The Hartford Interview Questions

2.9

Operations Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in July 2013.

Met on campus and interviewed with HR and 2 program reps. Then made it to final round interviews at The Hartford consisting of interviews with senior leaders and program reps. Did a group interview activity to see how I worked in a group. Questions where standard. They really looked for how i got along with everyone.

Interview Questions
    • Team building activity to prioritize items if abandoned at sea.   Answer Question

Associate Claim Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Phoenix, AZ
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

I applied through college or university. The process took a day - interviewed at The Hartford in March 2013.

Interviewed on-campus at Arizona State. Two interviews same-day, about 30-45 min each. All behavioral questions. Was really a "get to know you" type of interview. Received phone call about a week later with employment offer.

Interview Questions
    • No technical questions. Just the generic, "tell me a time when you had to deal with an angry customer or teammate and how did you handle the scenario". Cookie-cutter questions that anyone should be able to answer.   Answer Question
    No negotiation.

Assistant Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Hartford, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in December 2010.

Interview for officer level includes a 2 day "hokus pokus" interview / shrink exam with a PHD. Absolutely ridiculous. Amazing that they spend so much money - as it obviously doesn't work.

Interview Questions
    Relatively easy - except that they reneged on purchasing my home after I have relocated. The real estate market was collapsing - and they refused to honor a purchase price that was extended by a 3rd party relocation company that they had contracted to work with me during my move.

AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Applied online and had an employee referral. Received an email a few days later to set up a phone interview which was scheduled for two days after that. The phone interview was a review of the job and my qualifications, pretty easy. At the end of that conversation I was scheduled for an in person interview the following week. Went to the office the following Monday and met with a manager. The interview was a lot of behavioral questions... make sure you have some examples from previous work experience/schooling. The in person interview took an hour. Dress professionally and be ready to give examples and you should be fine. Everybody I spoke with was very nice and helped me understand the requirements of the position. I received a job offer the following day.

Interview Questions
    • What would you do if there were no opportunities for advancement after five or six years?   Answer Question

AARP Customer Service Representative- Auto and Home Insurance Interview

I applied online. The process took 1+ week - interviewed at The Hartford.

I applied online and received an email from the recruiter to set up a time for a phone interview, which ended up being the next day. The phone interview mostly consisted of a discussion of my current and past work and how the skills necessary for those jobs applied to the current position. At the end of the interview, we set up a time for an in-person interview the following week. I was interviewed by two people, both of whom were very nice and engaging. The questions were very similar to those of the phone interview, mostly asking about skills in previous positions which would directly or indirectly translate to the new position. Understanding the importance that The Hartford places on metrics is critical. Showing that you have had experience with metrics in the past is definitely a good thing. Preparing responses to a few basic behavioral questions would be a good idea as well (e.g. what would you do if a customer called in and was angry?).

Interview Questions
    I received a call the day after my in-person interview with an offer. It was at the highest end in the hiring range, so I didn't negotiate.

Agency Care Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate  in  Windsor, CT
    Anonymous Interview Candidate in Windsor, CT

I applied online. The process took 3 months - interviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

I applied online and within roughly 90 days I received a phone call from a Recruiting Manager looking to fill a slot for an Agency Customer Service Representative position immediately. I did a phone interview with him for 45 minutes and he gave me an in-person interview for the following day. The in-person interview was hosted by a Billing Manager in-person and an Agency Department Manager over the phone. I was offered the position the next business day. I started two weeks following the offer.

Interview Questions
    • General Interview Questions, they are looking for very specific examples!   Answer Question
    I was not able to negotiate.

Business Consultant Interview

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford in January 2010.

Interviewed w/ the manager once as an internal candidate. Manager was provided with a candidate questionnaire/assessment from my current manager. Interview went well, the position seemed like a good fit, However, my current manager informed me someone else was picked but they could offer me a PT position in addition to my normal duties. I came to find out that wasn't true and that they wanted to offer me a second position that had opened up, but my current manager told them I wasn't interested.

Interview Questions
    • Was asked about an incident I had with a sales partner, which I didn't even know they were aware of. Since the prospective position was very much a corss-functional position, the hiring manager wanted to assess how I handled this interpersonal conflict.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days - interviewed at The Hartford in May 2014.

Excellent conversation with AVP for the department. Very standard behavioral interview. Was an exploratory interview to determine if I was a fit for the organization. AVP was very friendly and sold me on the organization. Additionally, I was referred to several employees to discuss the type of work further as we wait for positions to become available.

Product Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks - interviewed at The Hartford.

It is not very difficult. just regular behavior questions like how to deal with some specific situations.Also asked to design a product for them given some constraints. The interviewers are very nice, not knowing the answers during the interview

Underwriter Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days - interviewed at The Hartford.

Campus job posting