The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated Sep 1, 2014
Updated Sep 1, 2014

2.9

Inside Sales Agent Interview

I applied in-person - interviewed at The Hartford in April 2013.

2 interviews. Easy process, great folks. Was contacted by a Hartford representative to discuss the possibility of becoming a Hartford agent. After discussing requirements/goals is seemed like a good fit. Met and talk with territory manger and hit it off. Fully appointed with 45 days and going well today.

Salary

Claim Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Hartford.

I had friends inside . I had 1 interview- It was fine, relaxed. Once I got my licence I was in. Just had to complete the licensing process which I did. After that I showed proof of the licence I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question. There was a test that was out of the norm.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but found later that others had.

Clinical Intake Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Applied online and completed assessment, was contacted by email for a phone interview 3 weeks later. Questions were basic and easy to follow. Referred for a second interview in person at the end of the conversation. Contacted by email 2 days later to set up second interview the following week. Second interview consisted of a 1:1 and someone on a conference call. Questions much more in detail with more specific job related questions. Many situational and behavioral type questions. Still waiting to hear of the outcome.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Hartford.

The interview process went well in contacting me, meeting the supervisor which was very friendly and polite. The overall process went quickly to start the training. I tested and passed the skills test. I did not have any difficulty with not understanding the process. People were very professional.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation process offered.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Hartford in August 2014.

Applied online and I completed a few simulated calls. Within a week I was contacted by phone and I had an phone interview followed by a face to face interview the next day. I was contacted by email, nonetheless, that I wasn't a match for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There is an abidance of call centers in San Antonio, why would you want to work at this one?   View Answer

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in June 2014.

I applied online, and was required to do a skills assessment within the next two days. About 3 weeks later, I received an email from a consultant for a phone interview for the following week. During the phone interview, I was offered a in-person interview for the following week. During the in-person interview, I first interviewed 1:1 with the training manager, then I did a panel interview with two different managers. I received a call about a week later, offering me the position, contingent to background check.

Interview Questions
    • what do you feel the 3 most difficult challenges are within this position, What do you know about The Hartford (very important, I was asked during phone and in-person interview), Why should we hire you, Name a time that you had a disagreement with upper management   Answer Question
    The offer was not negotiable.

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2013.

I first found the application for the internship on my school's career website. I completed the application in November, and was contacted shortly after by the company to set up interviews. As I was an out of town candidate, I proceeded with a short phone interview of about 30 minutes with one of the program managers. I moved forward to the next round and had an hour long phone interview with another manager and the program director in December. I was contacted two weeks later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What technology blogs do you follow, or how do you stay current in the technology field?
      What is the most interesting piece of new technology you have read about?
        Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. They give a set salary of $20/hr and then decrease it to $17/hr if you require housing for the summer.

Auto Claims Processor Interview

I applied online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Hartford.

Applied to Indianapolis office. Submitted lengthy application, pre-hire assessment, and extensive background check documents. Received an email for a phone interview next day, on site interview the week after. Get a call two business days later from someone in Connecticut I didn't interview with to tell me I was being referred to a different position. Someone else in Oklahoma calls 10 minutes later to tell me to re-apply and set up yet another interview for a position that pays 33% less than what I interviewed for. Found out they re-posted the position just hours after I interviewed for it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a creative solution you reached for a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

I had my first interview with the local senior executive. He was very informative and encouraging. Once he decided to speak to me further he set up an interview with the head boss in Dallas, TX. The senior executive flew us to Dallas for the interview with the big boss. It went well. I was very nervous but they were both very nice and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something you are not good at.   View Answer
    He asked what salary I needed and I gave him a number. He gave me another number much better than I had requested and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I applied online - interviewed at The Hartford.

Behavioral-based interview. Lots of questions about "tell me about a time when" for example "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer or situation." What happened, how did you deal with it, and what was the outcome. Before the interview write down experiences from other jobs where things went great and other experiences where things did not go great and be able to tell about these things. Look on line at behavioral interview questions to help you prepare.

Interview Questions

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!