The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Updated Jun 28, 2015

IS Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA).

Interview

Submitted a resume and did a recorded "live" interview (this interview consisted of pre-recorded questions that were then recorded responses after giving me five seconds to prep a response) followed by a phone interview (where two guys that I would be working for called me and we spent almost an hour talking about background knowledge of the field and making small talk about what I do in my spare time).

Interview Questions

• Primarily problem resolution questions with some introductory IT term definitions.   1 Answer

RSR Interview

Interview

Very extensive process with many STAR based questions they will ask you where you prefer to live and they narrow it down for you. A video interview is required as well

Anonymous Employee in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company (Fairfax, VA).

Interview

Recruiter contacted me from a job fair I attended 5 months earlier. We spoke on the phone briefly and then she let me know she was sending over a video interview for me to complete. After the video interview I received an email saying I was having another interview where I would shadow the local sales representative in my area for the day. It was a long day, I was with her from 9am-4pm going from store to store to see the daily operations. I think it was a great way for me to see if I would want to be in that role and just exactly what the role calls for. Long story short, I wrote a thank you email to the the woman I shadowed- no reply. I also sent another thank you and follow up interview to the woman guiding me throughout the interview process- no response either. Needless to say after multiple emails and phone calls trying to follow up with the interview, Hershey never contacted me. After the interview in the field, I realized it wasn't the job for me but I was disappointed Hershey didn't have the common courtesy to reach out and at least let me know they were moving forward with other candidates.

Summer Interview

Interview

Video interview, all behavioral questions although for a technical position, questions are like What do you know about their company, leadership style, your career interest, trends of your field. Weird to talk to black screen, but I survived.

Part-Time Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palm Springs, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 daysinterviewed at The Hershey Company (Palm Springs, CA) in May 2015.

Interview

I applied on online to an advertised Part-Time Sales Merchandiser opening. Hershey's emailed the next day requesting I schedule a phone interview. I had the interview the next business day. I received an email the next business day notifying me my application would not proceed any further. The interview seemed more of a screening process to make sure I understood the job and met the listed qualifications. As a retired gas/convenience store owner, I met or exceeded all the listed qualifications for the job. The interview went well, and it appeared we were a perfect fit. I appreciated the prompt and courteous treatment. So why was my application dead with the initial screening? I think the key word here is "retired." In my opinion, although perfectly qualified for the job and capable a making a contribution to the company, Hershey just does not want older workers. Do your research and you will find many legal actions to support this. I heard, too, of a gender bias. So it appears to me that Hershey is a great company to work for if you fit into their bias. You are probably wasting your time applying if you are older. And, again, from what I have heard, if you are male and get a job, be prepared to deal with gender bias. In my opinion, this is a great part-time job -- hours, pay, benefits -- and it is too bad Hershey does not want to reflect the community and give an equal opportunity to everyone.

Interview Questions

• They asked me how I would prepare for a meeting with a store owner to pitch a Xmas display.   1 Answer
    • Asked me something about a sales accomplishment.   1 Answer

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

Anonymous Employee in London, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company (London, KY) in May 2015.

Interview

Long delays between first recruiter contact them to setup a interview weeks later through a recruiter with the hiring manager that had to reschedule a couple times lol. For a week later than told initially.

Worked in major retail sales management for over 8 years and have a college degree lol. Part time must need. Phd these days and to be a ceo of a company. Crap company interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had a challenge at work.   1 Answer

Associate Brand Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Hershey, PA

Application

I applied through other source – interviewed at The Hershey Company (Hershey, PA).

Interview

Applied during a career fair and passed a first round interview on site. The follow up interview was at Hershey. Between the first and second interviews there seemed to be some unnecessary steps. There was a pre-interview group phone call that I had to be part of (didn't gain much from that), there was also a one-on-one phone call with a current ABM that they scheduled, and a lot of email communication/forms to fill out online. (I think the one-on-one call was nice, but everything else was pretty repetitive). For the interview day at Hershey, I had one 2-1 interview and two 1-1 interviews. I don't think they needed to have that many interviewers; for the most part the questions were the same and in the 2-1 interview, one person didn't say anything the entire time (which was a little awkward). They were definitely trying to gauge my interest in moving to PA just as much as they were trying to determine my abilities. In addition to the silent interviewer, the last interviewer of the day had a bit of a belittling attitude. I'm not sure if it was just a matter of she had seen x number of people before me, but she was visibly not really interested in the interview. (On the other hand, the second person I interviewed with was very engaged, so maybe it is just their interview styles coming through?) Overall it was an okay interview, but I felt like it could have taken less time if they didn't allow interviewers to ask the same question.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the saddest you've ever been.   1 Answer
    • What are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Interview

I applied for the opportunity online. The overall process took about a month.

Like everyone says on this site, the interview is comprised of 4 stages:
    1. Phone Screen
    2. Video Interview
    3. Field Day
    4. One on One Skype Interview

1. Phone Screen - Pretty basic. They want to get a feel for you and your interest in the company. An HR representative will be questioning you with things like why Hershey and why this role?

2. Video Interview - 9 Questions. Be prepared to answer pretty standard interview questions like your biggest accomplishment, why Hershey, and trickier questions like how you dealt with a person who was upset and how to sell in a new display to a store.

3. Field Day - You are paired up with a person in the field to get a feel for the job. Enthusiasm, interest, and curiosity is key. Just be genuine and it will shine through.

4. One on One - The final interview is a one on one with the sales director. Similar kinds of questions like why Hershey and walking through your resume. Other questions included time you negotiated with someone, time you persuaded someone, a time when you were dissatisfied with your results, and why you would be a good fit for the role.

Make it through and you got the job! I can appreciate the process because it not only prepares you for the potential opportunity and what to expect, but it also ensures that you are a good fit for the role and the company. I really enjoyed the process. Hope this helps someone else get a job!

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online – interviewed at The Hershey Company in April 2015.

Interview

Did a video interview... Still waiting for a response. Overall the interview was short, Five questions talking about questions on ideal candidate for the job, why you want to work with the company and your desire for the role, accomplishments and what would your current or former manager say if asked on areas you need to improve on

Interview Questions

• What is your area of expertise and how does it align with the role you applied for   Answer Question

Retail Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company in April 2015.

Interview

First you have a short interview with HR over the phone. Then I had a 9 question behavioral interview that was mostly STAR format. Then a field day with a local RSR. Then I had a STAR interview with the District Sales Manager via webcam, and she also went over my resume some. Then my 5th and final interview was with the Area Director via webcam, and was essentially the same interview as the one I had with the District Sales Manager.

The questions from the 4th and 5th interviews included: Why Hershey, why did you switch career paths, what was your greatest goal that you have set for yourself and achieved to date, tell me about a time you had two conflicting priorities at work and how you handled it, tell me about a time you were dissatisfied with your results and tell me about a time you negotiated something.

39,500 base, up to 55 hour work weeks, up to 13% salary bonus based on hours worked not base salary. Company car (choose between chevy equinox, chevy malibu, nissan altima) and can use it for personal use, full benefits, ipad

Interview Questions

• tell me about yourself, what are your hobbies, what is your greatest accomplishment, are you willing to relocate, is there anything else we should know about you   1 Answer