The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated Mar 18, 2015
Updated Mar 18, 2015

2.9

Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Multiple one on one interviews with different leaders within the business segment, Waited in a conference room and was explained the process before speaking with interviewer. Was offered water and setting was comfortable.

Underwriter Interview

The online application process took around an hour to complete. It asked all the basics, as well as a personality test. I waa then contacted by email to set up a telephone interview. They were very accomodating when setting a date and time. My interviewer called about 15 minutes late, but he did apologize.

Interview Questions
    • I was asked to describe the most complex task i perform at my current position.   Answer Question

AARP Sales Consultant Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Hartford.

First there was a phone interview. About 30-45 minutes long. Two days later I went in for an interview with two managers. It was a behavioral interview with scenario questions. I made sure to give specific examples for the questions they asked and I felt extremely. It was overall I very enjoyable process.

Interview Questions
    • Give an example of a time when you had to meet a quota for sales at a job..
      What interests you in the Hartford?

Customer Care Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Employee in Windsor, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in March 2015.

I sent in my application and received a call about 2 weeks later to set up an interview. Had my interview and it went great. I thought I had nailed it and felt really confident. They told me I would hear back in a week or two because they had other interviews, but I received an email 4 days later saying that I was no longer a candidate.

Interview Questions
    • Name a time when you dealt with a difficult customer, and were able to solve their problem.   Answer Question

Customer Care Specialist Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Had a face-to-face with 2 managers. They seemed un-coordinated in their questions, like they were talking over each other. However, they were pleasant to me most of the time. For a call center position, I felt that they prodded a little too deeply into my resume... but hey, that's the post-2009 job market we live in, huh?

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time you've dealt with a difficult customer?

Have you ever went above and beyond to fulfill a customer's request?

Claims Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Applied online, everything was smooth. I got invited to an interview about one week later. I also was required to attended a group information session about the company with fellow interviewees. Interview was pretty standard, mostly behavior questions. I was interviewed by two people one was a manager and one was a more recent member of the team.

Interview Questions
    • How do you handle stress?
      What would you coder your greatest weakness?
      other behavioral questions.

Claim Summer Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hartford.

on campus Interview, there is only one recruiter in the room. She directly jumped to the work experience parts on the resume, asked several questions about your past work experiences, and it seems like they want you have custom service work experience before.

Interview Questions
    • how to deal with difficult customers? Time management questions.   Answer Question

Premium Auditor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

They initially called me to schedule an interview at a specified time. That time comes, no call (this has happened before, some have been a few minutes late, that's understandable)

Hartford never called me.

If you could go lower than 1 star, I would

Premium Auditor Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Applied online, then received an email the next week to take assessment math, situational, spelling which took a few hours. It was a timed test. No audit questions asked. In a few days the recruiter calls to schedule an interview.

Associate Claim Representative – Auto Physical Damage Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN
    Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ weekinterviewed at The Hartford.

Met with a current employee through a referral who set me up with an interview. I then had an actual interview with 2 employees in the claims department and then an interview with 1 manager (all in the same day). I received an offer within 3 days because they knew I had other offers to consider.