The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated Jul 28, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

The interview process was straight forward. Came to my school for a two round interview after quick screening on phone and simple online application. Few weeks later had three round on site interview and found out next day.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Hartford in July 2015.

Interview

I applied on their website, I was contacted by a recruiter for my schedule to set up a phone conference call with two managers (one hiring manager) for the following week. Phone interview went well, they will introduce themselves, then have you introduce yourself. They then ask some situational questions to get familiar with your background. They also want clarification on your experience and job descriptions. It is important you are able to tell them about The Hartford and why you are a good fit. Just did interview so offer still pends.

Interview Questions

• Describe yourself, why is the Hartford the place for you, irate customers and how you handle it... etc. nothing unexpected   Answer Question

Customer Care Analyst Interview

Application

The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in July 2015.

Interview

I completed the application on 6/29/15 in which I received two emails to complete the online assessment. The assessment took about 1 1/2 and was time sensitive. I completed the assessment on a Thursday 7/2/15 and was contacted the next Monday 7/6/15 for a phone interview. After I completed the interview I was contacted by another email about 2 days later to setup an in person interview. I did my interview the following week on Tuesday 7/14/15 and found out I got the job that Friday 7/17/15. Total time June 29th to July 17th.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What did you do to resolve the issue? Be extremely familiar with Behavioral Base Interview questions and have STAR ( situation/task/action/result answers ) interviewed by two managers   Answer Question

Premium Auditor Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

The interview process is Fairly straightforward. Interview consisted of an assessment, two phone interviews, one with recruiter then hiring manager, and an in person evaluation. Everyone with the company is very nice and accommodating.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about how you manage your workload or conflicting activities.   Answer Question

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT).

Interview

Applied through university recruiting. The process consisted of a phone screen, a phone interview, and a round robin consisting of panel and 1:1 interviews. Most questions were behavioral-type questions rather than quantitative.

Interview Questions

• How would you classify a group of claim adjuster write-ups to detect fraud?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Had a phone interview first where they decided my communication skills were good. Then was flown to Connecticut for a group interview. This group interview was similar to speed dating where you kept switching tables to interview with different people.

Interview Questions

• If you were cooking pasta and had left it on the stove for 10 minutes and the pasta was still not cooked, what would you do?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I had a two part interview. The first was with two people and they asked a ton of situational type questions. The interviewers were very nice and personable so this portion is fairly easy if you've prepared examples of situations to discuss. Next, I interviewed with another employee who asked more personality type questions. Both interviews lasted about an hour in total.

Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Urbana, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Hartford (Urbana, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

The interview was conducted on school campus. It lasted about 30 min. It consisted of very straightforward questions about previous experiences. There were lots of behavioral questions asked as well

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you dealt with a difficult client   Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hartford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in April 2015.

Interview

1:1 Interview with consultant. The interview was detailed towards past customer service experience. It was a pleasant experience with a professional staff member. They also wanted to know what type of interpersonal skills I had. What past experiences I had that applied to this job and why I wanted it. The proceeded to explain in detail the duties of the daily functions of the position.

Interview Questions

• I was asked about past experiences and how they aligned with the position I was applying for.   Answer Question

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Applied on The Hartford website for the Claims Summer internship. First was a phone interview with the recruiter, very casual and easy and she was very nice. Just about my resume and prior experiences. After about a week I was scheduled for a face to face interview at the office with two people. This was more about prior experiences dealing with difficult situations and customer service skills.