The Hartford Interview Questions in Hartford, CT

Updated Mar 24, 2015
Updated Mar 24, 2015

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in March 2015.

I sent in my application and received a call about 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Had my interview and it went great. I thought I had nailed it and felt really confident. They told me I would hear back in a week or two because they had other interviews, but I received an email 4 days later saying that I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, and were able to solve their problem.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

I applied online. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Hartford in February 2015.

After applying, a recruiter calls you asking basic questions such as why are interested in the position and what was your previous job. If you pass the phone interview, you are asked to interview with the hiring manager in person.

Interview Questions
    • What are your strengths and weaknesses. Can you tell me a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do to resolve the problem? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in February 2015.

It was mostly behavioral questions. Many of the questions started out: Name a time when... It was a conversational interview, back and forth I would answer questions and then we would be able to discuss what I had just answered. The interview took about 40 minutes from start to finish. I interviewed with the director in that specific operations.

Operations & Technology LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Hartford.

Apply Online --> Phone Interview --> On-Campus Interview --> Home Office Interview

Applied online through my Uni's career services website and through The Hartford's internal career site

Phone interview was a pleasant surprise; had an intern call me from HR asking if I was still interested ~ a week after applying online. A couple of days later, an HR recruiting rep called me to talk about my resume, etc.

On-Campus interview was a typical 1-on-1 sit down and talk style interview. Really enjoyed this one, the recruiting manager for my school was a wonderful guy.

Home Office Interview consists of a tour, a group thing, a 1-on-1, and a case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was brutal. I may be a bit biased because I am an accounting major, but the case study seemed to be entirely focused on understanding database information systems. The Hartford considers almost all majors for the LDP, granted you have a somewhat relatable field of interest. They should keep in mind that not all interviewees have educational backgrounds in management information systems. If you don't understand the intricacies of data flow through specific MIS charts, you are most likely going to stumble through the case study.   Answer Question
    Entry-level, so no negotiatiion. Starting salary is generous relative to the state of the economy and whatnot. Graciously accepted.

Risk Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Hartford in November 2014.

1. Campus Interview following application. Interviewed with 2 current RLDP full-time people- really nice, mix of personal and finance questions.
    2. On site interview with 2 current RLDP employees and one Risk Analyst (5 years experience). Also got a tour. Beautiful place to work and the trade floor is amazing. Again, mix of personal and finance questions. Really nice and passionate guys

Interview Questions
    • Stuff learned in basic finance, leadership, teamwork, what drives you   Answer Question

AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Applied online and had an employee referral. Received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview which was scheduled for two days after that. The phone interview was a review of the job and my qualifications, pretty easy. At the end of that conversation I was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. Went to the office the following Monday and met with a manager. The interview was a lot of behavioral questions... make sure you have some examples from previous work experience/schooling. The in person interview took an hour. Dress professionally and be ready to give examples and you should be fine. Everybody I spoke with was very nice and helped me understand the requirements of the position. I received a job offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there were no opportunities for advancement after five or six years?   Answer Question

Agency Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

I applied online and within roughly 90 days I received a phone call from a Recruiting Manager looking to fill a slot for an Agency Customer Service Representative position immediately. I did a phone interview with him for 45 minutes and he gave me an in-person interview for the following day. The in-person interview was hosted by a Billing Manager in-person and an Agency Department Manager over the phone. I was offered the position the next business day. I started two weeks following the offer.

Interview Questions
    • General Interview Questions, they are looking for very specific examples!   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in December 2013.

I first found the application for the internship on my school's career website. I completed the application in November, and was contacted shortly after by the company to set up interviews. As I was an out of town candidate, I proceeded with a short phone interview of about 30 minutes with one of the program managers. I moved forward to the next round and had an hour long phone interview with another manager and the program director in December. I was contacted two weeks later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What technology blogs do you follow, or how do you stay current in the technology field?
      What is the most interesting piece of new technology you have read about?

Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. They give a set salary of $20/hr and then decrease it to $17/hr if you require housing for the summer.

Systems Server Administration Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a dayinterviewed at The Hartford.

I was a previous vendor to there servers on site and left my company to work for them as a direct System Administrator

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a difficult work situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

interviewed at The Hartford in November 2013.

Applied online and was contacted a few weeks later by someone who wanted to set up a thirty minute phone interview. After the phone interview she asked if we could set up a date that worked to fly me to their headquarters in CT. Went through a series of interviews with members of their actuarial team. Then had a case study that my group had to present to their team. Was contacted a day later saying that I had an offer for the summer of 2014.

Interview Questions
    No. It was pretty set for the internship position.