The Hartford Director Interview Questions

3.3

4 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ months - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2010.

Several phone interviews, multi-interview in-person visit, background check, references.

Interview Questions
  • Nothing unexpected or non-traditional.   View Answer
Very fair. Pay is reasonable for senior roles and recruiters are very fair.

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

One day phone interviews. Onsite 4 interviews

Back and forth twice

Director Interview

The process took 2 days - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2011.

The interview process was very difficult.

Director Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Hartford in January 2012.

Recruiter reached out to me via Linkedin. Couple of emails, a phone interview and then invitation to conduct 1:1 and group panel. Initial discussions went very well.... 1:1 interview quickly identified that the recruiter was out to fulfill a quota and did not match skills with position. Interview proved a bit awkward as we both agreed that my skills were over qualified for the opportunity... We both laughed and actually continued our dialog at a local watering hole.... Group/Panel discussion became more of a SCRUM session attempting to resolve outstanding PMO issues iwthin the company.

the interview is what you make of it... learn what are the goals and objectives of the opportunity being offered. Do you get to present your ideas (sell them to leadership) or are you there to make someone else look intelligent? How open and candid are the interviewers? Are you receiving canned "behavioral" questions or are they really interested in the skills you offer.... Remember, you do have skills and abilities that are worth a great deal... Is this company and the team you will work with a good fit for you?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me -- How would you inform senior leadership of an issue impacting the company?   View Answer
    • You have inherited a team with a legacy of issues and open discourse; explain how you would rebuild the team and employee moral?   View Answer

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!