The Hershey Company

The Hershey Company Interview Questions

Updated Feb 23, 2015
Updated Feb 23, 2015

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 2 weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

First is a phone interview, then a virtual interview mostly consisted of why you want the position and STAR format questions. Field day is followed which consists of going out into the field with a Retail Sales rep learning and seeing if the job is for you. Next is the panel interview

Interview Questions
    • Why sales? Why Hershey? A time where you had show data to support a claim?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

I had originally applied online, and a couple of weeks later I was offered a video interview. I was told I had three days to complete the interview. The company supplied me with what to prepare for the interview, and how the interview would work. It consisted of pre-recorded videos, and then I answered the questions using my webcam. I couldn't re-do my answers, but I could review them. I checked the website and it says that I will be contacted soon regarding my next step.

Interview Questions
    • When was a time that I was working in a group and I experienced a problem.   Answer Question

Applications Development Interview

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2014.

Was contacted by email initially for a prerecorded video interview, then given 3 business days to complete the interview. It was pretty easy and behavioral based. Then was contacted by phone to schedule a phone interview with 2 managers. The phone interview only lasted about 15 minutes and was mostly technical about java, html, and CSS. They called me back the next day to offer me an internship position.

Interview Questions
    • what is one interesting thing you recently learned about Hershey's and why does it make you want to work here?   Answer Question
    Did not negotiate.

Part Time Field Sales Representative Interview

I applied through college or university – interviewed at The Hershey Company in October 2014.

email, phone call, virtual interview. took a few weeks to get back to me. i did not receive an offer. But i was not very vocal with the interviewer. Did not ask questions

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied through a recruiter – interviewed at The Hershey Company.

Met at my university's Career Fair and got an interview for the next day. It lasted about a half hour and the interviewer was very nice. They asked about salary and relocation, and then some simple experience questions and CAR/STAR format questions. About a week later, I got an email saying I made it through to the next level, which is a field day with an RSR. I applied online that day.

I haven't scheduled the field day yet, but I definitely hope to continue with the process and land the job!

Interview Questions
    • CAR or STAR format: What was a time you went above and beyond the expectations?   Answer Question

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

It is a very slow process. It takes a week to get thru Hr and then you doña face to face. Then you have to do a work with day that you don't get paid for. Then you wait again for a call from the upper management. Too long of a process!

Retail Sales Merchandiser Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company.

I first saw the ad for this job on Craigslist.
    I applied, and within the week, they set up my first phone interview.
    After that, they carried me on to a second phone interview with the District Supervisor.
    After that, they had me ride-along with a current worker to see if it was a good fit for me (and I a good fit for it).
    Finally, i had a face-to-face 45 minute interview with the District Supervisor and District Manager.

They were thoroughly professional and were very attentive to my answers (obviously), and asked great pointed questions. Finally, they told me they would contact me the following Monday or Tuesday with a decision.

They ended up calling me the Friday before that to offer the job.

If you apply with Hersheys, be prepared to undergo a similar process which may take a month to complete, but it is well worth it. I haven't started yet, but i already know they are a great company, having seen how the workers and management communicate.

Interview Questions
    • What is the biggest goal you have set for yourself and fulfilled?   Answer Question
    There is no negotiation; it pays what they tell you up front. This job is not for someone looking to eventually turn it into a full-time gig, which is why it is titled "permanent part-time"

Retail Sales Representative Interview

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeksinterviewed at The Hershey Company in September 2014.

I applied then got an email to schedule a phone interview. I completed the phone interview and was asked to complete the video interview within three days. I completed the video interview and got an email the next day to schedule a field day. I attended the field day and got an email the next day asking me to attend an in person interview with the District Manager. I got an email the next day saying it went great and I would have one final phone interview with the Regional Manager for my desired location. I was told it would last an hour. The Regional Manager asked me two questions, which my answers were extremely strong for, then ended the interview. It lasted fifteen minutes. He did not even give me the respect of a full interview. Then, they said I would hear back in one week. When I did not hear back, I emailed the HR rep I was working with. Three days later on a Sunday night, I got a system generated rejection email. After five interviews, I was not even given the decency of a personal email. Even after the HR rep and my interviewers all had told me how much they liked me and thought I was a great fit. So, I was extremely confused by this. I decided to email the HR rep, say thank you for your time and consideration, what did I do wrong so I can improve for next time? It has been a month and I never got a response. I think that was extremely rude and disrespectful. I believe the organization has a lot to learn on professionalism. Then again, why would I want to work for a company that treats potential employees this way?

Interview Questions
    • Standard STAR model questions. Be prepared to know about Hershey's and have solid examples for typical interview questions. Also, have examples tailored to sales specific questions.   Answer Question

Field Sales Interview

I applied online. The process took 5 daysinterviewed at The Hershey Company in July 2014.

It was a prerecorded video interview. Someone was prerecorded asking questions and you have to answer them after on video. It was extremely awkward and uncomfortable.
    Questions were normal interview questions for sales jobs...
    describing experiences working on a team in the work place, how you handled a big issue and what you did to resolve it, your biggest accomplishment to date etc.

Interview Questions
    • What is your favorite Hershey's candy? I was thrown off guard!   Answer Question

Marketing Manager Interview

I applied through an employee referral – interviewed at The Hershey Company in July 2014.

The HR interview was a standard resume and behavioral interview. Walked through my resume highlights and went into some detail with the current position. There was a nice exchange about the interview process and the intense preparation needed to move forward in the interview process. The interview with the hiring manager was a lot less straightforward. This was also a phone interview and a resume review as well as a deeper behavioral review. A good overall interview second round interview did not result in going to the next round, an in office interview. Got positive feedback but just told they moved forward with an internal candidate.

Interview Questions
    • The toughest call is how hard to 'force' the interview to get to all of my positive results. The difficult question came in the form of a "the only other thing I want to know it..." question. We had not covered all of my success points but wanting to take the lead from the interviewer, I backed off forcing the rest of my resume in favor of a positive fluid give and take conversation. This may have been the right approach but hard to know.   Answer Question