The Hartford Sales & Underwriting Internship Interview Questions

2.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Sales & Underwriting Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (San Francisco, CA) in April 2012.

Interview

First, I had the phone interview with the HR person for about 30 mins. They asked behavior questions such as how did you handle the struggles in a team project, what are your strengths and weaknesses, how did you find out about the internship, what is your experience that relates to the positon?... Then at the end of the phone interview, they offered me the on-site interview in San Francisco with the regional vice president. When I showed up in their office on the interview day, there were two other mid-level employees in the interview panel which I hadn't expected. Nonetheless, the interview went well, mostly informal and conversational. Questions such as: what classes have you taken? Do you see yourself in the position? They called me 3 days after the in-person interview and offered me the job. Overall impression about the interviewing process: HR person was very nice and helpful, office is well laid out, seems like the work environment is friendly and supportive, teamwork oriented.

Interview Questions

• Do you see yourself doing the jobs that are required in this position?   Answer Question
  • What team projects have you done and how did you handle the difficulties?   Answer Question