The Hartford

Relevance Date Difficulty

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Underwriter Trainee
New Hartford, NY

I applied through an employee referral and the process took 2 days - interviewed at The Hartford in July 2010.

Interview Details – The process began with a phone interview, which consisted of many behavioral interview questions (i.e. "Describe a time when...). It took about 25 minutes. She then informed me she would move me to the next round. Two weeks later, I went to a 2:1 interview and also took a long assessment test.

Interview Question – Name a time where you broke a rule/law because you thought it was justified. What was it, and how did you justify it?   Answer Question

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Underwriter Trainee
New York, NY

The process took 1 week - interviewed at The Hartford in March 2010.

Interview Details – I conducted two phone interviews, one with a recrutiter and one with senior recrutiter. I was than scheuled to complete a skills assestment test that consisted of 145 questions. Very intentised but took an hour and half to complete. After compelting the test I was schueled for an one on one interview. I would say the interview was informal. The interviewer told to to relax and asked questions that not only homed in on the skills thatI possess but to also gain a prosective on my personality. He was very polite and not to authoritative or overbearing. I would say one of the most plesant interviewing experinces that I have ever had. The office is very organized and neat very resepectable work space. After the interview I had one final phone interview with the underwriting VP. After completing that interview my reference were check and my background was ran and I was presented with and offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation Details – I did not feel a need to negotiate the offer was more that what I expected. Very considerate of prior work exprerience.

Worked for The Hartford? Contribute to the Community!