The Hartford

Updated Jan 21, 2015
Updated Jan 21, 2015

2.9

Annuities Service Specialist Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Applied via on line and completed and assessment. Called by a recruiter who was up front and told me they were in run off, Tried to talk me out of continuing. Had an interview with two managers and was later hired.

Interview Questions
    • Name something that you accomplished that was significant for others. Also research the company, they want to verify you know there history.   Answer Question

Insurance Advisor Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Initial communication was fast. Almost too fast because it seemed almost like a some sort of scam. The talent recruiter called and emailed multiple times until I completed a 90 minute online assessment. Again, not even 24 hours later I was called and asked to come in for an interview. The interview was good, mainly because the interviewers were extremely laid back and asked the questions in a conversational tone. As long as you've had sales and retail experience, you will do completely fine during the interview. I didn't even get back home and I had a missed call from them offering me the position.

Interview Questions
    • They ask some "example" questions related to sales and retail. As long as you've actually done one or the other, the questions aren't hard.   Answer Question
    They tell you your salary and things like time off in the interview, so there really is no negotiation. This is an entry level position and The Hartford seems to treat their employees well.

Underwriter Trainee Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Hartford.

Email from recruiter two months after I applied for job asking me to take one of the last couple of interviews left for the job
    Brief phone interview with the recruiter day of in person interview a few hours earlier
    Great security at the door of person interview
    Building was in nice condition
    Was interviewed by two people in suits who then asked me if I could hold on an interview with two other people.
    The next two interviewers came in with jeans On
    Two days later I received a call from the recruiter with the offer

Interview Questions
    • Time you had to decline something and how the person took it   Answer Question
    I asked for 6000 more than what I got and they counter offered with a $5000 raise after I completed the three-month training program

Underwriter Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

2 interviews one on one with the manager. second interview with the VP and was able to walk around and meet people. Afterwards you had to do a case study and present your findings on the risk; would you accept it, why or why not, what conditions, rate the policy, etc.

NA

Associate Claims Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Hartford.

Two sets of interviews on the same day. Pretty standard stuff about your resume and qualifications. Kind of weird in that the interviewers were potential co-workers if I receive a job offer and not typical Human Resources associates. Overall a positive experience with nothing too tough. The interviewers were very nice, yet pretty difficult to impress. They were all highly educated and gave as much information as they requested. The only downside is that they expected you to know much more about the job than you could. It was an entry level position but they made me feel that they wanted an experienced claim handler. This is why I feel they should of had an HR representative in the room as well.

Interview Questions
    • How would you proceed with an assignment that was based on a tough red-lined paperback?   View Answer

LTD Claims Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hartford.

3 interviewers
    The process was easy. First they explain what the job is. Second they start going around and asking questions. You have 30 min for the interview. Then, all you do is relax and go with the flow. The good thing was my interview was inside school compus, they started talking about the school and any upcoming tests.

Interview Questions
    • Give us situation where you were challenged and excelled it?   Answer Question

Leave Management Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Interviewed on campus through recruiting. There were three team leaders who tag teamed the interview questions. All three were very nice, and very attentive to my answers. I felt very much at ease and felt like I nailed the interview. I went in to the interview as more of an informational interview, but left really wanting the job. Easy questions. Laid back environment.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Aurora, IL

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford in December 2014.

I interviewed at the Aurora, Il location. First off the interviewers were a couple minutes late. The interview was held by two team leads who were not managers(red flag). During the entire interview the two leads kept looking at each other as if they didn't know what they were doing. The interview consisted of three situation questions then it was over. There was no explanation of company, position ect. Needless to say I didn't want the position once I found out they weren't managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied online and received phone interview 2 weeks without any notification. Haven't heard back from them since then. They should have notified me through email first before they interviewed me.

Operations & Technology LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Hartford.

Apply Online --> Phone Interview --> On-Campus Interview --> Home Office Interview

Applied online through my Uni's career services website and through The Hartford's internal career site

Phone interview was a pleasant surprise; had an intern call me from HR asking if I was still interested ~ a week after applying online. A couple of days later, an HR recruiting rep called me to talk about my resume, etc.

On-Campus interview was a typical 1-on-1 sit down and talk style interview. Really enjoyed this one, the recruiting manager for my school was a wonderful guy.

Home Office Interview consists of a tour, a group thing, a 1-on-1, and a case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was brutal. I may be a bit biased because I am an accounting major, but the case study seemed to be entirely focused on understanding database information systems. The Hartford considers almost all majors for the LDP, granted you have a somewhat relatable field of interest. They should keep in mind that not all interviewees have educational backgrounds in management information systems. If you don't understand the intricacies of data flow through specific MIS charts, you are most likely going to stumble through the case study.   Answer Question
    Entry-level, so no negotiatiion. Starting salary is generous relative to the state of the economy and whatnot. Graciously accepted.