The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Updated Jan 15, 2015
Updated Jan 15, 2015

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

I recieved an email from Career Builder, and upon receipt, I researched the company. Very impressed with their values and contribution to society, I applied. I receive the initial call within a week of applying. The initial interview is a phone interview in which you discuss the position and Why Hershey's. Next is the virtual interview. You are asked nine questions, and provided three minutes to answer each question. These questions are behavioral based and require that you use the STAR method. Next is the field day. You spend a day (8 hours) shadowing an RSR to get a feel for the job. My RSR was pretty awesome and covered a lot with me. The next step is to interview with the District Sales Manager of where you will be located via video. You are then asked behavioral questions again which are required to be answered using the STAR format. I am currently at this point. The next step is to interview with the Area Manager which is the final step. I can appreciate the interview process because it can ensure that they select the right person for the job.

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a time when you did not meet a deadline.

Are you willing to relocate?

Why Hershey/Sales?

Answer Question

Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied online – interviewed at The Hershey Company.

After following up through a Facebook advertising I was called the same night in which I applied for the position from a recruiter. She allowed me the chance to answer some very brief questions about how did I find out about the position and etc. However due to creating a profile months ago before speaking with her she was able to pull up my resume and already speculate my chances of becoming apart of the company. (Ofcouse it was very positive.) She did however tell me that it would be a very long hiring process due to the holidays ranging between 4-7 weeks turn around but I would need to interview through a virtual recording portal to be considered to continue on with the hiring process. After the initial video interview, (per her explanation) if you are not immediately in some form emailed or called afterwhich then your chances of continuing through the 2nd round is almost guarenteed. After a successful 2nd interview with a regional market manager, then you participate with someone who is already in field as a 'ride along' member for a week and if at this point you have made that far, it totally up to you if you would be willing to complete the job after seeing a day in the life. Then bingo! Then they give you an offer!

Interview Questions
    • How will your previous sales or marketing experience help influence continuous growth if given this position.   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ monthsinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

This company is so unprofessional. First of all, I got contacted by a recruiter online about this job and she explained to me the job and benefits. I then had to a video interview that lasted 30mins. They said I would hear back within one week if I was chosen to move forward. I didn't hear back until two weeks later that I was chosen. Then it took over a month to schedule a field day with a rsr. This rsr made me do physical work even though it's against company rules. I had to carry boxes, open boxes, stock shelves, and at one point I had to stock a whole shelve by myself while the rsr left me. Regardless, I got an email from another recruiter to pick out locations that I wanted to relocate to. I picked my top four and it took over two weeks to get back to me with a day for my panel interview. It was a video interview with the district manager of my desired location. The area manager wasn't there. The district manager looked like she just rolled out of bed. Her hair was in a messy bun and wearing a sweatband. Her dog barked a couple times throughout the interview. Told me the cities I wanted to relocate to were already filled even though the website said there were still openings. Said I would hear back within a week. Three weeks later, not hearing anything, I emailed my recruiter if she had any word and all I got was a genetic rejection email. Not even a personal rejection email. That's the most rude, unprofessional, cowardly, lazy way to say no. I spent over three months on this interview process, took off work at my current job, worked so hard at my field day that I was sweating and after all this, I got a genetic rejection email. I'm extremely angry and disappointed and annoyed. I'm never buying another hershey product again.

Brand Associate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

I applied online and got the invitation for interview 4 weeks after. Video interview with 7 questions in 30 minutes. You can expect to answer every questions within 3 minutes. They recorded the questions as a short video at the beginning and you have 5 seconds to think. Then the clock started to count down and your video started to record. After every question, I got time to review my answer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All behaviour questions: Why Hershey company? Why this position ? Why do you want to relocated to Hershey?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview process starts with an initial phone interview, followed by a web based interview, a day in the field and finally a panel interview. The phone interview is straight forward, the recruiter explains the role and talks to you about your resume. The web based interview consists of 9 questions which you are expected to answer in the STAR format. Most of the questions are based on you past experiences in sales and building relationships. Be prepared to go into detail and prepare thoroughly if this is your first web interview, it is a different experience!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you have faced and how you won them over.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Hershey Company in November 2014.

Online video interview with 7 questions that had to be completed within 3 days of initial email. Some questions included Why Hershey's? Why relocated to PA? Why this position? Use the STAR system to describe a time when you set goals.

All average questions and one tricky.

They sent a reply within a week of continuing in the process or not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you changed your mind on a decision, where all the numbers and consensus said one thing but you did another and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

Video interview, then in person final rd interview. The people were very nice, but the notice I didn't get the position was an automatic email, which I found insulting considering I made it to the final round. I would not apply for another position with them after that, it didn't feel like they valued their candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly trying to get to know the candidate at first, then the last of the three was behavioral   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

First is a phone interview, then a virtual interview mostly consisted of why you want the position and STAR format questions. Field day is followed which consists of going out into the field with a Retail Sales rep learning and seeing if the job is for you. Next is the panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Why sales? Why Hershey? A time where you had show data to support a claim?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had originally applied online, and a couple of weeks later I was offered a video interview. I was told I had three days to complete the interview. The company supplied me with what to prepare for the interview, and how the interview would work. It consisted of pre-recorded videos, and then I answered the questions using my webcam. I couldn't re-do my answers, but I could review them. I checked the website and it says that I will be contacted soon regarding my next step.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that I was working in a group and I experienced a problem.   Answer Question

Part Time Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2014.

email, phone call, virtual interview. took a few weeks to get back to me. i did not receive an offer. But i was not very vocal with the interviewer. Did not ask questions