The Hartford

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2010.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews, multi-interview in-person visit, background check, references.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or non-traditional.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very fair. Pay is reasonable for senior roles and recruiters are very fair.

Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – One day phone interviews. Onsite 4 interviews

Interview Question – What do you read   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Back and forth twice

Director

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2011.

Interview Details – The interview process was very difficult.

Interview Question – Please describe your strategy for this department.   Answer Question

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Director

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Hartford in January 2012.

Interview Details – Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin. Couple of emails, a phone interview and then invitation to conduct 1:1 and group panel. Initial discussions went very well.... 1:1 interview quickly identified that the recruiter was out to fulfill a quota and did not match skills with position. Interview proved a bit awkward as we both agreed that my skills were over qualified for the opportunity... We both laughed and actually continued our dialog at a local watering hole.... Group/Panel discussion became more of a SCRUM session attempting to resolve outstanding PMO issues iwthin the company.

the interview is what you make of it... learn what are the goals and objectives of the opportunity being offered. Do you get to present your ideas (sell them to leadership) or are you there to make someone else look intelligent? How open and candid are the interviewers? Are you receiving canned "behavioral" questions or are they really interested in the skills you offer.... Remember, you do have skills and abilities that are worth a great deal... Is this company and the team you will work with a good fit for you?

Interview Questions

• Tell me -- How would you inform senior leadership of an issue impacting the company?   View Answer
  • You have inherited a team with a legacy of issues and open discourse; explain how you would rebuild the team and employee moral?   View Answer

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!