The Hartford

Getting the Interview

154 candidate interviews
Relevance Date Difficulty

Program Manager Interview

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – This was an internal hire. I applied for the position on our internal platform and immediately after posting I received a generic HR message stating that my candidacy was being considered by the hiring staff. Approximately 1 week after I completed my submission I received an email invitation to speak with an HR specialist. The HR specialist was nice and prompt in his message to me. He properly coordinated a phone interview with me for the following week. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, for which the HR specialist was on time and professional. The questions were pretty easy, straight forward, behavioral interview questions. I was asked 5-6 questions before being advised of next steps and being asked if I had any questions. I ended up interviewing with the hiring manager and another individual from that department. That particular interview lasted approximately 2 hours. There wasn't really anything unexpected from a question perspective. Interview was more of a conversation which was great. The hiring manager and this other individual made me feel at ease. It was probably one of the better interviewing experiences for me. After that interview I did have a second interview with a senior leader of the company. This interview lasted approximately 1 hour and was more difficult than the previous interviews. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What frustrates you about people?   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a current employee who passed my resume along to management, had a phone interview with HR and then a physical interview with two supervisors and then a manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was really irate
What is your biggest weakness
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotation in general. As my first job out of college I felt like I had no room to negotiate stuff like pay, I have since changed that aspect with open communication.

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

I applied through other source and interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – The interviewing process if very long, I went through three different interviews and 5 different interviewers. It was not a difficult interview; however, it was very long. No on line test, which was really good.

Negotiation Details – It was not difficult; met in the middle.

We want your feedback – Is this interview information helpful to you?  Yes | No

Small Commercial Underwriter Trainee Interview

San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Hartford in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by them in late 2013. This would've been a steep paycut and a stepdown for me, but I was ready to do it because I was excited about entering the P&C market and leaving the healthcare market behind. I expressed this to the 5 different interviewers over the 2 hours I was with them at their office in West San Antonio, but it seemed that my answer was unsatisfactory, because they asked "why are you leaving your position" about 5 different ways, 5 different times. It almost felt like they had made up their minds about me before even walking in, and just needed some filler candidates to reject. (A strategy I've seen firsthand employed at other companies)

Interview Question – Nothing but the standard questions. Google "common interview questions" and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Customer Care Analyst Interview

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – Very good interview process. After applying online and taking the skills test, I was contacted about 5 days later via phone by recruiter and had initial interview. Had second interview in person with potential manager and another remote manager. Questions where typical to the position I was applying for. Notified 1 week later that I got the position. I tried to negotiate salary but they were firm. Upon acceptance, they do a through criminal and employment verification check.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty typical. Pertaining to customer service, they want to here real life experiences rather than vague responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate for a 10% increase. The HR recruiter asked my supervisor but they wouldn't budge. They said company does annual reviews and have bonuses. Good thing is that I can apply for other positions after 12 months of service in current one.

TLDP Intern Interview

I applied through college or university and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – Phone interview through my colleges career services. Was asked to go into Hartford for a full day interview. Had a group exercise to measure my ability to work into a team. Than had three one on one interviews.

Interview Question – Trace a package when a user clicks something on their web browser to the backend infrastructure   Answer Question

Business Analyst Interview

Business Analyst

Interviewed at The Hartford

Interview Details – Fair, standard for role

Interview Question – If money were no object, what would your ideal career be and why.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

Interviewed at The Hartford

Interview Details – The interview process began with an initial phone interview with an HR representative followed by an offer for an on-site interview. The on-site interview was fairly short with about 30 minutes spent with two interviewers and another 10-15 minutes spent with the HR representative. The phone interview and on-site interview happened within a matter of 2 - 3 weeks. However, it was longer to hear back following the on-site interview (6 weeks or so).

Interview Question – Behavioral question on negotiation skills.   Answer Question

Team Leader Interview

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in May 2010.

Interview Details – There will be an initial interview, at that session you will be required to take a psychological/behavioral profile, be prepared to spend 2 - 4 hours going through this process. Once you leave, they will perform a standard background check, police records, credit report etc.. If these are found to be acceptable you will get a second interview.

Interview Question – For entry level employees the questions are behavorial in nature and for management after the first interview session the questioning becomes focused on experiences and knowledge.   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Claims Representative

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – hour plus on line test before any interview.

Interview Question – most of the questions were not job related   View Answer

Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hartford

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!

The Hartford Videos

The Hartford – Why Work for Us?

​​Overview​​ ​​​The Hartford spirit is collaborative, collegial, and community oriented because our culture is rooted in shared values. Our employees live the values of integrity, teamwork, customer focus, financial… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Hartford interview questions and advice. All 154 interview reviews posted anonymously by The Hartford employees and interview candidates.