The Hartford

Average Difficulty
4 candidate interviews Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

New York, NY

I interviewed at The Hartford in April 2013.

Interview Details – First round phone interview then super day in the City with 8 half hour interviews in a row with different people in the department.

Interview Question – None, very predictable interview   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Gave me a couple days to decide.

Intern

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – Got an interview through my university. They do two phone interviews followed by an on site interview. I only did the phone interviews. Many "Name a situation where.." questions and others alike it.

Interview Question – Why the Hartford?   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – Phone screening followed by 3 person interview

Interview Question – Asked why i chose the hartford and to relate my course work to current events.   Answer Question

Intern

I applied online and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in November 2010.

Interview Details – Two Phone interviews
   - The first mainly consisting of behavioral questions. Short Duration 10-20 minutes. Interviewer from HR less technical knowledge that second interviewer.
   - The second consisted of previous work and school experiences and run down of resume. Case scenario questions. Interviewer in group interviewing for, expect interviewer to understand the majority of classes taken. Lasted 45 minutes.

Third Interview ( 3 Interviews in person)
  - All applicants in the third round( full time and part time) are gathered in a room together. Given a group tour of the building, and given the chance to ask questions to worker fairly new to the program. Each interview is roughly an hour long in duration. Lunch is provided.

- First Interview
     Questions revolve around your personality, leadership qualities, behavior questions, and if the applicant is a good fit for the company.

- Second Interview
    Run down of resume, Puzzle questions, Behavior questions.

- Third Interview
    Case Review, Given a packet on a certain situation and asked to give a formal presentation in 45 minutes.

Interview Question – You have 100 doors in a row that are all initially closed. you make 100 passes by the doors starting with the first door every time. the first time through you visit every door and toggle the door (if the door is closed, you open it, if its open, you close it). the second time you only visit every 2nd door (door #2, #4, #6). the third time, every 3rd door (door #3, #6, #9), etc, until you only visit the 100th door.

question: what state are the doors in after the last pass? which are open which are closed?
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotiating is not available to interns

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hartford

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!

The Hartford Videos

The Hartford – Why Work for Us?

​​Overview​​ ​​​The Hartford spirit is collaborative, collegial, and community oriented because our culture is rooted in shared values. Our employees live the values of integrity, teamwork, customer focus, financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Hartford Intern interview questions and advice. All 4 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Hartford employees and interview candidates.