The Hershey Company
www.thehersheycompany.com Hershey, PA 5000+ Employees

The Hershey Company Human Resource Associate Manager Interview Questions & Reviews

Getting the Interview

Average Difficulty
1 candidate interview Back to all interview questions
Relevance Date Difficulty

Human Resource Associate Manager Interview

Human Resource Associate Manager
Hershey, PA

I applied through college or university and the process took 2 weeks - interviewed at The Hershey Company in January 2012.

Interview Details – I am a HR student in one of the top business schools in the U.S I interviewed initially with Hersheys over the phone and just went over my resume and some behavioral questions. 3 weeks later I went over for an onsite interview at Hersheys. The people were all very friendly and the whole process went smoothly, the problem is that the HR department is going through restructuring to a matrix organization and they still haven't figured out what the job of HR associate manager should really be, they just left it open, so every person i talked to (interviewer) they just said that they just left it intentionally open and that they will figure out the specific job duties later. So I was basiclally interviewing for a job that I have no idea about. I had 3 interviews. The person I was supposed to interview with last got stuck in a meeting so I ended up talking to someone else last minute who was not really prepared for an interview and didnt ask me the behavioral questions she was supposed to ask. She just talked to me about my interests and experience and that they will get back to me once they have figured out what the job should look like. They kept asking me about career interests to which i responded that I would be flexible and open to building a wide variety of HR experiences, but then they can't structure a specific job.

I was supposed to hear after 2 weeks, i didn't after 2 and a half weeks, i checked my status online and found out that I was no longer considered for the job. They didnt even give me the courtesy of letting me know that they I was no longer considered with even an automated email after meeting tons of people and spending a night over in hersheys. I was really shocked given that they were really friendly. Overall, I would not recommend that company to anyone like me just starting out in HR or in HR grad school because they are still structuring their department, don't have leadership or rotation programs like some companies and were not even sure what the job was supposed to be.

Interview Question – Give me an example when you inspired someone to perform better   Answer Question

Flag Interview  |  Add Employer Response
Interviews for Top Jobs at The Hershey Company

Worked for The Hershey Company? Contribute to the Community!

The Hershey Company Videos

The Hershey Company – Why Work for Us?

"There has never been a better time to be at Hershey." J.P. Bilbrey, CEO #1 IN CORPORATE SOCIAL RESPONSIBILITY Continuing Milton Hershey’s legacy of commitment to consumers, communities and children, we… Full Overview

Provided by employer [?]

Glassdoor is your free inside look at The Hershey Company Human Resource Associate Manager interview questions and advice. All interview reviews posted anonymously by The Hershey Company employees and interview candidates.