The Hartford

Relevance Date Difficulty

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Technology Leadership Development Program
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2013.

Interview Details – I first found the application for the internship on my school's career website. I completed the application in November, and was contacted shortly after by the company to set up interviews. As I was an out of town candidate, I proceeded with a short phone interview of about 30 minutes with one of the program managers. I moved forward to the next round and had an hour long phone interview with another manager and the program director in December. I was contacted two weeks later and offered the job.

Interview Question – What technology blogs do you follow, or how do you stay current in the technology field?
What is the most interesting piece of new technology you have read about?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Not much negotiation. They give a set salary of $20/hr and then decrease it to $17/hr if you require housing for the summer.

Operations Leadership Development Program Interview

Operations Leadership Development Program
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in July 2013.

Interview Details – Met on campus and interviewed with HR and 2 program reps. Then made it to final round interviews at The Hartford consisting of interviews with senior leaders and program reps. Did a group interview activity to see how I worked in a group. Questions where standard. They really looked for how i got along with everyone.

Interview Question – Team building activity to prioritize items if abandoned at sea.   Answer Question

Assistant Vice President Interview

Assistant Vice President
Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2010.

Interview Details – Interview for officer level includes a 2 day "hokus pokus" interview / shrink exam with a PHD. Absolutely ridiculous. Amazing that they spend so much money - as it obviously doesn't work.

Interview Question – don't recall any   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Relatively easy - except that they reneged on purchasing my home after I have relocated. The real estate market was collapsing - and they refused to honor a purchase price that was extended by a 3rd party relocation company that they had contracted to work with me during my move.

AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance Interview

AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance
Windsor, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Interview Details – Applied online and had an employee referral. Received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview which was scheduled for two days after that. The phone interview was a review of the job and my qualifications, pretty easy. At the end of that conversation I was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. Went to the office the following Monday and met with a manager. The interview was a lot of behavioral questions... make sure you have some examples from previous work experience/schooling. The in person interview took an hour. Dress professionally and be ready to give examples and you should be fine. Everybody I spoke with was very nice and helped me understand the requirements of the position. I received a job offer the following day.

Interview Question – What would you do if there were no opportunities for advancement after five or six years?   Answer Question

Agency Care Interview

Agency Care
Windsor, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within roughly 90 days I received a phone call from a Recruiting Manager looking to fill a slot for an Agency Customer Service Representative position immediately. I did a phone interview with him for 45 minutes and he gave me an in-person interview for the following day. The in-person interview was hosted by a Billing Manager in-person and an Agency Department Manager over the phone. I was offered the position the next business day. I started two weeks following the offer.

Interview Question – General Interview Questions, they are looking for very specific examples!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Technology Leadership Development Program
Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university and the process took 8 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2013.

Interview Details – Left my resume with one of the program members at an engineering career fair. A week or so later I was called about scheduling an on-campus interview for the very next day. The first interview consisted of mainly standard interview questions as well as a few specific questions about my technical background. I got into the final round interviews on the Hartford campus. This interview consisted of a business analysis case study, which I wasn't very well prepared for as a CS major, as well as a one-on-one interview and a team-oriented problem solving activity. The program description seems geared towards technically-oriented people but I didn't meet anyone during the whole process who seemed to be doing any software work or who even seemed interested in anything but business. I asked for feedback on my interview but got no reply.

Interview Question – What is a technology that has had an impact on your life?   View Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Customer Service Representative
Windsor, CT

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in June 2013.

Interview Details – Virtual contact center assessment lasting about 30 minutes, was pretty simple, easily navigated and gave a good overview of what a day answering the phones would be like. Brief phone interview with recruiter lasted about 15 minutes. Hour long in-person interview focusing on behavioral questions and your ability to tolerate an extremely micromanaged environment, was with one in-person manager, and one remote.

Interview Question – Why are you seeking a job where you will basically be chained to a desk?   View Answer

Negotiation Details – No negotiation. The contact center is projected to close within the next 10 years as The Hartford is no longer selling annuities.

Director Interview

Director
Hartford, CT

I applied online and the process took 2+ months - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2010.

Interview Details – Several phone interviews, multi-interview in-person visit, background check, references.

Interview Question – Nothing unexpected or non-traditional.   View Answer

Negotiation Details – Very fair. Pay is reasonable for senior roles and recruiters are very fair.

Associate Claims Representative Interview

Associate Claims Representative
Windsor, CT

I applied online - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2013.

Interview Details – I applied online and received a response within a couple of days. I first had to do a phone interview that had some pretty standard questions. A couple days later, I went in for an in- person interview. My interview was about a week and a half ago and I am currently waiting for a response.

Interview Question – The questions were pretty standard, the only one I got that I have never really had before was to explain the difference between business writing and regular writing.   View Answer

Very Easy Interview

Systems Server Administration Interview

Systems Server Administration
Hartford, CT

I applied through an employee referral and the process took a day - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – I was a previous vendor to there servers on site and left my company to work for them as a direct System Administrator

Interview Question – Tell me a difficult work situation and how you resolved it.   Answer Question

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hartford

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!

The Hartford Videos

The Hartford – Why Work for Us?

​​Overview​​ ​​​The Hartford spirit is collaborative, collegial, and community oriented because our culture is rooted in shared values. Our employees live the values of integrity, teamwork, customer focus, financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Hartford interview questions and advice in Hartford, CT. All 42 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Hartford employees and interview candidates.