The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Updated Nov 20, 2014
Updated Nov 20, 2014

Brand Associate Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

I applied online and got the invitation for interview 4 weeks after. Video interview with 7 questions in 30 minutes. You can expect to answer every questions within 3 minutes. They recorded the questions as a short video at the beginning and you have 5 seconds to think. Then the clock started to count down and your video started to record. After every question, I got time to review my answer.

Interview Questions
    • Nothing unexpected. All behaviour questions: Why Hershey company? Why this position ? Why do you want to relocated to Hershey?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

Interview process starts with an initial phone interview, followed by a web based interview, a day in the field and finally a panel interview. The phone interview is straight forward, the recruiter explains the role and talks to you about your resume. The web based interview consists of 9 questions which you are expected to answer in the STAR format. Most of the questions are based on you past experiences in sales and building relationships. Be prepared to go into detail and prepare thoroughly if this is your first web interview, it is a different experience!

Interview Questions
    • Tell me about a difficult customer you have faced and how you won them over.   Answer Question

Associate Brand Manager Interview

I applied online. The process took a weekinterviewed at The Hershey Company in November 2014.

Online video interview with 7 questions that had to be completed within 3 days of initial email. Some questions included Why Hershey's? Why relocated to PA? Why this position? Use the STAR system to describe a time when you set goals.

All average questions and one tricky.

They sent a reply within a week of continuing in the process or not.

Interview Questions
    • Describe a time when you changed your mind on a decision, where all the numbers and consensus said one thing but you did another and why?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I applied online. The process took 4 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

Video interview, then in person final rd interview. The people were very nice, but the notice I didn't get the position was an automatic email, which I found insulting considering I made it to the final round. I would not apply for another position with them after that, it didn't feel like they valued their candidates.

Interview Questions
    • Mainly trying to get to know the candidate at first, then the last of the three was behavioral   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

First is a phone interview, then a virtual interview mostly consisted of why you want the position and STAR format questions. Field day is followed which consists of going out into the field with a Retail Sales rep learning and seeing if the job is for you. Next is the panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Why sales? Why Hershey? A time where you had show data to support a claim?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had originally applied online, and a couple of weeks later I was offered a video interview. I was told I had three days to complete the interview. The company supplied me with what to prepare for the interview, and how the interview would work. It consisted of pre-recorded videos, and then I answered the questions using my webcam. I couldn't re-do my answers, but I could review them. I checked the website and it says that I will be contacted soon regarding my next step.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that I was working in a group and I experienced a problem.   Answer Question

Part Time Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2014.

email, phone call, virtual interview. took a few weeks to get back to me. i did not receive an offer. But i was not very vocal with the interviewer. Did not ask questions

Applications Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2014.

Was contacted by email initially for a prerecorded video interview, then given 3 business days to complete the interview. It was pretty easy and behavioral based. Then was contacted by phone to schedule a phone interview with 2 managers. The phone interview only lasted about 15 minutes and was mostly technical about java, html, and CSS. They called me back the next day to offer me an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • what is one interesting thing you recently learned about Hershey's and why does it make you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Met at my university's Career Fair and got an interview for the next day. It lasted about a half hour and the interviewer was very nice. They asked about salary and relocation, and then some simple experience questions and CAR/STAR format questions. About a week later, I got an email saying I made it through to the next level, which is a field day with an RSR. I applied online that day.

I haven't scheduled the field day yet, but I definitely hope to continue with the process and land the job!

Interview Questions
    • CAR or STAR format: What was a time you went above and beyond the expectations?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

It is a very slow process. It takes a week to get thru Hr and then you doña face to face. Then you have to do a work with day that you don't get paid for. Then you wait again for a call from the upper management. Too long of a process!