The Hartford

Relevance Date Difficulty

Agency Care Interview

Agency Care
Windsor, CT

I applied online and the process took 3 months - interviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Interview Details – I applied online and within roughly 90 days I received a phone call from a Recruiting Manager looking to fill a slot for an Agency Customer Service Representative position immediately. I did a phone interview with him for 45 minutes and he gave me an in-person interview for the following day. The in-person interview was hosted by a Billing Manager in-person and an Agency Department Manager over the phone. I was offered the position the next business day. I started two weeks following the offer.

Interview Question – General Interview Questions, they are looking for very specific examples!   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I was not able to negotiate.

Business Consultant Interview

Business Consultant

I applied through other source and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in January 2010.

Interview Details – Interviewed w/ the manager once as an internal candidate. Manager was provided with a candidate questionnaire/assessment from my current manager. Interview went well, the position seemed like a good fit, However, my current manager informed me someone else was picked but they could offer me a PT position in addition to my normal duties. I came to find out that wasn't true and that they wanted to offer me a second position that had opened up, but my current manager told them I wasn't interested.

Interview Question – Was asked about an incident I had with a sales partner, which I didn't even know they were aware of. Since the prospective position was very much a corss-functional position, the hiring manager wanted to assess how I handled this interpersonal conflict.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Project Manager

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 3 days - interviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Interview Details – Excellent conversation with AVP for the department. Very standard behavioral interview. Was an exploratory interview to determine if I was a fit for the organization. AVP was very friendly and sold me on the organization. Additionally, I was referred to several employees to discuss the type of work further as we wait for positions to become available.

Interview Question – In what environment do you not work well in.   Answer Question

Product Analyst Interview

Product Analyst

I applied through college or university and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – It is not very difficult. just regular behavior questions like how to deal with some specific situations.Also asked to design a product for them given some constraints. The interviewers are very nice, not knowing the answers during the interview

Interview Question – Design a insurance product   View Answer

Underwriter Interview

Underwriter

I applied through college or university and the process took 4 days - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – Campus job posting

Interview Question – Not really any. Everything behavior.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Program Manager

I applied online and the process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – This was an internal hire. I applied for the position on our internal platform and immediately after posting I received a generic HR message stating that my candidacy was being considered by the hiring staff. Approximately 1 week after I completed my submission I received an email invitation to speak with an HR specialist. The HR specialist was nice and prompt in his message to me. He properly coordinated a phone interview with me for the following week. The phone interview lasted approximately 30 minutes, for which the HR specialist was on time and professional. The questions were pretty easy, straight forward, behavioral interview questions. I was asked 5-6 questions before being advised of next steps and being asked if I had any questions. I ended up interviewing with the hiring manager and another individual from that department. That particular interview lasted approximately 2 hours. There wasn't really anything unexpected from a question perspective. Interview was more of a conversation which was great. The hiring manager and this other individual made me feel at ease. It was probably one of the better interviewing experiences for me. After that interview I did have a second interview with a senior leader of the company. This interview lasted approximately 1 hour and was more difficult than the previous interviews. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Question – What frustrates you about people?   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Associate Claim Representative

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – I was recommended by a current employee who passed my resume along to management, had a phone interview with HR and then a physical interview with two supervisors and then a manager.

Interview Question – What would you do if a customer was really irate
What is your biggest weakness
  Answer Question

Negotiation Details – Negotation in general. As my first job out of college I felt like I had no room to negotiate stuff like pay, I have since changed that aspect with open communication.

Senior Claims Examiner Interview

Senior Claims Examiner

I applied through other source and interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – The interviewing process if very long, I went through three different interviews and 5 different interviewers. It was not a difficult interview; however, it was very long. No on line test, which was really good.

Negotiation Details – It was not difficult; met in the middle.

Small Commercial Underwriter Trainee Interview

Small Commercial Underwriter Trainee
San Antonio, TX

I applied online and the process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Hartford in August 2013.

Interview Details – I was interviewed by them in late 2013. This would've been a steep paycut and a stepdown for me, but I was ready to do it because I was excited about entering the P&C market and leaving the healthcare market behind. I expressed this to the 5 different interviewers over the 2 hours I was with them at their office in West San Antonio, but it seemed that my answer was unsatisfactory, because they asked "why are you leaving your position" about 5 different ways, 5 different times. It almost felt like they had made up their minds about me before even walking in, and just needed some filler candidates to reject. (A strategy I've seen firsthand employed at other companies)

Interview Question – Nothing but the standard questions. Google "common interview questions" and you'll be fine.   Answer Question

Customer Care Analyst Interview

Customer Care Analyst

I applied online and the process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview Details – Very good interview process. After applying online and taking the skills test, I was contacted about 5 days later via phone by recruiter and had initial interview. Had second interview in person with potential manager and another remote manager. Questions where typical to the position I was applying for. Notified 1 week later that I got the position. I tried to negotiate salary but they were firm. Upon acceptance, they do a through criminal and employment verification check.

Interview Question – Questions were pretty typical. Pertaining to customer service, they want to here real life experiences rather than vague responses.   Answer Question

Negotiation Details – I tried to negotiate for a 10% increase. The HR recruiter asked my supervisor but they wouldn't budge. They said company does annual reviews and have bonuses. Good thing is that I can apply for other positions after 12 months of service in current one.