office and ethics situations?) All questions were multiple choice.

Following the tests, there was a panel interview with 2 claim managers. The interview questions were typical behavioral questions. There was also a question about dealing with difficult customers and one about demonstrating extra effort to meet a goal.

The offer came the next day, and I eventually accepted.

Interview Questions

• Give an exmaple of a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle the situation?   Answer Question
  • Give an example of a time when you had to go over and above your normal duties to meet a goal?   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was able to negotiate about 10% more than their original offer, But I had to wait several hours for their response with the counter offer.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!