The Harvard Drug Group Interview Questions

2.3

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 daysinterviewed at The Harvard Drug Group.

Interview

Started with a phone interview, then on to corporate headquarters to interview with three individuals: Corperate Quality and Compliance President, Compliance VP, and HR. Only two candidates were chosen for the next step after the initial phone interview.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult or unexpected questions.   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI).

Interview

Had a phone interview with a recruiter. Entailed couple standard questions and a mock sales scenario (i.e. sell me oranges for example). Then had an on-site group interview with sales manager and sales director.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you'd be good at sales? What is your biggest career achievement? How would you close a sale/manage an account? What is your greatest strength? Biggest weakness?   Answer Question

Insale Sales Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Harvard Drug Group.

Interview

I was contacted via email by an outside company to do a pre screen. She was very professional and gave me as much information as possible including ballpark salary ranges. I "passed" the pre screen and was contacted by the HR person for a “face to face” a few days later. The face to face was with the HR MGR then a "one on one" with a few managers and a director. The Ego’s in the room were smothering me but I found it entertaining. The sales managers asked the standard questions and nothing really stood out too unfamiliar. The director was a bit more laid back and informative. This took about 2 hours or so. Yea, two hours!! The salary range was below 33k!! They need to work on the comp plan IMO! I also did not see the commission kick in for at least a 9 months. You would think they were interviewing for the CEO position. Finally, I was given a chance to shadow a sales rep on the phone for 15 or so. He turned out to be a really great person and we talked about the job, expectations and growth path. When we finished, I was walked out and told they should know something in a week. It was more like two weeks. All in all it was a very lengthy interview with some reservations, mostly the salary and money caps. My plan for the most part was not to pursue the opportunity but use as an information interview and practice always makes perfect.

IT Operations Director/Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Livonia, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI) in January 2012.

Interview

Rigorous. Expect to speak with all C-Level execs before you're through. Slow process which will likely take 2-3 weeks to complete. Come with questions. Know what you're walking into by being thorough. Ask about internal workings like process maturity, key challenges, and expectations. A clear understanding in these areas will tell you if you are the right one to say yes or pass with a thanks but no thanks.

Interview Questions

• There will be some and more so the higher up the chain you go. Nothing specific that I can recall though.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Inflexible. Get what you want coming in though. Afterwards will be difficult to improve significantly.

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2010.

Interview

The interviewing manager was very relaxed and casual. We talked a little bit about my background, but mostly about the job description. There were no stupid "sell me this pen" type questions. I thought the interview went well and even followed up with a thank-you email the following day. I was a bit disappointed that I did not get a personal phone call instead received a human resources form letter basically saying "thanks, but no thanks".

Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Livonia, MI

Application

The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI) in August 2010.

Interview

Easy, comfortable, everyone was straight up with what they were looking for. Very nice company.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 dayinterviewed at The Harvard Drug Group (Livonia, MI) in September 2009.

Interview

Very basic and easy interview process. I received an offer at my first interview. Very basic questions. Didnt even ask any of the usual behavioral questions. The offer was overnighted to me and I had about a week to respond.

Interview Questions

During the interview I shadowed one of the current inside sales reps to see what the job was really like. Decided it was not for me.