The Hartford

Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Had a face-to-face with 2 managers. They seemed un-coordinated in their questions, like they were talking over each other. However, they were pleasant to me most of the time. For a call center position, I felt that they prodded a little too deeply into my resume... but hey, that's the post-2009 job market we live in, huh?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you've dealt with a difficult customer?

Have you ever went above and beyond to fulfill a customer's request?

Answer Question

Claims Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Applied online, everything was smooth. I got invited to an interview about one week later. I also was required to attended a group information session about the company with fellow interviewees. Interview was pretty standard, mostly behavior questions. I was interviewed by two people one was a manager and one was a more recent member of the team.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress?
      What would you coder your greatest weakness?
      other behavioral questions.

Answer Question

Claim Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hartford.

on campus Interview, there is only one recruiter in the room. She directly jumped to the work experience parts on the resume, asked several questions about your past work experiences, and it seems like they want you have custom service work experience before.

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with difficult customers? Time management questions.   Answer Question

Premium Auditor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

They initially called me to schedule an interview at a specified time. That time comes, no call (this has happened before, some have been a few minutes late, that's understandable)

Hartford never called me.

If you could go lower than 1 star, I would

Premium Auditor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Applied online, then received an email the next week to take assessment math, situational, spelling which took a few hours. It was a timed test. No audit questions asked. In a few days the recruiter calls to schedule an interview.

Associate Claim Representative – Auto Physical Damage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Hartford.

Met with a current employee through a referral who set me up with an interview. I then had an actual interview with 2 employees in the claims department and then an interview with 1 manager (all in the same day). I received an offer within 3 days because they knew I had other offers to consider.

Annuities Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Applied via on line and completed and assessment. Called by a recruiter who was up front and told me they were in run off, Tried to talk me out of continuing. Had an interview with two managers and was later hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name something that you accomplished that was significant for others. Also research the company, they want to verify you know there history.   Answer Question

Insurance Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Initial communication was fast. Almost too fast because it seemed almost like a some sort of scam. The talent recruiter called and emailed multiple times until I completed a 90 minute online assessment. Again, not even 24 hours later I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The interview was good, mainly because the interviewers were extremely laid back and asked the questions in a conversational tone. As long as you've had sales and retail experience, you will do completely fine during the interview. I didn't even get back home and I had a missed call from them offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask some "example" questions related to sales and retail. As long as you've actually done one or the other, the questions aren't hard.   Answer Question
    They tell you your salary and things like time off in the interview, so there really is no negotiation. This is an entry level position and The Hartford seems to treat their employees well.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Hartford.

Email from recruiter two months after I applied for job asking me to take one of the last couple of interviews left for the job
    Brief phone interview with the recruiter day of in person interview a few hours earlier
    Great security at the door of person interview
    Building was in nice condition
    Was interviewed by two people in suits who then asked me if I could hold on an interview with two other people.
    The next two interviewers came in with jeans On
    Two days later I received a call from the recruiter with the offer

Interview Questions
    • Time you had to decline something and how the person took it   Answer Question
    I asked for 6000 more than what I got and they counter offered with a $5000 raise after I completed the three-month training program

Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

2 interviews one on one with the manager. second interview with the VP and was able to walk around and meet people. Afterwards you had to do a case study and present your findings on the risk; would you accept it, why or why not, what conditions, rate the policy, etc.

NA