The Hartford Interview Questions & Reviews

170 interviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took a day - interviewed at The Hartford.

The interview process went well in contacting me, meeting the supervisor which was very friendly and polite. The overall process went quickly to start the training. I tested and passed the skills test. I did not have any difficulty with not understanding the process. People were very professional.

Interview Questions
    There was not a negotiation process offered.

Anonymous Employee  in  San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Employee in San Antonio, TX

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Hartford in August 2014.

Applied online and I completed a few simulated calls. Within a week I was contacted by phone and I had an phone interview followed by a face to face interview the next day. I was contacted by email, nonetheless, that I wasn't a match for the position.

Interview Questions
    • There is an abidance of call centers in San Antonio, why would you want to work at this one?   View Answer

Customer Relationship Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Charlotte, NC
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlotte, NC

I interviewed online. The process took 6 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in June 2014.

I applied online, and was required to do a skills assessment within the next two days. About 3 weeks later, I received an email from a consultant for a phone interview for the following week. During the phone interview, I was offered a in-person interview for the following week. During the in-person interview, I first interviewed 1:1 with the training manager, then I did a panel interview with two different managers. I received a call about a week later, offering me the position, contingent to background check.

Interview Questions
    • what do you feel the 3 most difficult challenges are within this position, What do you know about The Hartford (very important, I was asked during phone and in-person interview), Why should we hire you, Name a time that you had a disagreement with upper management   Answer Question
    The offer was not negotiable.

Technology Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2013.

I first found the application for the internship on my school's career website. I completed the application in November, and was contacted shortly after by the company to set up interviews. As I was an out of town candidate, I proceeded with a short phone interview of about 30 minutes with one of the program managers. I moved forward to the next round and had an hour long phone interview with another manager and the program director in December. I was contacted two weeks later and offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • What technology blogs do you follow, or how do you stay current in the technology field?
      What is the most interesting piece of new technology you have read about?
        Answer Question
    Not much negotiation. They give a set salary of $20/hr and then decrease it to $17/hr if you require housing for the summer.

Auto Claims Processor Interview

I interviewed online. The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Hartford.

Applied to Indianapolis office. Submitted lengthy application, pre-hire assessment, and extensive background check documents. Received an email for a phone interview next day, on site interview the week after. Get a call two business days later from someone in Connecticut I didn't interview with to tell me I was being referred to a different position. Someone else in Oklahoma calls 10 minutes later to tell me to re-apply and set up yet another interview for a position that pays 33% less than what I interviewed for. Found out they re-posted the position just hours after I interviewed for it.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a creative solution you reached for a difficult problem?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Lubbock, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

I interviewed in-person. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

I had my first interview with the local senior executive. He was very informative and encouraging. Once he decided to speak to me further he set up an interview with the head boss in Dallas, TX. The senior executive flew us to Dallas for the interview with the big boss. It went well. I was very nervous but they were both very nice and encouraging.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me something you are not good at.   View Answer
    He asked what salary I needed and I gave him a number. He gave me another number much better than I had requested and I accepted.

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Oklahoma City, OK
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oklahoma City, OK

I interviewed online - interviewed at The Hartford.

Behavioral-based interview. Lots of questions about "tell me about a time when" for example "Tell me about a time you dealt with a difficult customer or situation." What happened, how did you deal with it, and what was the outcome. Before the interview write down experiences from other jobs where things went great and other experiences where things did not go great and be able to tell about these things. Look on line at behavioral interview questions to help you prepare.

Operations Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in July 2013.

Met on campus and interviewed with HR and 2 program reps. Then made it to final round interviews at The Hartford consisting of interviews with senior leaders and program reps. Did a group interview activity to see how I worked in a group. Questions where standard. They really looked for how i got along with everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Team building activity to prioritize items if abandoned at sea.   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I interviewed through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Hartford in March 2013.

Interviewed on-campus at Arizona State. Two interviews same-day, about 30-45 min each. All behavioral questions. Was really a "get to know you" type of interview. Received phone call about a week later with employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just the generic, "tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer or teammate and how did you handle the scenario". Cookie-cutter questions that anyone should be able to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I interviewed through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2010.

Interview for officer level includes a 2 day "hokus pokus" interview / shrink exam with a PHD. Absolutely ridiculous. Amazing that they spend so much money - as it obviously doesn't work.

Interview Questions
    Relatively easy - except that they reneged on purchasing my home after I have relocated. The real estate market was collapsing - and they refused to honor a purchase price that was extended by a 3rd party relocation company that they had contracted to work with me during my move.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!