The Hartford Underwriter Trainee Interview Questions

Underwriter Trainee Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at The Hartford.

Interview

Email from recruiter two months after I applied for job asking me to take one of the last couple of interviews left for the job Brief phone interview with the recruiter day of in person interview a few hours earlier Great security at the door of person interview Building was in nice condition Was interviewed by two people in suits who then asked me if I could hold on an interview with two other people. The next two interviewers came in with jeans On Two days later I received a call from the recruiter with the offer

Interview Questions

• Time you had to decline something and how the person took it   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for 6000 more than what I got and they counter offered with a $5000 raise after I completed the three-month training program

Other Interview Reviews for The Hartford

Anonymous Employee in New Hartford, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at The Hartford (New Hartford, NY) in July 2010.

Interview

The process began with a phone interview, which consisted of many behavioral interview questions (i.e. "Describe a time when...). It took about 25 minutes. She then informed me she would move me to the next round. Two weeks later, I went to a 2:1 interview and also took a long assessment test.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you broke a rule/law because you thought it was justified. What was it, and how did you justify it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at The Hartford (New York, NY) in March 2010.

Interview

I conducted two phone interviews, one with a recrutiter and one with senior recrutiter. I was than scheuled to complete a skills assestment test that consisted of 145 questions. Very intentised but took an hour and half to complete. After compelting the test I was schueled for an one on one interview. I would say the interview was informal. The interviewer told to to relax and asked questions that not only homed in on the skills thatI possess but to also gain a prosective on my personality. He was very polite and not to authoritative or overbearing. I would say one of the most plesant interviewing experinces that I have ever had. The office is very organized and neat very resepectable work space. After the interview I had one final phone interview with the underwriting VP. After completing that interview my reference were check and my background was ran and I was presented with and offer.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

I did not feel a need to negotiate the offer was more that what I expected. Very considerate of prior work exprerience.