The Hartford Interview Questions in Hartford, CT

Updated Sep 1, 2015

2.9

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. The process consisted of a phone screen, a phone interview, and a round robin consisting of panel and 1:1 interviews. Most questions were behavioral-type questions rather than quantitative.

Interview Questions

• How would you classify a group of claim adjuster write-ups to detect fraud?   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

1:1 Interview with consultant. The interview was detailed towards past customer service experience. It was a pleasant experience with a professional staff member. They also wanted to know what type of interpersonal skills I had. What past experiences I had that applied to this job and why I wanted it. The proceeded to explain in detail the duties of the daily functions of the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about past experiences and how they aligned with the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

I sent in my application and received a call about 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Had my interview and it went great. I thought I had nailed it and felt really confident. They told me I would hear back in a week or two because they had other interviews, but I received an email 4 days later saying that I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, and were able to solve their problem.   Answer Question

TPA Services Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Called a week later for interview with two people. They seemed to be a little disorganized and 20 minutes late to the interview. Overall it was all right but I was not challenged.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking for a job? Why was I interested in this position?   1 Answer

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

It was mostly behavioral questions. Many of the questions started out: Name a time when... It was a conversational interview, back and forth I would answer questions and then we would be able to discuss what I had just answered. The interview took about 40 minutes from start to finish. I interviewed with the director in that specific operations.

Customer Care Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

There was a mandatory pre-employment online assessment, followed by a half hour phone interview with a recruiter asking basic customer service and career goal questions, then an in person interview with 2 department supervisors. Most questions were customer related or time management related. They are looking for some amount of personality, but want to make sure you can still be robotic and follow corporate America standards.

Interview Questions

• How well are you with time management and how do you manage to stay on schedule during the day?   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in February 2015.

Interview

After applying, a recruiter calls you asking basic questions such as why are interested in the position and what was your previous job. If you pass the phone interview, you are asked to interview with the hiring manager in person.

Interview Questions

• What are your strengths and weaknesses. Can you tell me a time you had to deal with an angry customer. What did you do to resolve the problem? Were you successful?   Answer Question

Insurance Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in January 2015.

Interview

it was extremely professional, friendly, and straight-forward. There were no tricks, which is always a red flag for me right off the bat. Both interviewers were sincerely interested in finding out why I would be a good fit for the position, rather than playing detective to figure out why they shouldn't. It was probably the best interview process i've ever had. My only suggestion would be to avoid discussing turnover rates.

Interview Questions

• why did (blank) company hire you for such a short period of time?   1 Answer

Operations & Technology LDP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Apply Online --> Phone Interview --> On-Campus Interview --> Home Office Interview Applied online through my Uni's career services website and through The Hartford's internal career site Phone interview was a pleasant surprise; had an intern call me from HR asking if I was still interested ~ a week after applying online. A couple of days later, an HR recruiting rep called me to talk about my resume, etc. On-Campus interview was a typical 1-on-1 sit down and talk style interview. Really enjoyed this one, the recruiting manager for my school was a wonderful guy. Home Office Interview consists of a tour, a group thing, a 1-on-1, and a case study.

Interview Questions

• The case study was brutal. I may be a bit biased because I am an accounting major, but the case study seemed to be entirely focused on understanding database information systems. The Hartford considers almost all majors for the LDP, granted you have a somewhat relatable field of interest. They should keep in mind that not all interviewees have educational backgrounds in management information systems. If you don't understand the intricacies of data flow through specific MIS charts, you are most likely going to stumble through the case study.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Entry-level, so no negotiatiion. Starting salary is generous relative to the state of the economy and whatnot. Graciously accepted.

Risk Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in November 2014.

Interview

1. Campus Interview following application. Interviewed with 2 current RLDP full-time people- really nice, mix of personal and finance questions. 2. On site interview with 2 current RLDP employees and one Risk Analyst (5 years experience). Also got a tour. Beautiful place to work and the trade floor is amazing. Again, mix of personal and finance questions. Really nice and passionate guys

Interview Questions

• Stuff learned in basic finance, leadership, teamwork, what drives you   Answer Question