The Hartford

Updated Nov 23, 2014
Updated Nov 23, 2014

2.9

Actuarial Interview

I applied online and received phone interview 2 weeks without any notification. Haven't heard back from them since then. They should have notified me through email first before they interviewed me.

Operations & Technology LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Hartford.

Apply Online --> Phone Interview --> On-Campus Interview --> Home Office Interview

Applied online through my Uni's career services website and through The Hartford's internal career site

Phone interview was a pleasant surprise; had an intern call me from HR asking if I was still interested ~ a week after applying online. A couple of days later, an HR recruiting rep called me to talk about my resume, etc.

On-Campus interview was a typical 1-on-1 sit down and talk style interview. Really enjoyed this one, the recruiting manager for my school was a wonderful guy.

Home Office Interview consists of a tour, a group thing, a 1-on-1, and a case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was brutal. I may be a bit biased because I am an accounting major, but the case study seemed to be entirely focused on understanding database information systems. The Hartford considers almost all majors for the LDP, granted you have a somewhat relatable field of interest. They should keep in mind that not all interviewees have educational backgrounds in management information systems. If you don't understand the intricacies of data flow through specific MIS charts, you are most likely going to stumble through the case study.   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I was first introduced to the company at a career fair. After submitting an application online, I was contacted for an on-campus interview. All of the recruiters that I spoke with were very personable and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I applied online as well as through my university. Did an hour and a half online assessment and then a few weeks later received an email requesting to set up an on-campus interview. The first interview was very laid back and more of a conversation than an interview. The interviewer was very polite and easy to talk to. Two weeks later I received another email asking to set up a second-round interview on campus. This time I was interviewed by two people, and it was extremely similar to the first being very laid back and more of a conversation. I received an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. All behavioral based and looking for examples from your past work.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I'd say, for the most part, the hiring and interview process for this position was pretty straightforward. I felt that it was pretty easy, provided you do your proper research and preparation. For the job that I went for I didn't experience too many rounds of interviewing, although it's not uncommon for other positions to require 5+. I lucked out.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really encounter any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    They came to the table with one price and I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Senior Trial Counsel Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Six interviews, including one in-person. Very friendly. Very efficient. Multiple levels of corporste hierarchy with several executives. In-house recruiter was main contact throughout. Took about a month. Waiting for offer.

Inside Sales Agent Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Antonio, TX

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Hartford in October 2014.

Was contacted the next day after i took the assesesment online,did an interview over the phone and face to face a week after, they called me the next day to make me an offer,the managers were really nice and questions were not hard at all

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about an stressful situation at work and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Underwriting Operations Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hoboken, NJ

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in September 2014.

I met with the hiring manager for the position and had a very standard conversational interview for slightly longer than 1 hour. I was supposed to meet with 2 interviewers, but due to a lack of proper planning the second interviewer never showed.

I was asked back for a 2nd and final round of interviews. I interviewed with the previous interviewer who was unavailable during my first visit to The Hartford's Hoboken office and the office's department head.

The department head had a sheet which listed many difficult and in-depth behavioral questions that I had to answer.

Overall, a slightly-above-average difficulty interview process for what seemed to be a low-responsibility position. Regardless, the interviewers were very professional and friendly throughout the process.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time that you had to deal with a morally / ethically difficult situation. What did you do and how did you learn from it?

The interviewer also asked a lot of other very standard behavioral interview questions off of a list.
        Answer Question

I received a competitive offer from another company for a very similar position that had more responsibility and a better commute.

Claim Representative Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Hartford.

I had friends inside . I had 1 interview- It was fine, relaxed. Once I got my licence I was in. Just had to complete the licensing process which I did. After that I showed proof of the licence I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
    • no difficult question. There was a test that was out of the norm.   Answer Question
    I did not negotiate but found later that others had.

Clinical Intake Nurse Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Applied online and completed assessment, was contacted by email for a phone interview 3 weeks later. Questions were basic and easy to follow. Referred for a second interview in person at the end of the conversation. Contacted by email 2 days later to set up second interview the following week. Second interview consisted of a 1:1 and someone on a conference call. Questions much more in detail with more specific job related questions. Many situational and behavioral type questions. Still waiting to hear of the outcome.