The Hartford

Updated Feb 25, 2015
Updated Feb 25, 2015

2.9

Leave Management Senior Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

Interviewed on campus through recruiting. There were three team leaders who tag teamed the interview questions. All three were very nice, and very attentive to my answers. I felt very much at ease and felt like I nailed the interview. I went in to the interview as more of an informational interview, but left really wanting the job. Easy questions. Laid back environment.

LTD Claims Analyst Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hartford.

3 interviewers
    The process was easy. First they explain what the job is. Second they start going around and asking questions. You have 30 min for the interview. Then, all you do is relax and go with the flow. The good thing was my interview was inside school compus, they started talking about the school and any upcoming tests.

Interview Questions
    • Give us situation where you were challenged and excelled it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL
    Anonymous Employee in Aurora, IL

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford in December 2014.

I interviewed at the Aurora, Il location. First off the interviewers were a couple minutes late. The interview was held by two team leads who were not managers(red flag). During the entire interview the two leads kept looking at each other as if they didn't know what they were doing. The interview consisted of three situation questions then it was over. There was no explanation of company, position ect. Needless to say I didn't want the position once I found out they weren't managers.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me a time you had to deal with an irate customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question

Actuarial Interview

I applied online and received phone interview 2 weeks without any notification. Haven't heard back from them since then. They should have notified me through email first before they interviewed me.

Operations & Technology LDP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied online. The process took 2+ monthsinterviewed at The Hartford.

Apply Online --> Phone Interview --> On-Campus Interview --> Home Office Interview

Applied online through my Uni's career services website and through The Hartford's internal career site

Phone interview was a pleasant surprise; had an intern call me from HR asking if I was still interested ~ a week after applying online. A couple of days later, an HR recruiting rep called me to talk about my resume, etc.

On-Campus interview was a typical 1-on-1 sit down and talk style interview. Really enjoyed this one, the recruiting manager for my school was a wonderful guy.

Home Office Interview consists of a tour, a group thing, a 1-on-1, and a case study.

Interview Questions
    • The case study was brutal. I may be a bit biased because I am an accounting major, but the case study seemed to be entirely focused on understanding database information systems. The Hartford considers almost all majors for the LDP, granted you have a somewhat relatable field of interest. They should keep in mind that not all interviewees have educational backgrounds in management information systems. If you don't understand the intricacies of data flow through specific MIS charts, you are most likely going to stumble through the case study.   Answer Question
    Entry-level, so no negotiatiion. Starting salary is generous relative to the state of the economy and whatnot. Graciously accepted.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I was first introduced to the company at a career fair. After submitting an application online, I was contacted for an on-campus interview. All of the recruiters that I spoke with were very personable and seemed to really enjoy what they were doing.

Associate Claim Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I applied online as well as through my university. Did an hour and a half online assessment and then a few weeks later received an email requesting to set up an on-campus interview. The first interview was very laid back and more of a conversation than an interview. The interviewer was very polite and easy to talk to. Two weeks later I received another email asking to set up a second-round interview on campus. This time I was interviewed by two people, and it was extremely similar to the first being very laid back and more of a conversation. I received an offer at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions
    • No difficult or unexpected questions. All behavioral based and looking for examples from your past work.   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hartford.

I'd say, for the most part, the hiring and interview process for this position was pretty straightforward. I felt that it was pretty easy, provided you do your proper research and preparation. For the job that I went for I didn't experience too many rounds of interviewing, although it's not uncommon for other positions to require 5+. I lucked out.

Interview Questions
    • I didn't really encounter any difficult or unexpected questions.   Answer Question
    They came to the table with one price and I was able to negotiate a higher salary.

Risk Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hartford, CT

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Hartford in November 2014.

1. Campus Interview following application. Interviewed with 2 current RLDP full-time people- really nice, mix of personal and finance questions.
    2. On site interview with 2 current RLDP employees and one Risk Analyst (5 years experience). Also got a tour. Beautiful place to work and the trade floor is amazing. Again, mix of personal and finance questions. Really nice and passionate guys

Interview Questions
    • Stuff learned in basic finance, leadership, teamwork, what drives you   Answer Question

Senior Trial Counsel Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hartford.

Six interviews, including one in-person. Very friendly. Very efficient. Multiple levels of corporste hierarchy with several executives. In-house recruiter was main contact throughout. Took about a month. Waiting for offer.