The Hartford

The Hartford Inside Sales Interview Questions

2.5

2 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all interviews

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in June 2009.

Immediately after submitting the online application a "test" pops up to complete. If you pass which is basically some personality and math questions then you receive a phone call to come in. They do not explain that the next phase is another test that can take up to three hours. Take test on computer in their location which tests for IQ/Skills/Personality. If pass you receive an e-mail inviting you in for a actual interview and tour and told to figure 2-3 hours. Upon arriving you are shown a video on a TV in the waiting room that just shows employees touting how wonderful the Hartford is. After watching the video you interview with the HR Manager. She explains the job in painful nitty gritty detail. For example when its time for break it is at 12:15 not 12:14 or 12:16 but exactly at 12:15. Unless you are a complete moron or totally desparate at this point you get the immediate sense the company is not all that. Next you get a tour through cublcle land. I saw several phone reps with their shows off and feet propped on waste baskets. Atmosphere is very drab and depressing. Certaining did not see any smiley faced here. Next 2 interviews are with a supervisor and then sales manager. Both stress more than anything how important it is to be available to take calls and keep the schedule. They monitor phone calls on a regular basis.

Interview Questions
  • If hired how long do you think you'd work for the Hartford   Answer Question

Mere $12 per hour, terrible work hours, employees are treated like children and not respected. Turnover rate is 50% in the first year which says it all!

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Inside Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Hartford in August 2011.

I applied and was called very soon after for a phone interview, which went well. I was then asked to come in for an in person interview the following week. The in person interview was with two managers and it went extremely well. I was then called back with an offer about two days later.

Interview Questions