Getting an Interview
Getting an Interview
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hartford
- Customer Service Representative (11)
- Underwriter (10)
- Associate Claim Representative (9)
- Intern (7)
- Premium Auditor (6)
- Customer Care Specialist (6)
- Claims Adjuster (6)
- Claims (5)
- Consultant (5)
- Director (4)
- Sales Representative (4)
- Claim Representative (4)
- Claims Representative (4)
- Actuarial (4)
- Underwriter Trainee (3)
- Analyst (3)
- Customer Care Representative (3)
- Project Manager (3)
- Business Analyst (3)
- Small Commercial Underwriter Trainee (3)
- Manager (3)
- Associate Claims Representative (3)
- Technology Leadership Development Program (3)
- Physical Damage Only Auto Claims Handler (2)
- LTD Analyst (2)
- Long Term Disability Analyst (2)
- Clinical Intake Nurse (2)
- AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance (2)
- Financial Analyst (2)
- Program Manager (2)
- No OfferNegative ExperienceDifficult Interview
I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.
First I had a phone interview with the recruiter discussing my resume. Then a panel interview with two claims managers who asked several scenario questions. Then an interview with a claims manager and director together. I have learned that when they say they need two weeks to make a decision, you aren't selected. Every interview was full of scenario questions that took 45 mins to an hour. Some redundent. They also focus on mistakes, weaknesses and anything youve learned from in your career.
- scenario. 3 strengths and weaknesses, mistake you have made. a time where you had to sell out a coworker. etc. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ).
Depends on who you interview with. Hiring process was fairly quick. Offer followed within a couple days and employment began at the start of the next upcoming training class. The interview was typical, no surprises. Testing was also typical grammar, math, personality.
- No OfferNegative ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.
First was a phone interview, the recruiter called me late so no behavior questions were asked at all. Just went over my background and the job. Listed the pay (45k) which made me genuinely want this job. Was selected to come in for an in person interview with 2 people. They were very nice, but they didn't ask me ANY behavioral questions which lead me to believe I wasn't really in consideration for the position, I listed it as negative because I felt like this was wasting my time. I felt as though the phone recruiter just set up everybody after really selling the position and I really wasn't being considered. The interviewers themselves were friendly and made me feel comfortable I just think they knew before I came in that they didn't want me. They just asked why The Hartford and what did I want out of a company. I have switched careers a lot in the last few years but I recently got my AA so I was hoping to start out my career while I finish my Bachelors. From reading other reviews I knew that since they didn't have anyone else interview me I knew I wasn't selected as soon as I walked out. I confirmed this by checking on my application status on the website and less than 4 hours after my interview it said I was no longer being considered.
- What about The Hartford attracted you to this position, what are you looking for from a job to ensure you stay, why did you leave your previous positions (they went over my whole resume) Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2015.
I submitted an application online and was emailed to set up a telephone interview with a talent acquisition specialists. The telephone interview was conducted a week after applying online. The interview lasted 30 minutes and I was advised I would be contacted within a couple days if the hiring managers wanted to conduct an interview.
- Why do you want to work for this company? Answer Question
- Accepted OfferNeutral ExperienceEasy Interview
I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at The Hartford.
The interview process was straight forward. Came to my school for a two round interview after quick screening on phone and simple online application. Few weeks later had three round on site interview and found out next day.
- Describe a bond. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceEasy Interview
The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford in July 2015.
I completed the application on 6/29/15 in which I received two emails to complete the online assessment. The assessment took about 1 1/2 and was time sensitive. I completed the assessment on a Thursday 7/2/15 and was contacted the next Monday 7/6/15 for a phone interview. After I completed the interview I was contacted by another email about 2 days later to setup an in person interview. I did my interview the following week on Tuesday 7/14/15 and found out I got the job that Friday 7/17/15. Total time June 29th to July 17th.
- Tell me a time you had to deal with a difficult customer? What did you do to resolve the issue? Be extremely familiar with Behavioral Base Interview questions and have STAR ( situation/task/action/result answers ) interviewed by two managers Answer Question
- No OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford in July 2015.
I was a referral by a friend in the company, but that was it. I did my own application. Sent in my own resume and did my own interview. I got a phone call same day as my application went threw, did a one on one phone interview and the lady in the phone told me I would have another interview in house. It was in the morning, went in and everything went smoothly. Me being a restaurant manager for so long, to me this was one of my most difficult interviews, but I was ready with whatever they had. I think I did very well, I studied the company and made sure I had answers for everything. They told me they are still doing interviews for a week or 2, so I am waiting on that. 1 week later now, I am still waiting on a call, no phone call for offer yet. I will update you all with anything new.
- Why do you want to work for The Hartford? Answer Question
- No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2015.
I only was able to get a phone interview. During that interview they ask for 10 years worth of job experience. They also ask behavioral interview questions. The interviewer was cordial but seemed rushed. Make sure you thoroughly look up the job you apply for.
- Tell me a time when you had to handle a difficult situation at work and the result. Answer Question
Helpful (1)Accepted OfferPositive ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford.
The interview process is Fairly straightforward. Interview consisted of an assessment, two phone interviews, one with recruiter then hiring manager, and an in person evaluation. Everyone with the company is very nice and accommodating.
- Tell me about how you manage your workload or conflicting activities. Answer Question
Helpful (5)No OfferNeutral ExperienceAverage Interview
I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at The Hartford (Hartford, CT).
Applied through university recruiting. The process consisted of a phone screen, a phone interview, and a round robin consisting of panel and 1:1 interviews. Most questions were behavioral-type questions rather than quantitative.
- How would you classify a group of claim adjuster write-ups to detect fraud? Answer Question
Is this helpful? The community relies on everyone sharing – Add Anonymous Interview Review