The Hartford Interview Questions

Updated Oct 17, 2014

2.9

AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Applied online and had an employee referral. Received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview which was scheduled for two days after that. The phone interview was a review of the job and my qualifications, pretty easy. At the end of that conversation I was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. Went to the office the following Monday and met with a manager. The interview was a lot of behavioral questions... make sure you have some examples from previous work experience/schooling. The in person interview took an hour. Dress professionally and be ready to give examples and you should be fine. Everybody I spoke with was very nice and helped me understand the requirements of the position. I received a job offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there were no opportunities for advancement after five or six years?   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

It is not very difficult. just regular behavior questions like how to deal with some specific situations.Also asked to design a product for them given some constraints. The interviewers are very nice, not knowing the answers during the interview

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Excellent conversation with AVP for the department. Very standard behavioral interview. Was an exploratory interview to determine if I was a fit for the organization. AVP was very friendly and sold me on the organization. Additionally, I was referred to several employees to discuss the type of work further as we wait for positions to become available.

Agency Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied online. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

I applied online and within roughly 90 days I received a phone call from a Recruiting Manager looking to fill a slot for an Agency Customer Service Representative position immediately. I did a phone interview with him for 45 minutes and he gave me an in-person interview for the following day. The in-person interview was hosted by a Billing Manager in-person and an Agency Department Manager over the phone. I was offered the position the next business day. I started two weeks following the offer.

Interview Questions
    • General Interview Questions, they are looking for very specific examples!   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 daysinterviewed at The Hartford.

Campus job posting

Program Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

This was an internal hire. I applied for the position on our internal platform and immediately after posting I received a generic HR message stating that my candidacy was being considered by the hiring staff. Approximately 1 week after I completed my submission I received an email invitation to speak with an HR specialist. The HR specialist was nice and prompt in his message to me. He properly coordinated a phone interview with me for the following week. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, for which the HR specialist was on time and professional. The questions were pretty easy, straight forward, behavioral interview questions. I was asked 5-6 questions before being advised of next steps and being asked if I had any questions. I ended up interviewing with the hiring manager and another individual from that department. That particular interview lasted approximately 2 hours. There wasn't really anything unexpected from a question perspective. Interview was more of a conversation which was great. The hiring manager and this other individual made me feel at ease. It was probably one of the better interviewing experiences for me. After that interview I did have a second interview with a senior leader of the company. This interview lasted approximately 1 hour and was more difficult than the previous interviews. Overall it was a good experience.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I was recommended by a current employee who passed my resume along to management, had a phone interview with HR and then a physical interview with two supervisors and then a manager.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if a customer was really irate
      What is your biggest weakness
        Answer Question
    Negotation in general. As my first job out of college I felt like I had no room to negotiate stuff like pay, I have since changed that aspect with open communication.

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Hartford.

The interviewing process if very long, I went through three different interviews and 5 different interviewers. It was not a difficult interview; however, it was very long. No on line test, which was really good.

It was not difficult; met in the middle.

Customer Care Analyst Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Very good interview process. After applying online and taking the skills test, I was contacted about 5 days later via phone by recruiter and had initial interview. Had second interview in person with potential manager and another remote manager. Questions where typical to the position I was applying for. Notified 1 week later that I got the position. I tried to negotiate salary but they were firm. Upon acceptance, they do a through criminal and employment verification check.

Interview Questions
    • Questions were pretty typical. Pertaining to customer service, they want to here real life experiences rather than vague responses.   Answer Question
    I tried to negotiate for a 10% increase. The HR recruiter asked my supervisor but they wouldn't budge. They said company does annual reviews and have bonuses. Good thing is that I can apply for other positions after 12 months of service in current one.

TLDP Intern Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Phone interview through my colleges career services. Was asked to go into Hartford for a full day interview. Had a group exercise to measure my ability to work into a team. Than had three one on one interviews.

Interview Questions
    • Trace a package when a user clicks something on their web browser to the backend infrastructure   Answer Question