The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated Apr 11, 2015
Updated Apr 11, 2015

2.9

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Had a phone interview first where they decided my communication skills were good. Then was flown to Connecticut for a group interview. This group interview was similar to speed dating where you kept switching tables to interview with different people.

Interview Questions

• If you were cooking pasta and had left it on the stove for 10 minutes and the pasta was still not cooked, what would you do?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

I had a two part interview. The first was with two people and they asked a ton of situational type questions. The interviewers were very nice and personable so this portion is fairly easy if you've prepared examples of situations to discuss. Next, I interviewed with another employee who asked more personality type questions. Both interviews lasted about an hour in total.

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Applied on The Hartford website for the Claims Summer internship. First was a phone interview with the recruiter, very casual and easy and she was very nice. Just about my resume and prior experiences. After about a week I was scheduled for a face to face interview at the office with two people. This was more about prior experiences dealing with difficult situations and customer service skills.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Multiple one on one interviews with different leaders within the business segment, Waited in a conference room and was explained the process before speaking with interviewer. Was offered water and setting was comfortable.

Underwriter Interview

Interview

The online application process took around an hour to complete. It asked all the basics, as well as a personality test. I waa then contacted by email to set up a telephone interview. They were very accomodating when setting a date and time. My interviewer called about 15 minutes late, but he did apologize.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to describe the most complex task i perform at my current position.   Answer Question

AARP Sales Consultant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

First there was a phone interview. About 30-45 minutes long. Two days later I went in for an interview with two managers. It was a behavioral interview with scenario questions. I made sure to give specific examples for the questions they asked and I felt extremely. It was overall I very enjoyable process.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to meet a quota for sales at a job..
      What interests you in the Hartford?

Answer Question

Customer Care Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford (Windsor, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

I sent in my application and received a call about 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Had my interview and it went great. I thought I had nailed it and felt really confident. They told me I would hear back in a week or two because they had other interviews, but I received an email 4 days later saying that I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, and were able to solve their problem.   Answer Question

STD Claims Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Hartford (Orlando, FL) in March 2015.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter to apply for the position. Once I completed the app and personality test I was contacted the next day to set up a phone interview for the following day. During the phone interview I was asked about info on my resume and my prior experience on from my jobs. I was then set up for an in-person interview 4 days later. The in-person interview lasted about 25 mins and they asked behavioral/critical thinking type questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell about a time you did something that was not a part of your job description   Answer Question

Premium Auditor Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford (Long Island City, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

First there was an online exam based on math and situational questions. Next I was contacted for a phone interview with someone from Human Resources. Then, one more phone interview with the hiring manager. Had I been accepted to move on I believe there would have been one more in-person interview with regional manager and hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you went out of your way to help a customer.   Answer Question

TPA Services Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Called a week later for interview with two people. They seemed to be a little disorganized and 20 minutes late to the interview. Overall it was all right but I was not challenged.

Interview Questions

• Why was I looking for a job? Why was I interested in this position?   1 Answer